My story to 100 pounds lost! (pics)

Options

Replies

• LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You are quite an inspiration!!! Congrats on your weight loss!! You look great!!
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself - you're amazing and an inspiration! Congratulations!
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!!!!! I am proud of you too =)
  • sweetpea44813
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! For the benefit of those reading this, I had challenged TXnurse97 to a race to 100 pounds lost! She beat me as I am only down 99. I think we started at about the same weight as well. I topped out at 289, so that puts me at 190 right now.

You look fantastic and if you continue your journey here on MFP, I would be honored to come along for the ride and be around for support! I plan on losing at least another 51 pounds, so I won't be leaving anytime soon.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! You look awesome...
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! For the benefit of those reading this, I had challenged TXnurse97 to a race to 100 pounds lost! She beat me as I am only down 99. I think we started at about the same weight as well. I topped out at 289, so that puts me at 190 right now.

You look fantastic and if you continue your journey here on MFP, I would be honored to come along for the ride and be around for support! I plan on losing at least another 51 pounds, so I won't be leaving anytime soon.

"Only down 99"?? You're down 99 lbs! That's amazing. And I have no doubt you would have reached 100 sooner than me, but your vacation got you a little behind. I know I'll see you hit that 100 mark soon!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For those who asked, yes, I am MUCH healthier. The biggest change was that I was taking blood pressure medicine before I lost weight. And in my mid 30s, taking blood pressure medicine was NOT good. Way too young for that. I've now been off blood pressure medicine for the last few months, and my last blood pressure was 118/83. Also, before I lost weight, my resting heart rate was in the low 90s. It wouldn't take much activity for me at all to be in the 110s. (Just being at work was enough to do that). Now, my resting heart rate is in the low 70s, and I have to work to get it above 100.

As you can tell by my screen name, I'm a nurse. I work 12 hour shifts, and at the end of 12 hours, I would hurt. Physically hurt. I don't any more. My family has a history of heart disease and high cholesterol. I had a full physical in March and everything was perfect. Even my cholesterol was good, 171.

I did, and do have, some good support from most of my family. My husband isn't the most supportive, but he's getting better. But he used to ask me to stop for fast food on the way home from work. I would stop, buy for him, and none for me. That took some will power. :) But my parents, my sisters and friends have been extremely supportive. I have a large group of friends on Facebook who have kept me going (I post a lot of my progress on there) and my friends on here help too! But in terms of support, the biggest help would be seeing a counselor. I did it for about 6 weeks last summer, and I started again this summer. Even with a big weight loss, I'm still an emotional/stress eater, and I still have to deal with that. That's been the most frustrating part of this journey, seeing my weight drop but my issues remain. I guess I thought the weight loss would fix those, but they haven't. So I still struggle at times.

And for those of you who caught it, yes, I'm a geocacher. Used to geocache all the time before my daughter was born. Now that she's almost 4, hoping to get out there more with her.

So there's more of my story. Thanks to those who have friend requested me...I hope we can be a help to each other!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look and must feel great!!!! Many congratulations!!!!!
  • BosBruin5
    BosBruin5 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Congrats, thats amazing! Keep it up :)
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration for what hard work can get you. GREAT job!! Keep it up!! WOW!
  • doit_4life
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are an inspiration, I have a bit more than halfway to go....good to see your success!
  • Sandraleigh87
    Sandraleigh87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful!!!
  • timbit_queen
    Options
    I just started this site today. I too want to lose 100 pounds by next July/August. I've been using Turbo Jam for the past week, but have never counted calories. A friend told me about this site on Facebook. I'm all excited about it. And you my dear have even more so. If you can do it, I can do it. Now on to my second Turbo workout today. Congrats, and thanks. You are a HUGE motivation.
  • mandlteam
    Options
    Lookin good, you should be proud!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • spippin73
    Options
    Simply amazing!!!
  • Islandqueenfl
    Islandqueenfl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats to a fellow geocacher! I know that logo on your first shirt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!