Replies

• cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yup, 80s girl here all the way
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    early 1900s... aught 9 to be exact :) ahh... those were the days!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I like living here and now. It is such a wonderful time to be a modern American. Science, technology, and the interconnectedness of human beings is bringing knowledge, education, and culture to people around the world. It's a great time to be alive.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    :heart: 1950's :heart:
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I've always been in love with the 1950s. I love the style and it was a good decade for showbusiness. It truly was "The Golden Age". I would have loved to have been a 1950s Hollywood Starlet!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1970's for sure, best music ever! Who doesn't love bell bottoms and tie-dye?

Sorry, I was a little kid in the 70's hated bell bottoms or "flars" as we called them.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was born in '70 but always felt I should have grown up in the 60's and 70's. Everything about that time appeals to me in one way or another.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Mid to late 1800s....The old west!!

Love reading stories about Wyatt Earp, Jesse James, eeeek! No surprise I'm going to finally move west

Plus one!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The 1950s for sure!
    Love the full skirts, hairstyles and makeup, i like experimenting with different 50s looks for special occasions like weddings etc.
    Wouldn't want to live there though as they hadn't invented the life saving medication i take every day!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm right where I belong. I don't want to go back and live a hard life in rough conditions, not have some of the technologies I enjoy using, or lack some of the basic rights and freedoms I enjoy today. I am a little curious about the future, though...
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I totally should have been a hippie in the 60's. My Dad was, and I am so jealous! :)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the 70's-80's and the 70's definitely are the best of the decades I've seen (60's on). And it's not just the nostalgia of childhood that makes everything just a little special. Because disco still sucks. I just don't know why I can't help dancing when I hear it! I really wish I could have actually experienced the 60's but I was just a baby. And, I would love to go back to those decades as an adult. I'm sure that is a whole different experience! (key parties?!?)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm right where I belong. I don't want to go back and live a hard life in rough conditions, not have some of the technologies I enjoy using, or lack some of the basic rights and freedoms I enjoy today. I am a little curious about the future, though...

We are living some hard times right now. Some of the hardest I've seen. Technology is so overrated too. Sure, I have a smart phone but I miss the days when you could go out to eat and have a conversation without everyone checking fb or txting their bff. :frown:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The height of Britpop in the UK ... 1995 to 1998 ... Just one music festival/holiday after another.

I was working too, I just don't remember those bits ...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Renaissance period or Victorian era. I love the fashion. Also chubbier girls were wealthy and considered more attractive at the time. :)

OH yeah I would have been totally hot back then which is another reason I would go back to that time! I often think geesh if Renaissance paintings were more popular today I would totally be with the in crowd!

Yup, painters would be on my doorstep wanting my portrait. :laugh:
  • AnneM69
    Options
    I'm not sure which decade I'm thinking of, probably 19th century though, but when my grandfather's Jewish family were living peacefully and happily in Austria or Czechoslovakia.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely the 1950s Housewife type, I would have thrived on that.

I do have an obsession with 1920s Hollywood too, I love the silent era.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The wild West gunslinger era.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    I'm an hourglass shape, all hips and boobs and love glamorous fitted dresses and heels

So late 50s early 60s, I think Marilyn Monroe was stunning
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Victorian era or the 1930s-150s.