Any one else hungry and eat at night??

2»

Replies

• Yes. I would say I get 30% of my calories after I eat dinner. I think its because I busy during the day and don't have time to think about eating.

Exactly! Also, since I do that and end up eating less during the day, I end up being hungry all night. I've been trying to make myself have my dinner, then wait a half hour and then eat an apple or lots of grapes. I fill up on something healthy right after so I feel less hungry both physically and mentally.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    I find myself hungry and wake up and eat. GRRRR.
    Trying to not do that. Trying to change my patterns. Anyone else have this problem?

i agree with everyone else above that if you like to eat at night, eat at night as long as it fits onto your goals. I try to make sure I have a significant number of calories left, bc I like to eat at night. However, if you are waking up and heading to the kitchen for a snack while you still have sleep in your eyes, that's something to look at, and seems more like a habit than actual hunger. (I have definitely been there too)
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    I eat a large portion of m daily calories at night... I prefer eating at night. I do try to eat something with higher protein content init before i go to bed like cottage cheese or Greek yogurt or a hard boiled egg. ... Sometimes I wake up at 5 AM and am hungry. I will sometimes thrown a small power bar protein nugget in m mouth for 40 calories and go back to sleep. Eating is all a matter of preference... So, if you're really hungry,by all means eat!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Nope but extreme thirst in the middle of the night. I tend to wake up and drink at least a bottle of water every night. Maybe try more protein before you go to bed. Or if you just have to eat eat low calorie stuff and have calories in your plan for it.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    My night evening problem, when I have it, usually has more to do with boredom than hunger.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 194 Member
    If you're hungry, then eat. No need not to. Try water first, you may just be thirsty. No matter when you have a snack b/c you feel hungry, try to have something high in protein and/or fiber b/c people tend to lack these. Protein mainly. People seem to have a hard time getting that protein in. Drink a glass of water before bed too. Helps keep you hydrated at night.
  • I exercise late afternoon/evening, so my metabolism is in high gear around bed time, regardless of my protein & veggie filled dinner. I always have a yummy protein shake before bed (1/2 portion), or else I cannot sleep well. My protein shakes are #1 source of get-me-through-no-meal times of day. In my case, I blend high quality protein powder (Intek "Evolution" vanilla flavored) with 3/4 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 tbspns. of PB2 (powdered peanut butter, which is only 45 calories for this portion...YUMMY), and a few cubes of ice. I blend it and it tastes like a milkshake. Not only do I get all healthy ingredients, I go to sleep feeling totally satisfied.
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Sometimes I wake up at night and have what my husband calls a feeding frenzy... I rarely remember doing it... But the mess I leave in the kitchen is proof that I do ths.... It is very strange and really annoying!
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Do you eat enough during the day? I find if I skip a meal or ignore my appetite for too long I will usually be ravenous by the evening and then it's almost impossible to catch up with my appetite. If I space meals well though, I'm usually fine in the evening. If you're hungry before you go to bed, have a snack! If you don't have many calories left, or you've gone over, just have something low-cal but bulky like half a cucumber or like 3 stalks of celery and a glass of water.