230lbs - looking for people around the same weight to join s

Options
I'm looking for a small support group of people who are around the same age or weight as myself. We could weigh in every week on Mondays and track our progress. We could keep track of our exercise, have challenges and motivate each other!!

I really need to get back on track with this. i was going through some personal stuff for a while that got me off track - but i need to get motivated again!

I'm 22 years old, and I weighed myself yesterday at 234lbs

Replies

• pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I am in!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 25yo hovering around 235 this week. :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I don't really fit the description, but I wanted to offer some encouragement...

I'm 33 years old (metabolism STOPS after 30 :laugh: ..so good luck getting it off in your 20's) Anyway, last year in August, I weighed 246 lbs...
    Right now, I am at 211 lbs... NOT a huge success story, but I just want to let you know, you can do it... My goal is 135 ish, and I am steadily plodding along. I recommitted here on MFP at 230 lbs... and I was there for a while... I started a group on here called June Starters (it was in June when I recommited and we had a lot of other gals starting or recommitting in June).. Anyway, it was the motivation that I needed to kick my butt into gear... I have "fallen off the wagon" a couple of times, but I have always been encouraged to get up, dust myself off, and get going again....

You can do this!! So far, 19 lbs later, I am at 211 and can't wait to see what I can lose this week.... and I'm older and its harder to lose the older you get... So, please be encouraged that you can do this!! I am rooting for you :drinker:
    My mini goal is to get under that 200 lb mark...ONE-derland as it is called! Finally having a "1" in front when I weigh-in :laugh:
    Good luck on your endeavor!! Stay active!!! YOu can do it!!!
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I'm 26 I started at 225, but I'm down to 208 now.
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Me too? :flowerforyou: 29 years old, currently 204 lbs -- TIRED of being over 200.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say to you guys, GOOD LUCK on your weight loss journey!

i started at 218, and today i weighed in at 158, so if i can lose 60+ pounds, then you can too

:flowerforyou:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    thanks for the motovational stories guys, its great to see how people have been doing and how much they've lost!

i can't wait to be under 200lbs, its been quite a while! i have 2 kids, my son was born march 07, my daughter june 08. i've still got baby weight, plus some to lose, lol!

My 1st goal is to be under 200
    My 2nd is to be at pre baby weight - 189
    My 3rd goal is to be at 140

and then i'm going to see where i'm going from there lol!

so what is everyone doing exercise wise?

i just re-joined curves again yesterday. so i'm going to be going there 3 days a week, and then doing workout vids 3 days a week because its to cold to do anything outside lol
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    Ok - Pressica and erinm, where abouts are you guys weight wise? this way we have something to compare to next week!

TaraJ16 - 234
    pressica -
    jlb123 - 235
    sarahricks - 208
    erinm -
    fit_in_2010 - 204
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    where is everyone, lol?

we still need a couple weights so we have something to compare to next week!

since its already mid-week what are some personal challenges that everyone is trying to do this week?
    does anyone have any ideas for challenges for next week?

this week i'm challenging myself to get in my 8 glasses of water a day, and to have no cheat days lol!
  • erinm
    Options
    I think I am around 220. Haven't weighted myself for an exact number yet, but it is definitely right around there.
  • erinm
    Options
    My goal this week is to just really try to be on target with my caloric intake. I have been slightly over a few times, but staying within the range most of the time.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I just want to give those on this thread some encouragement. I am all too familiar with where you are. In April, I started out at 245 lbs. and joined MFP. I started walking, up to 28 miles a week, during the better weather, and watching my fat, sodium and calories, and eating healthy options, with a few treats along the way. I lost 27 lbs. in 18 weeks. On Nov 10, I entered the "Onederful Ones" (dropped below 200) As of yesterday, I have lost 50 lbs. :drinker: :drinker:

I have gone up and down over the years, following various "diets" and always ended up gaining it back. This time, I don't feel deprived and can continue eating this way indefinitely, as it is a "lifestyle"--NOT a diet.

