5'3 or 5'4 ladies. What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• ClentsGEM
    Options
    Im about 5'3 and at 135 pounds or so. I would like to get down to 120 because before kids I was between 104-115. I wear a size 4 and my size probably wont change even with weight loss since my weight gain is all in my midsection. Good luck and stay motivated. If you are at a plateau try new classes or look in magazines to find new and interesting exercises. I am not having any success with losing weight, but I'll just keep trying.:smile:
  • ranobles
    ranobles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5"2 and weigh 130 and would love to weigh 120-122.
  • dmarhal
    dmarhal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 178 lbs and size 14. I hope to get to 140 and size 10.
    Later I'll reconsider. I'm 59 so I'm not seeking a Suzy Size 2 body.
    Just healthy and attaractive. I don't want a lot of loose fat hanging
    off my body either so I"m not rushing it. 1600 cals a day with 3-6
    workouts a week and strength training as a goal. You?
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", my lowest since highschool was 186 and size 12, my current goal is 185. overall goal is 145, not sure what size that ill be tho, been too long since i was that weight. Good Luck everyone!!!
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    According to charts I found, for 5'3", it should be approximately the following:

Small Frame: 111-124
    Medium Frame: 121-135
    Large Frame: 131-147

I guess I'd consider myself large-framed. Idk for sure- I haven't been at a healthy weight ever. My initial goal is 150 pounds. I'm 300 now and cannot imagine myself anything less than 150. Maybe that'll change when I get near it.

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think we all need to trust ourselves. For me, I haven't seen under 200 in a decade, so something like 150 sounds like a dream. A dream worth working towards, but for me to imagine myself in a size 5 wouldn't be fair to myself. Now imagining myself without having to shop in the plus size section, or without needing an elastic waistband to feel comfortable... that's enough for me. I think we all know what is right for us, when we really listen to ourselves. We don't need to push a model image, our best selves is enough:)
  • gissalm
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I was 180 lbs when I was in my 20's & i was size 12 which is not skinny but it was fine, i felt awesome and i look great, i looked slim.

my goal now is 160, and i'm guessing my size could be 9 ... i would love to be size 4 or 6 and 140 pounds but my bone structure is big, if I lose more weight i will be looking sick instead of healthy. I'm doing this to get healthy and feel good.

That might sound weird, but i just want to feel good and be healthy, once i accomplish that I think i will also look great :glasses:
  • brownfoxx
    brownfoxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 218
    Size: 16/18

Goal Weight: 150
    Goal Size: 6/8

I'm small-boned, but solid so I never look my size. So at 150 I'm in a 6/8 where some are in a 10/12.
    Hour glass shaped, very small waist (well, it used to be:).
    My goal is 150 because my daughters are both 120 and wear a size 2/3 so I need to keep my "womanly/motherly"
    curves, yet still be fit and healthy!
  • redwings1970
    Options
    I'm 5'3 weight 128 size 4. But they don't fit exactly how they did last year! My goal is to stay in a size 4 but comfortably! Lose about 10 lbs would be great. Will see..just started exercising 2 weeks ago.
  • moyan2012
    Options
    5'3.5, current weigh 130is, goal weigh 120, my biggest problem is my hip & thign. And i have a disorder eating, i eat a lot of junk food when i am under stress, I know it 's not a good habbit, and i'm trying hard to get rid of it.
  • um19
    um19 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh 135 and I finally wear a size 6 . My goal weight is to be 125 . Long ways to go !!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal weight for now is 160. I haven't been there at all in my adult life, so I would like to see what it feels like before I set a lower goal weight.
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im 5 4 and I started at 162. My goal is 130 probably. My waist jeans size will be back to a 27 without any bulges.
  • mazuka
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and would like to be at 138 which is the weight when I got married.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think we all need to trust ourselves. For me, I haven't seen under 200 in a decade, so something like 150 sounds like a dream. A dream worth working towards, but for me to imagine myself in a size 5 wouldn't be fair to myself. Now imagining myself without having to shop in the plus size section, or without needing an elastic waistband to feel comfortable... that's enough for me. I think we all know what is right for us, when we really listen to ourselves. We don't need to push a model image, our best selves is enough:)

I completely agree with you! I have not been below 180 as far as I know in my adult life. I have no idea what I weighed in college, but do know that I was not smaller than a size 18. Just before I got pregnant with my 2nd child I had lost down to 179, and was able to squeeze into a size 16 jean. I'm pretty sure that since my body shape changed with my first pregnancy that 179 is probably lower than I was in college. So, as far as I know, that is the lowest I've been in my adult life.

So, with that being said, I'm 5'4" and 140 is my tentative goal. I might be happy at 150. I might be happy at 130. I don't know what size my body will be when I get down to those weights. I just know I'll be thrilled if I'm too small to shop at Lane Bryant. In High Schoo I was a size 10 as a freshman and a 16, pushing into a 18 as a Senior. If I get down to a 12 I'll be super thrilled no matter what my weight will be. :)
  • butterflygurl89
    Options
    I'm 5"3. I want to get to around 120 lbs and size 5 jeans. I was there when I was around 17. I'm only 23 now so I don't think it's super unreasonable. Currently at 146.
  • karoumee
    Options
    Im 5'3..right now am at 122lbs..my goal weight would be around 110lbs...but im starting to think that might be too skinny..so i ll say 115-ish..:P

however, i ll maintain whenever im happy with what i see in the mirror...
    I have a lot of fat around my thighs..that's mainly why i still want to lose weight..
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4' and my goal is 175 -- two years ago when I lost my weight and exercised I was 175, wore size 10 and ran a half marathon did 3 tris! This is a good weight for me and looks and feels good. But if I don't eat on my food plan and exercise, I never keep the weight off. This is a plan for life for me, not a diet. I am 58 and am not (and never was) a skinny minnie. I have a lot of muscle from lifting weights and exercising, and size 10 feels right for me. Right now I am at 198 and wear size 14 pants and size 12 top. I think this thread really shows how we all wear our weight differently, and it must depend a lot on muscle mass too.
  • mad4671
    mad4671 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. current 164. Goal weight. 115. in size 12 want to be at size 4 - 5
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weight from 105-107 depending and wear a size 0/1.