wedding's in 2013 :)

Options
Hi all. I thought id start a little thread for all brides getting married in 2013, including me :) my date is saturday 26th october. Dont no about anyone else but my fiance' and my sister who i live with often get bored of my wedding talk lol. so thought if anyone else was in the same boat we could chat with each other on here. Im so excited i could talk about it for hours on end :) anyways feel welcome to join in. xx

Replies

• RunDottyRun
    Options
    Mines August 26th :)
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    brill well done. i wish mine was sooner but its a special date for me so gunna stick with it lol. and everything is booked now :) xx
  • NiennaMariee
    NiennaMariee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mines 7th June :)

Everyone gets bored of my wedding too, ahh well! Have you got much sorted?? x
  • RunDottyRun
    Options
    Yeah 26th Aug 2013 will be our 4th anniversary... less dates to remember ;) haha. We have NOTHING booked yet! We're so lazy! (been engaged over a year)
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    god i wish mine was sooner lol. feels like ive got to wait for ever. UMMM im preety much sorted yeah lol. weve booked the church, reception, car, limo, cake, photographer and hair lol. i went on abit of a mad streak when we got engaged and got quotes from everyone then we just booked it up. least the good thing now is its all done so just got to pay it off :)

How much have you got sorted. I just love wedding talk :) xx
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    really, nothing booked. god i think i went ott lol. ive got everything booked and paid all deposits so now just got to sit back and pay it off and wait for the day lol. xx
  • NiennaMariee
    Options
    Ahhh I'm in the middle of you both them, done a bit, but not gone crazy yet :)

I've ordered my dress, booked the venues and photographer and ordered bridesmaids dresses. MIL is doing cake so I don't have that to worry about it. In the midst of trying to sort of decorations and trying to find cheap chair covers. Stressing about my flowers, I have no idea what I'm going to do about them, they are sooo expensive. The same with cars too, they are right expensive but will sort something out.

So still a fair way to go. But as long as my dress is amazing I don't care anymore. hahaha. x
  • RunDottyRun
    Options
    Yeah we've sorted where the ceremony will be, where the professional photos will be, and where the reception will be. Also who will be coming, how we'll deal with out of town guests ect ect. Just no bookings... lol

We're in the middle of moving so that's why it's been on hold :)
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    Congrats to you brides to be!!

May 25 here!! So excited!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've only been engaged since Tuesday, and we haven't really set a date yet 'cause I need to start school first and I want to wait until after I'm finished before getting married, but if all goes according to plan, we very well may marry on November 30, which will also be our sixth anniversary (someone up there is doing something right - fewer dates to remember).

Edit: Ohmigawd, sixth anniversary? I've been with that boy since I was fifteen... that's like a quarter of my life!
  • NiennaMariee
    Options
    Yeah we've sorted where the ceremony will be, where the professional photos will be, and where the reception will be. Also who will be coming, how we'll deal with out of town guests ect ect. Just no bookings... lol

We're in the middle of moving so that's why it's been on hold :)

You've still got plenty of time yet :) We still don't know who's coming yet haha. It's so difficult trying to keep numbers down, we have more family than we realized x
  • NiennaMariee
    Options
    I've only been engaged since Tuesday, and we haven't really set a date yet 'cause I need to start school first and I want to wait until after I'm finished before getting married, but if all goes according to plan, we very well may marry on November 30, which will also be our sixth anniversary (someone up there is doing something right - fewer dates to remember).

Edit: Ohmigawd, sixth anniversary? I've been with that boy since I was fifteen... that's like a quarter of my life!

I agree, you are all doing it right. I would have if I could remember when our anniversary is.. *slaps hand* Bad Lisa! So we are starting afresh with our date. Hopefully will remember this one, haha!
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    im getting my flowers off of ebay, there fake but so pretty. my friend had them at her wedding when i was bridesmaid and ive kept them and they still look as good as they did on the day :) ive got a large bouquet then ive got 6 smaller ones for the bridesmaids all coming in at 120 pounds :)

Its defo worth a look. ive got all my table decorations and the table covers from ebay. I have also found someone in bridgwater that will decorate the hall, head table and out white chair covers on 100 chairs with sashes all for 400. Ive done alot of looking around and research lol. xxx
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    ah i see, good luck with the move. I just wanted to crack on with it get it all booked then we can sit back for the next year and relax abit and just pay it all off by instalments. its been a breeze lol xx
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    congrats to you too :) xx
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    sorry guys ive just noticed i havent been quoting the people ive been replying too lol. bad katie. will do from now on :) lol xxx
  • NiennaMariee
    Options
    im getting my flowers off of ebay, there fake but so pretty. my friend had them at her wedding when i was bridesmaid and ive kept them and they still look as good as they did on the day :) ive got a large bouquet then ive got 6 smaller ones for the bridesmaids all coming in at 120 pounds :)

Its defo worth a look. ive got all my table decorations and the table covers from ebay. I have also found someone in bridgwater that will decorate the hall, head table and out white chair covers on 100 chairs with sashes all for 400. Ive done alot of looking around and research lol. xxx

I've looked on the flowers on ebay because I was thinking fake too, to keep the price down. I was just thinking I might buy everything to make them and have a go at making my own, that way I get what I want. But it's a risk because they might be rubbish. Your flowers sound like a right bargain.. I've got 4 bridesmaids and what I've looked at, they're coming in at about the same price!

I've also got decorations and tablecovers from ebay, great minds eh :) and I'm looking at chair covers on ebay too.. £130 for 80 chairs with organza saches, which seems good to me. Just need to wait till payday to get them ordered :)
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have a wedding in 2013 (that I know of!) but congratulations to all of the brides-to-be! I'm close to engagement and hope to have a forum to come back to when I'm as excited as all of you are (and deserve to be!).
  • kathendo1984
    Options

I've looked on the flowers on ebay because I was thinking fake too, to keep the price down. I was just thinking I might buy everything to make them and have a go at making my own, that way I get what I want. But it's a risk because they might be rubbish. Your flowers sound like a right bargain.. I've got 4 bridesmaids and what I've looked at, they're coming in at about the same price!

I've also got decorations and tablecovers from ebay, great minds eh :) and I'm looking at chair covers on ebay too.. £130 for 80 chairs with organza saches, which seems good to me. Just need to wait till payday to get them ordered :)

This is the number to my ones, 250986530923. ive emailed the lady and asked if i can change the colours slightly and she said yes so im having them dark purple lilac and white :) i think there a bargain and look well nice.

Yep great minds ay :) i just didnt see the point in forking out so much money when you can get everything off of ebay for a decent price. I got 100 chair covers with sashes for 120 pounds.

Ive got a budget plan worked out and everything and no what to pay off each month and what else to get each month :) xxx
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    I don't have a wedding in 2013 (that I know of!) but congratulations to all of the brides-to-be! I'm close to engagement and hope to have a forum to come back to when I'm as excited as all of you are (and deserve to be!).

Thnaks, ahh im sure there will be. if not make one like i did :) hope you wont have to wait to long to get engaged. I have only been with my man for 8 months but weve known eachother for over 3 years and we both knew as soon as we got together that was it forever. xxx