Trim for Turkey Day now Trim for Valentines

Options
Hi All,
I just wanted to extend our "Trim for Turkey Day" thread for those of us who want/need to continue on, to have a goal for Valentine's Day.

My current weight: 194.5
My goal for Valentine's Day: 192

That may not seem ambitious, but give the holidays in-between, I would normally be fairly happy to maintain. So if I can lose 2.5 lbs instead, I'll be happy.

Let's make weigh-in day Thursdays again.

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Now that I think about it, Valentine's Day is actually closer than we think - where DOES the time go? Certainly not the same place our weight goes! :laugh:

I'd like to set a goal for myself to reach by then though.
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 191
    GOAL WEIGHT: 171

Thats 20 pounds in a little more than 2 months. Ambitious I know, but hey - THAT'S ME! When I first began this journey I lost 20 pounds in less time, so I know its achievable.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    oooh I'm in! I'm at 178 right now, wanna be at 170 by then. And you're right with the holidays it will be hard but hey you can do it! you can't use that as an excuse. if you want to eat a lot during the holidays then just double up on ur exercise, water intake, etc.

Hope we can do this!
  • Lisadaniel
    Lisadaniel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, checking in, I'm still up a pound from my fall "low" of 194. I need to try not to eat M&M's when I'm stressed (ya think?!).
    SW 198
    CW 195
    GW 192
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hi!

current weight: 146
    valentines goal weight: 140

we can do this :)
  • ImGoinDown
    Options
    I'm in, I'd like to lose 20 pounds by then.

SW: 176
    CW: 176
    GW: 155
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    I liked checking in before Thanksgiving so I want to continue to stay connected until Valentine's Day......thank you for getting this going.

SW January 2009 183
    CW 117
    Valentines GW 113

I think we're all smart to not have huge goals with the holidays looming.....maintaining through the holidays is a good goal.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sudzie for the link to the new thread!

Hi Barbie! Glad you found the thread as well! I had shoulder surgery. I plan to walk a little on the treadmill while recovering but I still have to wait until I'm off the painkillers since they make me really drowsy!

ok, i will check in today since I missed yesterday.

starting weight: 168
    current : 157
    what is it 9 weeks to VD? I'm sticking with 1 lb = 1 wk
    VD Goal: 148
    Ultimate goal: 145

Thanks, good luck everyone!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So Valentines Day is in a little over 9 weeks and my goal for Valentines Day is going to be 10lbs. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    CW -147
    VD Goal - 137
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I would Love to join... I haven't been on track since Thanksgiving and i have a deployment to go through in April and would love to get more weight off before my honey leaves...

CW: 153
    VD Goal : 138

15 pounds to lose by Valentines day.....

WHEN IS WEIGH IN???
  • akgrant
    Options

WHEN IS WEIGH IN???

Hi Tammietifane,

Weigh in is still on Thursdays. Good luck! Welcome back:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Im in if thats ok.

Currently 165
    Goal 150 by Valentines is 15 pounds and thats my halfway point!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Akgrant:

Thank you !!! I'll be weighing in on Thursday!!! Im hoping to see my numbers go down.... My scale hasn't moved in a while :(
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Im baking tonight with my family and we always end up eating and drinking while we bake... Im really hoping i'll have the will power to say no and stick with just water! My family is a big german family and they drink to everything and we eat non-stop and it's so hard to tell my grandma no thank you .. How can i explain to them that i can't eat chocolate and drink beer like they can...
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Im baking tonight with my family and we always end up eating and drinking while we bake... Im really hoping i'll have the will power to say no and stick with just water! My family is a big german family and they drink to everything and we eat non-stop and it's so hard to tell my grandma no thank you .. How can i explain to them that i can't eat chocolate and drink beer like they can...

Just say "no thank you" and don't try to explain yourself because no one will understand no matter what you say.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    thursday that means its weight in day!

its finals here, so i have been eating TERRIBLY. i have been keeping up with my workouts, but still i have gained a little - up at 148. However, I know it will be easy to get back to 146 its just going on from there that will be difficult since i have been stuck there for months.

the holidays are always rough, but i am joining a gym (two week trial!) while i am home with my sister and we are determined to exercise lots and eat well (as in, not every cookie we see)... my next goal is 144 by 1/8 and then 140 by valentines!

how are others coping with holiday food??
  • akgrant
    Options
    checking in:

SW: 168
    last week : 157
    CW : 155
    VD Goal: 148
    Ultimate goal: 145

down 2 lbs...wow...not eating much these days so I'm not too surprised. can't cook much with one arm in a sling! :laugh:

good luck everybody!:flowerforyou:

just noticed that I'm pass my midpoint!!! yeah me!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    :tongue: Starting Weight: 153
    CW: 154
    VD Goal : 138

Went up a pound ... Probably from water weight and eating cookies last night :tongue:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    SW January 2009 183
    weight 12/10/09 117
    CW 116
    Valentines GW 113

It continues to amaze me that I am still losing weight :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: sudzie, congrats on surviving finals.....joining a gym for the holidays is a great idea.......if you just keep reminding yourself of how much you want to lose weight it will be easier to say "no, thank you" to offered treats and choose wisely among holiday foods

:flowerforyou: akgrant, glad to hear from you...congrats on getting past your midpoint......how is your shoulder recovery going?....does it feel better? are you following doctor's directions?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: tammietifanie, keep on keeping on....you can win the cookie battle:laugh:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    BarbieCat:

You look amazing! I just looked at your photos and the one of you in the same sweater from before and after is just jaw dropping... I can't wait to post up pictures like that ... How do you keep yourself from wanting to go back to old habits and stay focus on getting fit?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    BarbieCat:

You look amazing! I just looked at your photos and the one of you in the same sweater from before and after is just jaw dropping... I can't wait to post up pictures like that ... How do you keep yourself from wanting to go back to old habits and stay focus on getting fit?
    Thank you for your kind words. I've been doing this one day at a time. every night I plan my food for the next day and whenever I have an event to go to I think ahead about whether I need to bring my own food, or what I can choose from what's available, or whether I should eat ahead of time and decline all the food. I decided at the beginning that I would seek recreation that didn't include eating. The longer I do this, the more I like the healthy food and exercising and the less interested I am in returning to eating stuff that has too much sugar and salt and too little nutrition.

Also, I'm a lot older than you are and have had a lot of false starts before I got to this place. I was thin in my early 20's then put on a bunch of weight, then thinned down again in my mid 30's then I met my hubby and we piled the pounds on together until last January.
    Barbie