• deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Red solo cup I fill you up :drinker:

beeeeer mmmmmmm
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Vodka and water with a lime is actually really good. I used to like vodka tonics, but the tonic water still bloats me.

Or you can try vodka with Perrier and a lime.
  • nbischoff15
    Options
    More alcohol than normal helped contribute to my "10 pounds of summer" than I am now trying to lose! :)

Weekends are my downfall as well.... add to it being around friends who are all having drinks, and I really don't WANT to say 'no' to them - why? Because I enjoy an occasional drink or two!

Vodka is my 'go to' drink of choice.... mixed with Sugar Free Red Bull or with Crystal Light & water.... only 105 calories per drink (1.5 oz of vodka per drink). Not ideal, but for a cheat day, it is relatively okay. :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is alcohol so bad if you log it and keep your calories within range?

[pondering if I need to cut all alcohol from my diet]

Nah, if it's in your calories (and fits your macros), you're fine. At the same time, I'd also say it depends on the alcohol. Dry red wines and craft beer (usually unfiltered) have actual health benefits, so if it stays within your calories, seems like an even better option.

I make room for alcohol... if it can't be told by my name or my picture.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I think that is probably my biggest hurdle. I have switched to the 74 calorie margarita recipe that someone posted here. Still trying to tweak the amount of the ingredients for the best taste. It's a pretty simple recipe....

Too much alcohol will make you fat or keep you from losing but you can enjoy a little buzz in moderation if you plan it right. Here are my favorite recipes. They aren't exactly like the genuine article but they are quite refreshing, IMO because of the carbonation.

Margarita - 71 cals
    Sodastream Diet Lemon-lime (7-up) or Fountain Mist (like mountain dew) 2 cals
    1.0 ounces of tequila 69 cals

Eyeopener - 72 cals
    Sodastream Diet Energy (Red Bull) 0 cals
    1.5 oz Voli vodka 72 cals

Vojay - 74 cals
    Sodastream Diet Orange 2 cals
    1.5 oz Voi vodka 72 cals

Cape Cod - 74 cals
    Sodastream Diet Cran-Raspberry - 2 cals
    1.5 oz Voli vodka - 72 cals

(Put in lemon and/or orange flavor to make a Screwdriver)

I like using Sodastream flavors because they contain Splenda instead of aspartame. (I wish they used Stevia instead.)

Bottoms up! :drinker:

Diet Rite, Raspberry and I think tangerine? both taste like wine coolers... and zero calores... My kids now 25 and 27, used to asked for ( the one that tastes like a wine cooler), Not really sure where they got it from but its correct.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    My husband has been using the Wal-Mart brand (Clearly American) lime flavor sparkling water paired with gin.......it has 0 calories and he says it is great.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm not that into alcohol. I rarely drink and when I do, it's either a shot (because it's quick) or something fruity/sweet... usually vodka cranberry. Because alcohol tastes like *kitten*.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I enjoy beer and love wine even more but alcohol definitely puts the weight on me. If I have more than 1 on the weekend, I can really see a difference in my stomach, immediately.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love beer! :love: Especially pumpkin.

I try to work out hard and only limit it to one or two.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I still manage to have a couple of beers per week (usually Friday beer call after work) without hindering my progress. I might workout a little extra on that day, or go for an extra walk, or eat a little less at lunch (but still healthy) to have open calories. I have just reduced my alcohol intake in general to a couple of drinks per week but have not (and will not) give it up completely.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love my dive bar. I love my dive bar A LOT. I really love drinking at my dive bar.

I bring a 4 pack of monster Zero Effect into the dive bar with me . I order (throughout the night) about 10 shots of 70 proof vodka at 85 calories a shot. about one shot for a little less than half the can of monster is one drink for 85 calories. I stay at my dive bar for 4 to 5 hours and make sure that I dance for at least two and half hours of that time.

Net result ... great time drinking and partying with my friends at the bar. I only count half of the calories that MFP claims I burn with general dancing and end up with a 100 calorie burn for the night!

Drinks = 850 calories
    Dancing general for 150 minutes = 1910 calories burned
    1910 / 2 = 955
    850 calories consumed - 955 calories burned = -105!!!

I love my dive bar. I love drinking.
    I will find a way to drink my fill and still lose weight.

CHEERS!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah. Especially last weekend......a bunch of ciders along with mead, and wine tasting. Oops.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love my dive bar. I love my dive bar A LOT. I really love drinking at my dive bar.

I bring a 4 pack of monster Zero Effect into the dive bar with me . I order (throughout the night) about 10 shots of 70 proof vodka at 85 calories a shot. about one shot for a little less than half the can of monster is one drink for 85 calories. I stay at my dive bar for 4 to 5 hours and make sure that I dance for at least two and half hours of that time.

Net result ... great time drinking and partying with my friends at the bar. I only count half of the calories that MFP claims I burn with general dancing and end up with a 100 calorie burn for the night!

Drinks = 850 calories
    Dancing general for 150 minutes = 1910 calories burned
    1910 / 2 = 955
    850 calories consumed - 955 calories burned = -105!!!

I love my dive bar. I love drinking.
    I will find a way to drink my fill and still lose weight.

CHEERS!

dang, haha you have a SYSTEM! :)
  • stshelleyb
    Options
    Wine. White wine. If you can take it, SkinnyGirl Wine is actually palatable. A fair trade for looking so much better :)
  • torourke69
    Options
    MMMMMM, BEEEEEEEEERRRRR !!!

I love beer! What more can I say, and to those who dont know the pleasures of beer I liken it to mothers milk.

It is beer that has given me the spare tyre, and I havent had beer for 5 days now, which is very hard because I have 6 weeks holidays. Last weekend was the NRL and AFL grand final weekend so heaps of beer was consumed. This weekend is the Bathurst 1000 motor race.

I'm not fat as such, but have a beer gut which I am trying to lose.

I'm a scotch fan too so maybe a glass of Jamisons Whiskey on ice may be worth a shot.

I'll google that.

Good luck to you all.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I drink beer & wine twice a week!!!!!I love my drinks and just work harder @ the gym so i can have them:):drinker:
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    52 months I have had 2 glasses of wine and 2 New Years glasses of champagne I used to drink over a pint a day and loved it Bombay that is I cant drink and lose and certainly cant run every day and drink like that Some day when I finish probably after losing near 200 lbs I may have some wine again probably not
  • Ilovejacks
    Options
    Is your Dive bar in Charleston,SC?:drinker:
  • Ilovejacks
    Options
    Heck yeah. Especially last weekend......a bunch of ciders along with mead, and wine tasting. Oops.
    Is your Dive bar in Charleston,SC?:drinker: