How do YOU determine you want to be friends with someone?

Antlady69
Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
I'm just being curious and was wondering what made you send the friend requests that you have sent?

1. Do the people need to have anything in common with you?
2. Did you read their profiles before sending the request?
3. Does gender or age make a difference?
4. Anything else that you found attractive?

And if you decide against sending friend requests:
What put you off? Was it that they seemed to be (!) losing weight effortlessly? Or that they're slimmer than you to begin with?
Were you put off by their profile pix, like the headless "LOOK-AT-MY-BODY!!!!" mirror photos, or like cartoon characters? *COUGH* >:-)

What decision-making process went on in your brain?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Sense of humor usually. I don't mind having people with similar goals, but it's not a requirement for my FL. If someone makes a comment that is witty and really makes me laugh.....that's an instant friend request. I don't need "motivation friends"......although I do have lots of awesome supportive people on my friends list if they weren't there I would like to think I wouldn't stop doing what I'm doing......For me it comes from within. Being able to laugh while I waste time on here though......that I need.

oh.....and they have to be genuine......fake people just piss me off.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    While I'm not really discriminatory in accepting friend requests... though I will admit, I don't accept the random person that clicks "send friend request".. it's nothing personal, I just like to have chatted with a person before accepting requests... I do this across all forums and websites, so it's not really an MFP standard I have.

I like to have some things in common with the people I friend... whether that be sense of humor, goals, geographic region, similar life stage (as I call it), age, or something else...
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    It's usually if I'd be friends with them IRL. If not, they usually get declined. Or if they're really really flattering in their message. I have some 'semblance of standards.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    you request, I accept...

that's how I've gotten all my friends.

All my info is public anyway, the only time i defriend is if somebody gets the wrong idea (as in, I'm happily married) or they do something like have a negative net calorie intake everyday or something weird.
  • Basically if they are aholes, I want to be their friend.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Sense of humor usually. I don't mind having people with similar goals, but it's not a requirement for my FL. If someone makes a comment that is witty and really makes me laugh.....that's an instant friend request. I don't need "motivation friends"......although I do have lots of awesome supportive people on my friends list if they weren't there I would like to think I wouldn't stop doing what I'm doing......For me it comes from within. Being able to laugh while I waste time on here though......that I need.

This.

Generally, I don't reject friend requests unless I have seen them on the boards being a jerk. I don't send out a lot of friend requests though unless I see them on my friends lists or interact a lot on the boards. I don't like getting rejected.....
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Basically if they are aholes, I want to be their friend.

I guess I'm an ahole then. :laugh:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member

Likewise. Must be why we just click so well jellybean....
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    They have to be HOTTTTT.

Life is too short to have ugly friends.:wink:
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    If they are the people that the "why are people on MFP so mean" threads are aimed at, then I want them on my FL. I actually go into those threads looking for people to pad my FL with.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member

This^^ I :heart: him and CB65 SOOOO bad!!! Morning sugar buns!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    If they are the people that the "why are people on MFP so mean" threads are aimed at, then I want them on my FL.

:waves:
    They have to be HOTTTTT.

That never hurts either.
    Sense of humor usually... Being able to laugh while I waste time on here though......that I need.

Those seem to be the ones I get along with.
  • open diary
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    If they understand that sitting at my desk clapping and shouting 'I believe in fairies' is a good thing......! If they tell me to turn my frown upside down then this is a bad thing......that is all!
  • Jacwhite22
    Originally posted by hazyjel74:
    If they think being sarcastic about absolutely everything is smart, I instantly hate them

How you doing littlemissserious? :flowerforyou: :love: :smooched:
  • Jacwhite22

This^^ I :heart: him and CB65 SOOOO bad!!! Morning sugar buns!!

*HUGS* :blushing: :drinker:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    Mostly I just sit around and wait for people to FR me...then I decline them.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Mostly I just sit around and wait for people to FR me...then I decline them.

This
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    I don't accept any FR unless they tell me why in the world they chose to FR ME! LOL
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Usually, the person has to be pretty awesome for me to send a request. :laugh: Kidding.. but they do have to seem pretty cool or friendly.

Now, if someone sends ME a friend request, I'll usually accept it as long as I don't think they're a troll.