Please don't log this...........

Options

Replies

• skessa
    Options
    I shampooed AND conditioned my hair today. Ok, what is left of my hair. Gotta be good for 7-8 thousand cals burned. No?

actually, yes - unless it's kilocalories you were referring to. :wink:

well, I count "walking home from town" and most people think that's stupid, because it's just "physical activity" and not exercise. But it works for me - "physical activity level" adjusted to what i do every single day, and exercise for everything that's extra. It's all just tools for getting in shape anyway, and everyone has to find out how it works best for them personally - so as long as I'm losing weight and gain muscle, I don't see the harm in logging whatever felt like excercise to me.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I personally do log my mowing calories. 10 acres with zero turn mower.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    and to think my dh laughed at me for mowing the grass (with a push mower).. :laugh: I guess I'll have to remember all that bending and lifting next time I unload the dishwasher..

sigh.. and school lunches are the reason kids are overweight..

I log mowing the grass - mostly because I leave it too long before I do it each time so it's like hacking down a rather large, spread out bush but also because my lovely puppy has left holes in it everywhere so sometimes I have to account for dragging the rather large lawnmower out of such holes.

By the end I am pretty knackered - if I'm sweating, I log it.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!!!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    So when I log wiping my a**, that's NOT a good thing to do??? Darn. :happy:

I'm sure when I drag my backside across the carpet, I'm burning calories.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    AND that's why mommy hasn't lost any weight! ;)
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    and to think my dh laughed at me for mowing the grass (with a push mower).. :laugh: I guess I'll have to remember all that bending and lifting next time I unload the dishwasher..

sigh.. and school lunches are the reason kids are overweight..

I log mowing the grass - mostly because I leave it too long before I do it each time so it's like hacking down a rather large, spread out bush but also because my lovely puppy has left holes in it everywhere so sometimes I have to account for dragging the rather large lawnmower out of such holes.

By the end I am pretty knackered - if I'm sweating, I log it.

I logged mine as well. An hour and 1/5 of pushing and turning and re-cranking the mower after I stopped for some water. It was about 85 degrees out and not humid. By the time I was done, I looked like I had been swimming instead. Nooo way I wasn't logging that burn.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I just realised I get way hungrier at work than I do at home because work is stressful and I'm always thinking.
    Should I log 'thinking' as calories or just change my activity level?
    LOL LOL LOL.
  • Punchabear
    Options
    Ok, brushing your teeth? I get that's not something you should log, but why not some of this other stuff? I mean as long as it's not your usual day-to-day menial activity, that's covered in your daily activeness section anyway. Just because it doesn't have a number of reps or a name like 'cardio squat lunges' doesn't make it not exercise.
    For example, mowing your lawn is damn good exercise. Especially if you have a push mower. You are pushing this thing around in the heat sometimes up and down hills for around an hour. (That's based on my yard.)
    I put in carpentry yesterday because I was doing some woodworking. Just out of curiosity I wore my HRM and was surprised by the burn. That's something I don't normally do every day, and that involves some effort. My arms feel it from the sawing. (Yes, I still did regular exercise afterwards anyway.)
    Point is, it doesn't have to be specifically something you saw in a health and fitness magazine for it to be good exercise.
    Within reason of course, logging brushing your teeth is in the department of ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Ok, brushing your teeth? I get that's not something you should log, but why not some of this other stuff? I mean as long as it's not your usual day-to-day menial activity, that's covered in your daily activeness section anyway. Just because it doesn't have a number of reps or a name like 'cardio squat lunges' doesn't make it not exercise.
    For example, mowing your lawn is damn good exercise. Especially if you have a push mower. You are pushing this thing around in the heat sometimes up and down hills for around an hour. (That's based on my yard.)
    I put in carpentry yesterday because I was doing some woodworking. Just out of curiosity I wore my HRM and was surprised by the burn. That's something I don't normally do every day, and that involves some effort. My arms feel it from the sawing. (Yes, I still did regular exercise afterwards anyway.)
    Point is, it doesn't have to be specifically something you saw in a health and fitness magazine for it to be good exercise.
    Within reason of course, logging brushing your teeth is in the department of ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.

Punching a bear must also burn a good few calories!!
  • darrensurrey
    Options

Agreed. If you hoover the floor every day and set your activity level as high, then you can't include it (but also ought to check in at a mental health clinic) but if you mow the lawn once a week and have an office job, then your activity level is low so really should log your mowing... mind you, I'm not fussed about eating back calories especially as there's no 100% accurate way of measuring the burn.
  • PancakesAreEvil
    Options
    I'm gonna start logging "Taking my jacket off" as an exercise after watching Karate Kid. :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Ate out for dinner and while chillin' out waiting for the check, I over heard a child who was playing on her mom's Iphone say "Mommy you count brushing your teeth as exercise?"

And mommy replied "Of course."

I guess that depends on how nasty she lets her teeth get before brushing them. :sick:
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So when I log wiping my a**, that's NOT a good thing to do??? Darn. :happy:

No no no.. wiping your a** IS a good thing.... logging it as a calorie burn, well.......

RTFLMAO

naceto burned 2000 calories doing 5 minutes of "Laughing at this thread"
  • Punchabear
    Options

Punching a bear must also burn a good few calories!!

It's actually a very good workout! I just don't log it because It's something I do all the time haha
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    :laugh: Too right. You'd get people telling you off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Okay 2.005467884 calories burned snapping my fingers and singing "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I wish I could log brushing my teeth, I have invisalign and have to floss and brush after anything I eat or drink that isn't water!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Okay 2.005467884 calories burned snapping my fingers and singing "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel.

IDEA Fitness member

Is that using both hands? And what about tapping your foot?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

If you swayed more, you'd burn more. Don't sell yourself short.