bump
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've been reading some of the weight training posts on here and getting lots of good info. I've been concentrating on cardio and weight machines (along with diet, of course) for the past six months or so which have been great. I've lost about ~40 lbs, and am now close to my "ideal" weight (166 lbs, 5' 11"). But I'm ready to move on...

My main question right now is that Starting Strength and Strong Lifts 5x5 are very much based on a barbell, but I only have access to dumbbells in my work's gym. Due to the cost (free!) and convenience, I'd hate to have to join a new gym. Having one on-site really gives no excuses for missing a session. So is there a good strength program that focus on dumbbells??? Obviously, a 200+ lb squat with dumbbells is not going to be easy.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've been reading some of the weight training posts on here and getting lots of good info. I've been concentrating on cardio and weight machines (along with diet, of course) for the past six months or so which have been great. I've lost about ~40 lbs, and am now close to my "ideal" weight (166 lbs, 5' 11"). But I'm ready to move on...

My main question right now is that Starting Strength and Strong Lifts 5x5 are very much based on a barbell, but I only have access to dumbbells in my work's gym. Due to the cost (free!) and convenience, I'd hate to have to join a new gym. Having one on-site really gives no excuses for missing a session. So is there a good strength program that focus on dumbbells??? Obviously, a 200+ lb squat with dumbbells is not going to be easy.

This is a good routine that can be modified for dumbbells http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933
  • Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP to read later when i am more awake ;)
  • wanitah1
    wanitah1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    This is a good routine that can be modified for dumbbells http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933

Thanks! I'll go read it....
  • Kellylicious01
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thank you for posting!
  • dinoskycm
    Options
    bump
  • jodil68
    jodil68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    :smile: tyvm.. needed to reply to be able to find it again
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Thank you for the great information. It's very much appreciated as I just started weight training today.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Aljos
    Aljos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • gjsmommy