Make good choices, take steps you can sustain, and you will get there. I haven't lost fast, but I have lost PERMANENT--and that is far more important!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!! You CAN do this!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Exercise-wise I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred; I'm on Level 1 Day 4 today. I feel like I want to add in some more cardio and stretching to my routine, though. I'd like to get in about 40 minutes of cardio on top of the 20 minutes of shreding, and maybe 10-15 minutes of yoga. Thinking of getting one of the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs, and I haven't looked into the yoga DVDs yet -- if anyone has suggestions, please let me know. :smile:

Personal goals this week... continue waking up early, continue with the exercise, continue fine-tuning the diet, increase my water intake to between 3-4 liters per day... and stay off the scale until weigh-in (I haven't weighed myself since last week... and with the Wii I'm tempted to do it every day, but I'm trying to be diligent and hoping for a pleasant surprise!)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    This week I'm also focusing on my water intake. I let it drop over the weekend and I want to get back on track drinking at least 80oz every day, preferably more. My other main goal is to get back in the swing of running. I had to take the week off last week due to my knees (oh the joys of running when you're 90 pounds overweight) and Monday was my first day back. I'm following the Couch25k program.

Another goal I have for this week that may sound crazy is to "shock" my metabolism this Friday or Saturday. :devil: I haven't even come close to eating over my allotted calories in over a month. Not even on Thanksgiving. My weight loss is slowing again and last time that happened I decided to try the metabolism "shock" theory and I ate a meal of delicious calorie-packed Mexican food. The next week, I dropped about 4 pounds and kept dropping 2-3 pounds a week for a few weeks after. Shocking my metabolism seems to work to keep me from plateauing and although it sounds easy enough to go over and eat 2000 calories in a day (although for me on a Saturday, that probably wouldn't even be going over my calories because I exercise so much), it's hard for me now since I'm so well trained to eat 1200-1300 each day. But, if Mexican food is what I have to do for my health, then I guess I'll just have to suffer through it. :tongue:
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    i was attempting the couch to 5k, but it was just to hard on my knees - i've had knee problems for like ever it seems. my dr suggested i lose a bit first and then try again.

i'm thinking maybe a challenge for next week: get out and run or walk for 30 mins 3 times a week. it can be a jog, run, speed walk, or even a casual walk. just get out and do one for 30 mins 3 days that week! what does everyone think?
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    this is the group I have been looking for :) Ineed more motivation tho I have been doing well, I have been looking for a group of support to weight in with once a week. I have been going at this deit an working out hard for the past 4 weeks and have been losing 3 to 4 pounds a week. I currently weigh 246 and I am 24 years old! I would love to join you guys, my motivation is joining the military when I hit my goal weight :)

first goal was to lose 20 pounds by christmas and I am 2 pounds away :)
    second I want to be down 40 pounds by April 1st
    Third I want to be down 60 by the summer!

my goal weight is 170 but will see from there!

as for working out I have been going for about a 4k walk everyday then gym for a hour and a half at night including spin bike, row machine, elliptical, and strength training machines, every other day I go swimming and do 40 laps!
  • erinm
    Options
    Keep up the great work everyone! I have been struggling with my weight over the last 3 1/2 years. Since that time I have put on 70 pounds. I went from doing marathons, 100 mile bike rides, and playing volleyball regularly, to barely being able to walk up the stairs without getting out of breath. I have been up and down motivation wise, and have always found it much easier to succeed when I have "teammates" and support. I think I have finally found it here with this group! Just hearing that there are others in the same boat facing the same struggles, and seeing that so many are reaching their goals and succeeding, I finally feel like I am the right spot and frame of mind to reach my goals!
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    welcome brandy! you've been doing awesome, keep up the great work!

i've gotten all my 8 glasses of water in today!! this is a big thing for me because i really don't like water, lol! I did a 30 min turbo jam vid, and then walked to curves (about a 10 min walk) did a 30 min workout and walked back home!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Hi, Bailey! :flowerforyou:

And hi all! How is every doing today?

I finished level 1 day 6 of 30 day shred today. I'm over halfway done with level 1 and 1/6 through the program! Woohoo! Tomorrow is my personal weigh-in day, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some improvement in the numbers (I haven't weighed since last Sat. and when I've done programs before I tended to weigh in every day... it's a little maddening not checking the scale!! :laugh: )

Have a great day, every one!

Edited: for typos!