STOP DRINKING WATER!

Options
2»

Replies

• JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So water intake should be determind from your urine?

This is not always accurate. Other things can affect your uring other than just water. If you take a multivitamin for example, it can affect the appearance of your urine because the water soluble vitamins that are in excess of what your body needs will be flushed through your urine. Even when I drink plenty of water, several hours after I take a multivitamin, it would still appear that I was dehydrated if I followed this alone.
  • oceansablue
    Options
    In all honesty too much of anything can kill you. In water's case, you almost need to be trying. All in all, just remember to take things in moderation.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The only time taking in too much water can be dangerous...is if you hold it in without going to the bathroom. Me, I took in TEN glasses of water because I really needed it walking around Atlanta for Dragon*Con yesterday. I can't believe I was able to find a bottle of Glaceau Smart Water that was even LARGER than the four-glass bottle...a SIX-glass bottle (50.7 oz). I easily reached my goal of 8 glasses and thensome! Of course, I had to go to the bathroom almost every hour, but that means you're doing well in clearing the system.

Also, I donated blood yesterday, and drinking that water made the donation quick and easy (not to mention the fact I've lost 40 POUNDS!)!
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    "when your thirsty, you have already been dehydrated for hours"-Personal fitness trainer
    its almost impossible to drink water to the point of death or health problems. especially if its throughout the day. i try for 1 water bottle an hour because my activity level is high
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

"Under normal circumstances, accidentally consuming too much water is exceptionally rare. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests in which individuals attempt to consume large amounts of water, or long bouts of intensive exercise during which electrolytes are not properly replenished, yet huge amounts of fluid are still consumed"

That last one about exercise is why it pops up in the news now and again - normally about a marathon/ultra distance runner.

Do not worry about drinking too much water, most people never drink enough.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I drink water til my teeth float
    mmmmm
    as I told a coworker today - iced water is my cocaine