• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I don't measure my fluid intake, I don't really see the point

I just stay hydrated throughout the day as best as I can living in a desert
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many people count ONLY plain water toward their intake...

Now I don't count caffeinated beverages, however I do count everything else (minus alcohol).

http://www.joybauer.com/newsletter/What-Counts-Toward-Your-Daily-Water-Intake.aspx?xid=nl_JoyBauersDaily..
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting water a long time ago. My body has a very clear signal to let me know if I'd drinking enough water.

If my urine is clear or pale yellow and transparent (no sign of cloudiness) and dissolves readily in water, I'm good.

If it's bright yellow or darker, appears cloudy, or does not immediately and readily dissolve in water, I need to drink more in proportion to the variance from above.

For me, that's somewhere around 8-10 glasses of fluids, and I don't discriminate too much - I use mostly water because it's the cheapest and most readily available liquid most times.
  • javagsd
    Options
    nothing with caffeine because it's dehydrating. Just water, Crystal Light, herbal tea
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    I only log actual water as water. If I have caloried drinks, I just add to the meal I have them with or as a snack. Don't cheat yourself counting coffees and teas, since they dehydrate you actually...
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee, coke, anything not solid, or soup.
    I only log actual water as water. If I have caloried drinks, I just add to the meal I have them with or as a snack. Don't cheat yourself counting coffees and teas, since they dehydrate you actually...
    Sorry but not true, even water will dehydrate you actually...
    A diuretic is anything that elevates the rate of urination. So water make you go potty more: ergo it is a diuretic
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Because I'm OCD I only could water as water, but from what I understand any liquid 'counts' towards your fluid intake (i.e. coffee, tea, juice, soda, and water from fruits/veggies, etc.) so long as it doesn't contain alcohol.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Simple, plain water. If you add anything else to your water its not really just water.

Please explain, with science, how adding "anything" to water changes the chemical composition of it.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I only count water as water.
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count coffee or tea (unless it is herbal tea) as water because they are actually dehydrating and will require you to need additional water.
    So you're suggesting that drinking coffee not only contributes nothing but actually subtracts from your water balance ? Science does not agree with you. Welcome to the mythology zone.

^^This.

That being said, I usually only log water as water. Like someone else mentioned, if it has calories I log it as food, and since I take milk in my coffee or tea I log them as food.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    water, water with lemon, or water with fruit like 1/4 cup some frozen blueberries floating around. I drink about 15-18 8oz serving of water a day. nothing else counts like hot or cold unsweetened tea, coffee, crystal light, or vitamin waters/sobe waters. all those things get logged as a part of a meal or snack.

You mean YOU don't count anything else... because I can find enough proof out there that more than just water counts toward your daily intake necessary for hydration.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Water and only water.
  • hhannieh
    hhannieh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just water.:wink:
  • 4newtsmom
    4newtsmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Only water. I do use crystal lite, but I use one pack per 64 oz, because they are WAY to strong with diluting them.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Anything that contains H20 will hydrate you, with the possible exception of, like, milk of magnesia.

That means fruit, vegetables, most any food really... Diet soda, coffee, tea, those all hydrate you.

Overhydrating is as much of a problem as dehydtration.

no
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    water. just water. anything else is not water.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Water
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Water, sparkling water, and lifewater...i get about 8-10 cups of regular water regardless
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I dont track it as I am pretty consistent with my fluid intake and show no signs of dehydtration. However, everything the OP has listed can be counted towards fluid intake.
  • viktoriaakills
    Options
    I log the water I consume. If it's coffee, it's still water. I log the coffee as a food, but log the water as water. Same with teas or anything else I add to my water