What time do you get up to exercise?

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:30 on work days, bedtime can be anywhere between 9 and midnight.
  • Years ago when my boyfriend an moved I first got a place together we would get up at 4:30 am to have breakfast, walk the dog for an hour then do a P90X video before going to work. Walk the dog after work and get into bed by 8-830pm. We are slowly getting back into that routine again. Our biggest motovation the first time was our dog was a pup and she NEEDED to be taken out that early and over the years we got lazy. However, in a couple of months we will be fostering a couple of pups so hopefully this time we will be able to stick to the early mornings.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many times to get up and exercise in the morning but I hate it. I have zero energy through my workout and then I'm exhausted all day at work. I need to be able to be alert and focused at work (and I have to be here at 7:30am) so I find that working out as soon as I get home works best for me. I sit at a desk all day so I look forward to my workout afterwards to get the blood pumping. I'm still jealous of all your morning people though!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I wake up about 7am to get ready for the school run and pass out with a skin-full of red wine sometime after midnight.

I guess exercise happens somewhere in-between ...
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    In bed by 830-9 and up at 3:50 for the morning run. On days I dont run, I sleep till 5:00 and go to the gym after work.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's difficult since I am in school and have two kids waking up at all hours. On the weekend when I do my long runs I will go between 6:30 and 7am. I try to be in bed by 9 or 10. During the week I try to make sure I am getting enough sleep. I'll also work out at night, lunch, and in the morning (around 7am).
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I tried, but don't like working out in the a.m. I'm not a morning person. So, I get up about 6:30 a.m, workout after work around 5 p.m. and hit the sack around 11 - 11:30 p.m.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:15 am to workout....in bed by 10-10:30 (usually asleep on the couch before that!)
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Up by 415 to start working out around 430~440. In bed by 9.
  • lilredq
    lilredq Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a night owl... its genetic, my mom is 55 and stays up until 2 am most days and gets up and out of the house by 8am.

In college, I would regularly wake up around 4:30am and hit the trail behind my apartment and run/hike with my dog. :noway: not sure how I managed that with the social calendar and all-nighter sessions at the library.

After graduating, I cant seem to get enough sleep! on days off I'll sleep in, do a little work around the house and take a nap (few several hours), make dinner and get to sleep no later than midnight! (thats about 16 hours of sleep.... so gross)

NOT ANY MORE! I started today, I am in bed by 9:30p (I take a while to fall asleep) and up at 5am! In the gym by 6am and cleaned up and at work (which is down the block from the gym) by 8am (though I am not expected to be there until about 8:30a).

My trick: As soon as I get home from work I:
    -unload the gym bag
    -pack work clothes for tomorrow
    -lay out workout clothes for the morning in my bathroom
    -clean out the bender-ball cup, reload the 2oz tupperwares for (vega energizer, vega nutritional, and vega sport restore) shake powders.
    -pack powders, oatmeal and lunch/snacks in ziplock and put in my purse

I get off work at 5, get home by 6, power through the prep above and have dinner ready by 7:15. I get about 2 hours of TV time... I love TV! I let the dogs out, vacuum the floors/chores and get ready for bed around 9:15.

Sure, not the most exciting thing in the world to have every minute of the day accounted for... but structure helps you meet your goals. I am too ADD to arbitrarily plan to accomplish x, y and z in any given day. I need to know that if i haven't done y by hour a it wont happen... so that cures my procrastination issues.

I love my PocketInformant PRO app...:heart: i can set tasks to ding for each one of these so I check them off and they reload for tomorrow. great help for getting into a new routine and putting my mind to ease that I haven't forgotten a vital step.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I've tried so many times to get up and exercise in the morning but I hate it. I have zero energy through my workout and then I'm exhausted all day at work. I need to be able to be alert and focused at work (and I have to be here at 7:30am) so I find that working out as soon as I get home works best for me. I sit at a desk all day so I look forward to my workout afterwards to get the blood pumping. I'm still jealous of all your morning people though!

this is my life! haha.
  • Tara_Janel
    Options
    I get up around 7-8am with my kids. Workout at 11am when baby naps in bed by 10-11.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5am
  • morenaguapa
    morenaguapa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:30-at the gym by 4:45. I'm in the bed at 9:30.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the gym every morning at 5:30. I admire him for that. I go around 10 in the morning after my son has started school. We are usually in bed by 10pm.
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Yuck, most people have schedules I'd never pull off.
    I get up about 7 or 7:30am then work out for either 30mins or an hour.
    In bed usually between 11 and midnight.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I *could* get up ultra-early to go work out, but i have a very poor sleeper. Im just too tired.

I manage to get to the gym either early afternoon or i wait till around 7pm. Bedtime varies, due to the poor sleeper.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Usually at 5am.
    I go to bed at 10pm, read a little bit and then fall asleep
  • smiles4support
    Options
    M-F I wake up at 3:30 am , gym opens @4:15 in bed btwn 9-10..it's harder to get up or stay up as long when Friday rolls around...
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Im rarely in bed before midnight. I workout after work. I do not have the option of morning workouts bcoz i have a 2 year old and husband works shifts