Avocados

Options
124»

Replies

• kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all that talked about eggs with avocados!
    (never thought about that)

I was inspired to make this for the family today...

I did mine with poached!

Avoadopoachedeggs.jpg

Dang, that looks so good. I've got to try that next weekend.

I love to eat avocados:
    in salads (diced or mashed with yogurt and garlic to make a dressing)
    on sandwiches/burgers/wraps (sliced or mashed as a spread)
    Guacamole with tomato, garlic, onion, cilantro, lime, chile (no olive oil, but to each his own)
    diced in chunky salsas or bean salads
  • Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Chovocado Pudding

1 ripe avocado
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup raw agave nectar (honey will work)
    1/4 cup coconut milk (almond milk or cows milk will work)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Peel and quarter a ripe avocado. Put all the ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!

*This recipe is perfect for two servings.

I have added a little banana for chocolate banana pudding as well, or try it with a little coarse sea salt on top or with a little orange zest adds a nice flavor.

I know it sounds weird but its really good
  • funkychickenbean
    Options
    Guacamole, at least how I make it based on how On the Border makes it:

3 ripe avocados
    1 diced tomato
    1/4c.chopped red onion
    1/4c. chopped fresh cilantro
    1 Tbsp lime juice
    Salt and Pepper to taste

I love to make this cold salad:

1 Can of chick peas
    1 avocado diced
    1/4c. chopped red onion
    Half diced tomato
    1/2c. frozen corn kernels
    2 tbsp EVOO

I've also used avocado as a spread on a lean turkey breast sandwich with whole wheat bread.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to cut an avocado in half, sprinkle lime juice on it, and chow down! It's incredibly good that way.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I eat a half of one every day (except today because the ones I just bought were too hard.) LOL I slice half up and put it on organic corn tortilla with some black beans, red hot chili pepper, and homemade salsa. Yum! I put it on vegan chili too.

I make a chocolate pudding with it for my kids, blend/food processed up with some raw cacao powder and real maple syrup, you can't even taste avocado, it just taste like rich chocolate pudding, it's pretty hefty on the calories though.
  • momtokx2
    momtokx2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Some people may think this is kind of weird but I've been doing it since I was little (I think we picked it up in Mexico when we were there for a trip). Mash up some avocado and put it on toast, squeeze some lime juice over top (not too much or you'll make the bread soggy. Yuck!) and sprinkle a little salt on top. YUM! I guess it would be a good alternative to butter but I never really thought about it, like I said, I've been doing this for years.
    Also, bake an egg in the center of an avocado. http://www.travelingspoonblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/eggvocado-baked-egg-in-avocado.html I tried it, a bit apprehensively, but it was really good! I have no idea what the calories would be so you may have to play with that a bit.
  • thescottishone
    thescottishone Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love avocados and use them all over the place. Last week we had hot pasta with chicken, cherri tomatoes, chilli oil or tobasco, avocado and baby spinach added just before serving. MMMMMmmmmmm

Or on their own with salt and pepper and sometimes some balsamic vinegar.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate milkshake out of them. Trust me..

I usually put half an avocado, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon or two of Stevia in the raw, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some ice in a blender.. you barely taste the avocado but have the thickest, creamiest chocolate shake imagineable for way less calories than a regular chocolate shake!

This ^^^^^
    Thanks I am going to make this I love Chocolate and also Avocados. I am trying to up my fat intake also since I am LCHF eating.