Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - are we allowed a day off?!!

Options
13»

Replies

• KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think it's recommended that you take one day off, but I think that might even be extreme, and considering you burn less than 200 calories doing it, it's not really worth it (the exhaustion, fatigue, sore muscles, etc) to do it every day, you're just going to burn yourself out. So I used it more for toning than for weight loss. I'd usually do it in combination with a cardio exercise. Take days off from 30 day shred but not from working out, still do your cardio; always do your cardio.

I burn 225-300 each time a do a 30ds work out --- I'm 5'3, 148 pounds, and with 24% BF and that's according to a pretty accurate HRM - so the basis for your advice here is (likely) inaccurate unless the OP is super fit/not doing the program properly (ie pushing hard and keeping up). 200-300 calories IS definitely worth it because you're working less than 30 minutes. That is, if it is only soreness and not PAIN.

I did 30ds 30 days straight - but I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard. I did ripped in 30 5 days a week because more HURT and not hurt so good. Like everyone else said, OP, listen to your body. If you genuinely hurt and are in pain, not soreness - don't push it. Your results won't be lost taking a day or two off, it might just take you extra time to get to the goal you want to achieve. But I think that's totally what the fitness journey is about -- making choices you can live with.

I need a HRM!!! This site tells me I only burn 162 and I know I burn more than that!!

How did you log it, because when I log it in as Circuit Training, it says 214 cals.
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

How did you log it, because when I log it in as Circuit Training, it says 214 cals.

I have a "calories burned" app. don't think it's too accurate.
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Can I move on to Level 2 early? I don't feel like I'm getting a workout with level one :/
  • footejanessa
    Options
    I wanted to add to this cause I didn't know how to enter it but when you enter it into your cardiovascular for the day how do you enter it
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Its been 7 days since I started but I only got in 6 workouts due to my work schedule. I'm going to try to do it with minimum breaks, only when work doesn't allow me because I really feel better after only a week and I have a lot of damage to undue. I put back on 20 pounds that I had lost since I moved last spring! I feel better and stronger and want to see those results.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    scratch that, i went back and finished it.

Good job. I think you'll do great and if you're just starting I wouldn't be embarassed at all. I'm not proud of the fact I was a crybaby laying on the floor after day one. It's serious stuff.
  • Lucas_Chanelle
    Lucas_Chanelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right lol!
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Despite that this topic is two years old...

I did it in October/November 2013 and took a day off, only to quit from there. I did it again in like... January or February of this year and didn't take a break. :D