Mean people at a fresno subway

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
My son and daughter had a gift certificate for Subway. I took them there to grab them lunch. My daughter wanted chips and milk. She wanted the sun chips. I told her that it was fine. When they finished making their sandwiches, the lady asked if these would be meals. I told her yes and that the kids meal would be with chips and I would pay the difference in price if needed. Do you know that lady had the nerve to tell me that,
"We do not sell fat kid meals, we sell fit meals for the kids." and I said that I wanted to have the chips too. She then told me that, "If you feed your daughter the chips, she will be fat and look like you."
I lost it. I asked for the manager, and she was the manager. I took the food that they made, and tossed it back to her and told her she could take it and shove it up her a@@. I took the number of the corporate office. They will be getting a call from me on Monday morning. We went down the street to another subway and they took great care of us.
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad.:explode: :explode: :explode:

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    My son and daughter had a gift certificate for Subway. I took them there to grab them lunch. My daughter wanted chips and milk. She wanted the sun chips. I told her that it was fine. When they finished making their sandwiches, the lady asked if these would be meals. I told her yes and that the kids meal would be with chips and I would pay the difference in price if needed. Do you know that lady had the nerve to tell me that,
    "We do not sell fat kid meals, we sell fit meals for the kids." and I said that I wanted to have the chips too. She then told me that, "If you feed your daughter the chips, she will be fat and look like you."
    I lost it. I asked for the manager, and she was the manager. I took the food that they made, and tossed it back to her and told her she could take it and shove it up her a@@. I took the number of the corporate office. They will be getting a call from me on Monday morning. We went down the street to another subway and they took great care of us.
    I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad.:explode: :explode: :explode:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I don't even know how to respond to that. I would have done what you did too.

She obviously has no respect.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That was a terribly uncalled for attitude on her part. I hope you do call and have them do something.

Go Gettum!!!!!

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. Including kids.
  • R0iB0i26
    R0iB0i26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OMG How mean :cry:
    I would have done the same thing...
    Especially if it's infront of your kids

Shame on them...I hope you Report them or something

I feel so sorry for you :frown:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is beyond rude. I wonder if that particular subway is a franchise. You might be able to talk to the owner. There are some people who should not be allowed to work in a customer service industry.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    What the h3!!!!!!???!?!?!?
    That... lady had some darn nerves!!!
    I would have grab her by the neck and flung her across the restaurant.
    That was unfriggin called for.
    How can people have the b@!!s to say things like that???
    I am so highly upset Renee and I cannot imagine how you felt.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lowsam
    lowsam Posts: 21
    Options
    What a horrible thing to say! Seriously, where do these people come from???

You should definatly phone their head office. Absolutly ridiculous.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    WOW . cannot believe it

In front of the kids too !!!

Let us know what they say at corporate office.

Good on you for sticking up for yourself !

may
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is unreal!! Wow! I am sorry you had to experience yet another RUDE person in the world. Amazing how many of them are.

You should have said "I may be overweight, but I am doing something about it and will be HOT...you are UGLY, inside and out!! What can YOU do??? LOL!

I imagine corporate will do something about it. Sorry again!

Tami
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is unreal!! Wow! I am sorry you had to experience yet another RUDE person in the world. Amazing how many of them are.

You should have said "I may be overweight, but I am doing something about it and will be HOT...you are UGLY, inside and out!! What can YOU do??? LOL!

I imagine corporate will do something about it. Sorry again!

Tami
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    She is the :devil: Where is a tape recorder when you need one:glasses: Hope you get results from your call come Monday.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    She actually said that? I hear Job loss!

dd
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I cant believe the nerve of some people :mad: I would never say something like that...ever. Dont feel bad because of what one jerk says. She doesn't know you, your family or anything else that matters. I am glad you stood up for yourself, a place like that doesn't deserve your buisness.
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    OMG! How unbelievably RUDE!!!! :noway:
    I have never heard anything like it!!! I hope she gets her comeuppence!
    Let us know how you get on!

Amanda :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Thanks all. I just got back from there. I had a long talk the owner. He is the managers husband. I got store number and the owners name. I am turning it all in on Monday. The owner said that his wife doesn't understand english very well and I probably miss understood her. HA HA I said. I know when someone calls me fat. I understood her just fine. I also told him is she cannot understand or communicate correctly, then maybe she should not work with customers.
    He offered me $20.00 gift card. I refussed and told him that I would never come back to this store and I would recommend that he got his wife some english lessons.
    I feel a bit better. My husband told me to relax and he will go in Sunday and talk to them. I made him promise NO FISTS!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    RUDE! :noway: :noway: If her english isn't that good then her husband shouldn't have her working as the manager in the store, or in the store at all from what your experience was.

Let some steam off and write a calm, cool and collected letter to corporate. Since it is a franchise there isn't a lot of action that will take place but when enough complaints do come in the corporation will usually (if it cares for it's reputation at all) buy the owner out and take the store over or sell it to another franchisee.

Sorry that all that was said in front of your kids, I might be overweight but my kids are healthy, they eat healthy and I don't know that I would have handled that situation as well as you did except for the fact that if my kids were there I would have to show them how to be the bigger person (no pun intended..lol). Maybe some flat tires...ha ha ha :laugh:
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    No fists? I'd make him promise to knock their freakin running lights out!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    You handled it much better than I would. They would've had to call the police on me! So sorry you were treated that way.:frown:
  • mugs_d
    mugs_d Posts: 13
    Options
    I may not be from Fresno or America for that matter, but I worked in retail long enough to know that that person should not be working in customer service OR BE A MANAGER !!!! You have every right to be upset, and I agree you handled it much better than I would. People should not be allowed to treat others that way. What a...B.....

Good Luck!!!!! STAY MOTIVATED :flowerforyou:
  • madkat67
    madkat67 Posts: 32
    Options
    My goodness! I can't believe the nerve of that lady! Corporate will surely take care of you - if not, call Jared (the guy who lost weight eating at Subway)...
    Better yet, call the local news channel - the news channel in my area has an "on your side" segment where they show how some people and companies mistreat their customers.
    Oh, and this just occurred to me - call the local food inspector and tell them you suspect that the Subway has unhealthy food prep practices. If it's anything like ours, they'll be in that week and go through their place with a fine toothed comb. And, for an added bonus, their investigation will probably be reported in the local paper.
    Good luck and let us know how you make out....
    Madkat67