Your username -- how'd you come up with it?

Options

Replies

• Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I was big in the Psychobilly scene back in the day, and when I tried to sign up for an online community "Psychobilly" was already taken, so I went with "Siekobilly". Been using this name for about a decade now.
  • Vinyarddog
    Options
    My username started with me in University (back in the early 80s) everyone had a "Yard Dog" nickname , mine stuck.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    B + = BE POSITIVE
  • sunkistmommy
    Options
    sunkistmommy has been with me since my son was born 10 years ago. I have red hair and a few sprinklings of freckles across my nose but otherwise I tan very well (grew up in central Florida!) so my husband started calling me that..... kind of stuck!
  • sunkistmommy
    Options
    love it!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The LoyalAngel part I created several years ago as a gaming name, which came from the meaning of my real name Veronica. Veronica means Mirror image which is from the bible. I used the thesaurus until I came up with something I liked. And the 16 is because I was born November 16th.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm a CALIFORNIA GIRL! Through and through. My Karuk Indian heritage here goes back 6 generations. :)

My story here- - -> http://www.venusindex.com/roberta-saums-venus-index-transformation/

I did have dark brown Indian hair when I was young, LOL, but I'm over 50 now so I cheat! :)
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    Mine is my first and middle name spelled backwards. Ashley Michelle :)
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    SINNER was already taken.. so I added the 1 & 3 and that was not.

I iz creative LOL. :bigsmile:
  • willowdancer
    Options
    I have used the screen name 'willowdancer' ever since freshman year in high school. When my dad died I moved to Texas and lived in a really terrible situation with one of my extended family whom I had not seen in 11 years. There was a willow tree in the back yard that I would go and sit under and read and relax; it was one of the few places of solace I had there. The tree had a really awesome trunk; it was bent and twisted to where it looked like it was dancing; one of the bends was the hips and then the branches split into arms and a branch for the head that had a knurl on it that was like a face. It was also during this point in my life that I discovered belly dance and used that as a big stress reliever; I could take anything all day, all week, all month sometimes and keep it bottled up, but when I would go to drum jams and dance around a fire all of that pent up shame and betrayed trust and anger and frustration at the world and at myself would pour out and leave me. So the name willowdancer is very significant and special to me; it represents a rough time in my life that I survived and turned into a major character builder.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i've always had a varying amount of cats, anywhere from 3 to 5, and they are always the shelter rejects, usually hyper, overly nosy, helpful, wild cats (i could probably charge admission to my house, it's a bit like a circus sometimes) and my mom asked me why do you always have to pick the "special" ones? So specialkitty was born. I had to add the 7 since specialkitty was taken. It's both my favorite number, and my dalmatian's name.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It's my XBOX gamertag :0)
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Kit was a nickname given to me by one of my best friends in high school and it stuck, 88 is the year I was born and 06 was the year I graduated.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I came to MFP in the first place to find a site where I could keep my blog and profile private, thanks to my boyfriend's ex stalking me online and in person. I chose my username because I am rising above the negativity and hostility (and outright craziness) of people like her to become a better person and won't let her or anyone else stop me.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First two letter of first name and last name coupled with some numbers. Looked cool to me. :happy:
  • bottay
    bottay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine came from when i worked in a cafe, i was around 7stone but still had a booty (because of my arched back)and my boss called me Bottay..then all the staff started calling me it and their friends, and then it just stuck! So its been my nickname for yonks lol and i doubt i'll ever lose it...or my booty :P:tongue:

3830889.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My first name and my college email. I've used the combination ever since
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    When i joined MFP i was initially secretive about my weight loss (no one can know u failed if they dont know you tried) so i didn't use my name or any nicknames and decided to go for something vague. So i went with darkskinned and my birth year 1988...i kinda wanna change it but since MFP only allows one change idk if i can make such a commitment
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Some friends were talking about cupcakes, and I said I just want someone to call me Cupcake, damn it! A couple of friends were getting ready to change their usernames, and I thought maybe it was time for me to, also, and this sounded like a good one. I thought people would think it was dumb, but I get comments on it all the time.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It has been my nickname since birth.