What posesses people to act the way they do...

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
So one of my many jobs, is to answer a hotline on our vehicles.

Company I work for is actually based out of Japan. Happens to employ THOUSANDS of americans.
I have this woman today...

She called the line, and cursed me out. Asking why "our drivers we're driving around in America in Jap junk".

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I drive a truck made right in here america...North America...ok it was made in mexico...
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    I drive a truck made right in here america...North America...ok it was made in mexico...
    Point is, why on earth would somebody call a hotline and cuss some woman out because a JAPANESE business was driving Japanese cars?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have often wondered the same thing. Seems people feel more and more entitled these days and if things don't go their way, they act like fools.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    True story I shall share with you. This very educated looking black girl that I have never met in my life randomly walked up to me and went "you look black but you aint. You is arab" (I'm neither for the curious minds).

I just said "you look educated but you aint. You is stupid"

Point: people will always find ways to say dumb things
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Get out of here!!! YOU are REPEATING that Stuff to THE WORLD...YOU are worse than she is to Me.

ETA: So what is this Thread about: Say DUMB RACIST Stuff under the "Guise" of "They Said"..BUT actually YOU Said!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I blame the media.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    She was actually angrier when I told her how many Americans this company employs. hahaha
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    GM vehicles are made in Canada and Mexico but get to say they're made in America because of NAFTA.

I see certificates of origin for GM vehicles all the time. Mostly made in Mexico.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    People can be downright obnoxious and rude. After waitressing for 6 years I can attest to this fact. Everyone should be forced to work in customer service for at least a month to understand why being an a-hole to a complete stranger trying to help you is WRONG.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Point is, why on earth would somebody call a hotline and cuss some woman out because a JAPANESE business was driving Japanese cars?

Hotlines and call centres are crazy people magnets!!! Worked in call centres for over 10 years. People are crazy!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    haha, I happen to own two Altima's and love my Jap junk!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I blame India. Any time I have to call a customer care hotline...I am automatically pissed off because I think I'm going to get some freaking call center in India. I am getting pissed off now as I type on this muthafuggin piece of crap keyboard. FACK!!!!!!
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    Well, I happen to drive a mitsubishi car. It is well built and I enjoy it. Mitsubishi have been making quality vehicles since the 1930's (they were airplanes at the time... and used against the USA in the 1940's... but still...)
  • taunto
    Options
    GM vehicles are made in Canada and Mexico but get to say they're made in America because of NAFTA.

I see certificates of origin for GM vehicles all the time. Mostly made in Mexico.

It's funny to me how most of the "foreign" cars are more made in America than most "American" cars
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    People can be downright obnoxious and rude. After waitressing for 6 years I can attest to this fact. Everyone should be forced to work in customer service for at least a month to understand why being an a-hole to a complete stranger trying to help you is WRONG.

HAHAH I completely agree!!! I was a waitress for about 10 years and people can be downright rude for absolutely no reason.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Get out of here!!! YOU are REPEATING that Stuff to THE WORLD...YOU are worse than she is to Me.

ETA: So what is this Thread about: Say DUMB RACIST Stuff under the "Guise" of "They Said"..BUT actually YOU Said!

Who pissed in your Cheerios?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

What was your first clue? :>

taco_truck-1265214243.gif
  • oregonzoo
    Options

I'd never in my life say anything like what she said. I'm sorry.. who are you?
    I felt it interesting how rude and ignorant people are, and somehow I'm in the wrong. Pretty sure anybody who knows me on here, knows that isn't how I feel.
    Sheesh.
  • taunto
    Options

The only thing Racist about this post is that you thought it was racist.

1722S.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Caught a glimpse of yourself in that post, didn't ya? Must be awesome to be sooo much better than everyone else!