Anyone in their 40's just starting out?

Options
13»

Replies

• charmainewinter
    Options
    I am 42 and though I think it is a bit harder (at least for me) to lose weight as quickly as I used to...I am still glad I am trying! Good for you!
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 and getting back into shape after 7 years of being overweight. I look forward to lifting weights and getting toned again. I have a friend who is 45 and she is a cross fit instructor and completely r.i.p.p.e.d.

40 is just a number. You are as "old" as you let yourself become.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just turned 48 in August.. I had a couple neck fusion surgeries that took a toll on me over the last couple of years. Gained some weight and was in the worst shape of my life. Back in July, I weighed more than I ever had in my life and I decided it was time to do something about it. I started with Insanity and made it through the first 5 weeks of it with 9 lbs lost and getting in good shape. However, the first day of Month 2, I messed up my knee and I've been on the mend since then. Still sticking with deit and doing what I can for cardio, and down 11.5 lbs so far, but having to be careful with the knee.. You are NEVER too old to get in shape, but that being said, also listen to your body and remember, it's not as young as it used to be and it doesn't heal as quick as it does. Push it, but don't hurt yourself (in the bad way.) If you take it small steps and work your way up to kicking some butt, you'll be fine. I wished I would have taken just a bit slower in the beginning so I wouldn't be taking it so slow now..
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    I turn 49 in a few months. My profile pic was from this past spring. So yes, you can still do it ;)
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My good friend turns 50 this year and in anticipation of that she started loosing weight. I watched her slowly change her habits for the better and loose weight. Sure, it may have taken her 4 months to loose 20 pounds, but those 4 months are going to happen whether your loosing weight or not.

She motivated me. Im 41 and have never thought of age as a limiting factor. I think what makes it harder at our age is that we are set in our ways. Ive had decades to form bad habits. I like thinking into the future of how I want to look and feel next year at this time. That's all I need to think about to stop me from falling back into bad habits. It may take some extra time as when I was in my 20's, but we are not getting any younger.

NO EXCUSES!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40. I have tons of health issues that I think will make it harder, but it can be done. :bigsmile:
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    but you all have made me realize I can do this this, thank you- each and everyone of you!!Xoxo

We know that you can do it!!! :glasses:
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I am 40. I am coming back from an illness. I lost too much weight from it. It didn't take long to get to a healthy weight again, obviously, but toning the flab has been a b1tch!

It is SSLLLOOOWWW, but it is getting there. Hold tight! It will all come for you! For me, I was more stoked about the rising energy levels!! lol

Everyone here is right; be patient, it will come!
  • bbaker172
    Options
    I turned 40 in January....that was a milestone for me. SO...I went to the Dr. and got a full body workup to make sure everything's ok...I stopped smoking, and started working out.

I don't want to be the weight I was when I was 20.....125lbs is way to skinny.

I want to be healthy! I want to be around for my grandbabies (if I ever have any).

I want to look good for me!

I want my self-confidence back.

I want to climb out of my shell and make new friends, go to lunch, go shopping etc.

I'm doing this for me! (besides the fact that I want to look good in a bikini again...I'm pushing for next year...lol)