What is her name? Our pup!

Replies

• cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Next female dog I get its either going to be Sookie or Molly.

That's a cute pup. :)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Aw I can only see half of her but she's fab :) how about Jem or Gem..

I have 2 dogs, Dave and Lilly and a cat called Bambam. Some names of cats/dogs that I have fostered are

Mila (like Mee-la)
    Daisy
    Stella
    Snookie and Jwoww :)
    Tiger Lilly

x
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Awwww She's so cute!!! I think Abby would be a cute name.

I have 4 chihuahas. 2 boys ( Cookie & Coco) and 2 girls ( Candy and Caramel) They are my "Snack Pack" :heart:
  • Chalula
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    She looks like a "Baby" to me.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    If I had a pup, I would call her wolverine.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Give her a week or so - she'll tell you what her name is. :) Long ago, I adopted a pretty beat up pup that the shelter had named Clyde. I didn't like that name much and decided to try others --- but, as it turns out, he actually WAS Clyde. Just a big Clydieo. LOL - stupidest smart dog I ever had. Miss him every day.

General rules of thumb to keep in mind: try to pick a name that has a hard consonent and/or a syllibant s... both are perported to catch and keep a canine's attention.

Congrats on your pup - she's adorable ... and very lucky to have found you!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    I like 'flash' or 'switch' :)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Call it a proper name - a proper person name not like Lassie or something LOL - I'm useless at girl names - I know how hard it is to choose a puppy name we got ours 3 months ago and the time it took us to come up with it! We did keep going back to the same name tho so obviously it was the one for our pup :)
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Ms. Bojangles!!!! Or Mitzy...Daisy is a cute name....overall you need to pick a name you won't be embarrassed yelling out to your neighborhood at 6 am if she wanders off. LOL
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    I thought Roxy first too.. Cutest puppy ever!!

I also thought Roxy first - except I would have spelled it Roxi. :smile:
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    I spell my yorkie as R-O-X-I-E -- Roxie, Emmie, Abbie. She is just adorable, I cannot believe someone would do that! Thank you for taking her!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    We have two chipoos which are tea cup poodle and tea cup chihuahua mixes. We adore them and they are our babies. We named them Sylvia (Sylvie) and Lulu so I'm partial to those two names. :)
    Others I like ... Delilah, Coco, Phoebe, Mercury (b/c she's so tiny!), Molly, Lilly, Chloe, Mickey, Pebbles ... I'll stop there! :flowerforyou:

ETA this link with girl dog names. :)http://www.dognameswoof.com/favoritegirldognames.htm?page=8#top
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Talulua! I always loved that name for small dogs!

Be careful when she gets older with nipping - try not to let her do it at all, no matter how cute it might seem. Pups often don't learn bite inhibition when they are separated so young - they learn it from their mum and littermates. This isn't necessarily vicious biting, just play biting and mouthing, but as they get stronger it can hurt like hell!

If you're interested in seeing an extreme case, try looking up a video on Diesel the husky who was on It's Me or the Dog. He mouths and bites constantly because he was separated from his litter at 4 or 5 weeks old. I know she won't grow anywhere near his size, but she could still pack a good nip!

(I do dog behaviour/training in case you're wondering where this random bit of advice came from)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Aww what a cutie pie!! We have a long haired doxie dog we've named Chelsea. I also like the name Molly.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Mudslide! Cause of her coloring: white (clear for vodka, black for Kahlua, tan for Baileys! :drinker:
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    We have 5...there's

New Zealnd Huntaway - Woolaways Razor Smile (Razor) or Dufus...
    Australian Kelpie - Top Devonairs Trusty Rusty (Rusty) or Bad Dog
    Australian Kelpie - Ash Bang Wallop (Ash) or Mad Dog
    Working Cocker Spaniel - Pickled Tink (Pickle) or Bonkers Dog
    Collie/Spaniel Cross - Her name is Rio (Rio) or Pig Dog

The last bits are what my little man calls them all.

Whatever name you come up with, ask yourself how comfortable you'd be standing in a park shouting it for a recall - my friend was going to call his Doberman 'Gunner' - I'll let you work out how that sounds shouting a recall command.....

Roxy is nice, good name, short, easy...and well done for getting her. We foster dogs from time to time, Pickle is a rescue....
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    ... Steffi, Lizzie, Libby, Polly, Ellie ... I could go on for days! ;)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Every time my mom got a pup, the first few months it was called little ****...until we could figure out a name that fit the pups personality. They had a Snowball (used to run in the snow and tumble *kitten* over tea kettle), a Digger, and a Sparky. I have had a Snicklefritz and a Misty (she would stare blankley at the corner for hours).
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Lucy