Michael Clarke Duncan Dead of Heart Attack

Options

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Atherosclerosis affects all people who eat animal based foods, regardless of fitness level.

He was a vegetarian.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sad day for sure. :frown: :brokenheart: We really liked him. So dang young, just never know.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    He obviously kept up his workouts, because he was always so big. Like he would knock you out. This picture here I believe is is from back in May from an interview he did with PETA about being a vegetarian. I guess anything can happen, but most of us who do workout and adopt healthy lifestyles do so, so we don't end up dead of a heart attack at 54. But I guess you can't fight fate.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2012/05/11/watch-michael-clarke-duncan-talks-vegetarianism-with-peta/michael-clarke-duncan-peta/
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Oh no I loved him I knew he had a heart attack a few months ago but I thought he was o:cry: ut of the woods. So very sad
  • Gahummingbyrd
    Options
    What sad news. Only God knows.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You can appear to be perfectly healthy, and then a chunk of plaque breaks off and clogs everything. It's scary. My mom's entire artery was clogged with plaque and she was walking around with no idea. It was 90% clogged and the other arteries were making up for it. Had she not gotten an EKG (the doctor more or less suggested one at random) no one would have suspected a thing and she would have had a massive heart attack.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sorry for his friends, family and fans! It is ashame...smh
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Remember to LIVE EVERY DAY....we never know when our last day will be. :brokenheart:
    ^^ I love this! So Yes lets live like there's No Tomorrow! I am sorry also to hear this news. He was FANTASTIC in The Green Mile and I loved seeing him on Two and a Half men. RIP
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Oh no,that is sad news :(
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That is so sad. May he rest in peace.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    This is very sad news. :(
    Unfortunately no matter how healthy a person is, their ticket will come eventually.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    But sometimes news like this makes me feel like you can't fight fate. Just about everyone in my family is diabetic and have heart disease. They don't workout, they don't watch what they eat. I have always worked out and watched what I eat, but because of my family history I am high risk for heat disease and diabetes. It is a huge fear that I end up with these conditions, and if I do after my best efforts to live a fit and healthy lifestyle then I think I will feel like I wasted my time.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    But sometimes news like this makes me feel like you can't fight fate. Just about everyone in my family is diabetic and have heart disease. They don't workout, they don't watch what they eat. I have always worked out and watched what I eat, but because of my family history I am high risk for heat disease and diabetes. It is a huge fear that I end up with these conditions, and if I do after my best efforts to live a fit and healthy lifestyle then I think I will feel like I wasted my time.

Seems like a defeatist way to look at it. For all we know his healthy lifestyle gave him an extra 10 years.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Michael_Clarke_Duncan.jpg

:cry:
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    RIP. Favorite line: "Hey Harry, did NASA find oil on Uranus?!" - Armageddon
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this would be a hoax. Really sad news.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Atherosclerosis affects all people who eat animal based foods, regardless of fitness level.

He was a vegetarian.
    Towards the end. Still sad though. RIP Frankie Figs!!!!
  • TyFit08
    Options

Seems like a defeatist way to look at it. For all we know his healthy lifestyle gave him an extra 10 years.

You are right, he may have gotten an extra ten years. But if you worked your entire life to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle and still ended up having a heart attack or diabetes. You wouldn't be frustrated to be in the same predicament as those who didn't try at all. Wouldn't you feel at times when you were at the gym or counting calories, that maybe you could have just enjoyed life since you ended up in the same place as those who did. I don't know all about Michael Clarke Duncan's health or lifestyle. He looks like a bodybuilder to me and has been a vegetarian for some years now. I would be so mad if i gave up meat and had a heart attack anyway. I'm just saying. Being fit and healthy is a sacrifice, but we do it because we believe the outcome is worth it. But what if its not??
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Here is the difference for me:

When I had my TIA I was working out and eating healthy. My first thought was "This aint MY fault!" The doctor said the surgery could be done right then because of the state of my health

Cut to 2 years later, after going back to my old ways because.......well I did! I go in for a routine colonoscopy, they do an endoscopy because of some symptoms I had. They find a hiatel hernia and GERD. The FIRST thing I thought was "Crap, this could have been avoiced!!"

Then the doc comes in and I say "Why". To which he responds "Have you recently gained weight? Why? What do you eat? How often do you exercise?" Man, I have got to tell you I was very upset with myself.

I am back to the real me and loving every day. If or when anything else happens, I will know I did all I could.

As fro Mr Duncan, who knows what his real life was about? He may be bulked and muscular for when we see him, but maybe he wolfed down fried foods and junk, then leaned out for the shows. We have no idea really.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I read that he had became a vegan a few years ago and was talking about how much better he felt, like someone else said you never know if he had any other conditions that he might not even had know about. Thats why it pays to get regular checkups. He was a great actor, the green mile was my favorite movie of all time i know he will be missed by many.