Moral/Ethical Question

Options

Replies

• kingpt11
    kingpt11 Posts: 27
    Options
    "which one would would loose the most weight" without any more terms?
    Well, if one of them had cut off one leg, would he win? ;)

a joke:
    "Two skinflint guys made a wager on wich one of them could hold their breaths longer. They both put their heads in a bucket of water at the same time, and they both drowned."

So... imo he cheated. because the end doesnt justify the means.
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    And for a Dr to get dehydrated, when he should know better is also stupid.....................
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    The joke about the guys drowning is really funny!
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    not sure if i would consider it cheating, but he defiantely played dirty. I think you should call a re-weigh!
    Agree!
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The thing with bets is that the rules are exactly what you agreed them to be, not what you 'thought' they were. If nothing was said about the use of pills, etc, then your doctor friend didn't cheat. Tell your other friend to suck it up and get out the clippers. Friends don't let friends welch on bets :smokin: :bigsmile:

Take this as a learning experience, and make sure to be specific with the rules for any future bets.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I just had a 12 week challenge with 14 friends of mine. $10 each, highest % of weight loss winner takes all. I know I would have considered it cheating if someone took a water pill before their final weigh in whether it was specified in the "rules" (since we didn't have any actual rules) or not. It goes against the spirit of the competition. It was not a competition to see who was smart enough to fake part of their weight loss. Lesson learned for this guy, but I would never make another bet with the cheating doctor.

BTW, I won our challenge with 8.6% loss and have started another 12 week challenge!! I love the competition and honestly couldn't care less if I win or not. Every pound lost is a victory for me!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    he cheated:(
  • kimg68
    kimg68 Posts: 64
    Options
    He cheated himself. If he took a water pill, whatever weight he lost from that will come back. So while he may be walking around with all his hair right now, I certainly wouldn't consider him a winner. Weight wise or morally. Congrats to the bald guy!!
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For the love of God its lose

If you are deciding who is looser, then that's really disturbing

lmao
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This depends on what the rules of the bet. If they had a bet on weight loss, no holds barred, then it isn't cheating. But if they had set aside some rules before hand, like no steroids or HGH or something, I'd say this man cheated.

It is pretty easy to accomplish dehydration without drugs. Competitive body builders do this just before a show, so your doctor friend didn't even need to use a prescription medication to become severely dehydrated. All he needed was some time in the sauna.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    cheating or not he's playing dirty and sounds like a sore loser, in both senses of the word. It's against the spirit of competition to pull crap like that, which can quickly escalate into dangerous behavior if pills are allowed. he might's technically won if there's no rule against it but he'd lose in my head.
  • amsohs85
    Options
    For the love of God its lose

If you are deciding who is looser, then that's really disturbing

Rotflmao....i see this so often on here i automatically just read loose or looser as lose or loser!!!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I think he chickened out. He is afraid to deal with the possibility of being bald and he was over-whelmed with that. whatever he did, he did and has to deal with it. his body will recover, but he will always know that he took the easy way out and didn't do ti the right way.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    He cheated ! I would wait for Doc to go to sleep and cut his hair so he wouldn't have any choice but to also shave his head too !
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    All those years of med school finally paid off! ha!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Did anyone participating in these forums take English at any level?
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    He probably didn't cheat unless it was stated no pills, but he sure is a sore loser and I wouldn't want him as my doctor

^^^This
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was cheating per se, nor playing dirty. You didn't mention the other person's job, for all I know, he could have gotten diuretics much easier. The pediatrician, hell, he should have had more knowledge on diet and nutrition to start with. How many weight lifters or even high school wrestlers do the same thing before a competition weigh in?
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Cheating! Next time they should go by body fat %age lost!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Cheater! lol but that's a pretty funny story