I Don't Count Pickles

Options
124»

Replies

• Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't count celery or apples because they are negative calorie foods.

I thought there was no such thing as negative calorie foods?

Yes there is. I saw it on Dr. Oz. And he's a Dr. So he knows what he's talking about.

Don't believe everything he says, money is his first concern and I have caught him on a few contradiction. He gets paid $$$$$$$for his endorsements and he is not keeping good track of what he endorses versus what he preaches. There are no such a thing as negative calories.
    Oh so true. Don't trust anyone who's paid to tell me something...

so true!
    Its like the Doctors. I work in a microbiology lab and I literally laugh at their stories of how much these bacterias can kill you........ yeah the likelyhood of that happening is so tiny yet they make it sound into a horror story.

I don't count my stevia. Don't see the point in something so low.
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't count spices and I do not put salt in anything, so I am not concerned. I don't watch sodium levels either.

I log my vites because they contain carbs, which I do track. However, I do not log any other medications, such as tylenol or prescription medications that I may take.

I do count my water mix-ins because I drink a lot of water and the calories from those add up!
  • Aventuria
    Options
    So far herbs and spices are the only thing that I don't count. :wink:
  • boobunnie72
    Options
    LOL Pickles are delish!!! I do not count them either ~ I have 8 *hamburger chips* slices as a side to things I'm eating ~ sort of like...replacing potato chips ~ =)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If it's food it's calories. Only things without cals are air & water. You are only cheating yourself.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I don't count celery or apples because they are negative calorie foods.

over 100 cals each apple & the amount of sugar & you think they are - foods? there is no such thing sorry. Only things in the world like I said without cals are air & water (plain water)
  • openairhealth
    Options
    gum and watermelon. i don't really know why i don't count watermelon. i don't eat it a lot and it seems safe to me.

there is no such thing as neg cal food btw. although, some foods use the calories they have in them to be moved through the digestive track... such as celery which is why some foods get called, "negative calorie".
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Gum
    Vitamins
    Juice from lemon and lime wedges to flavor my water
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    anything under 10 or 20 calories (if i have only 1 serving) such as...

pickles
    lettuce
    salad dressing (I only use light italian or something similar)
    if i just have a small bite of something (cake, cookie, bread etc)

can't think of anything else, but you get my drift
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee - it is the instant Nescafe espresso. I do count one and a half cups of skim milk every day as I have coffee, skim milk and no sugar.- I have about 4 cups a day sometimes more, sometimes only one.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I don't count water over 8 a day. Everything else I count , even the cinnamon I sprinkle over my greek yogurt and coffee.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Cough drops, Tic Tacs, Crystal Light, and cooking spray.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I don't count (black) tea or coffee.

I don't count diet drinks on the rare occasions that I have them.

I don't count spices, herbs, salt or pepper.

I don't count mustard, soy sauce, worcester sauce, tabasco sauce, etc. as I only have drops of those things.

I wouldn't count things cinnamon sticks, liquorice sticks, sugar-free gum.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I never used to count spices until I just logged some home made food and realised I was missing hidden calories.
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't count mustard, vinegar, or spices. Sometimes I skip my instant coffee and just count the cream I put in it. Some days it's just not worth it to log it and watch the "0" pop up. O.O
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    quite often i miss off home grown veg snacks i sometimes grab a raddish or a carrot as i go past the veg patch but i never count them, unless its something like yest when i had 3 carrots and some mayo for lunch... lol
    x
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I count everything - for me it's about my overall health and my nutrition, not just the calories. The only thing I don't count is water, as I've always drunk more than MFP recommends so it's not an issue for me.

Maybe if I reach maintenance and good health, I'd be less particular, in which case I'd do as others have suggested and lower my calorie target by 100, so not to have to bother entering scrapes of mustard and 1/2 tsps of spices, but until then I want a full record.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I love pickles. I count them if I eat whole pickles, but if I just dill relish I don't. I don't count mustard, but I do count mayo, bbq sauce, etc. I also do not count any dry seasoning I put on food, such as Ms. Dash salt substitute. I used to not count my excessive amount of coffee creamer, but would make sure I covered the guestimated amount I consumed with my daily calorie burn, now I just skip the coffe....way easier!