What's your Weight Loss Secret Weapon?

Options

Replies

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices. Or Celery. I can munch on near-zero-calorie snacks ALL DAY & it won't hurt my success.

I feel like I'm snacking... but they're essentially no calories. And I like them too :) When I get sick of celery every day, I swap out for cucumber, & in a week or so I switch back.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    my secret weapon?

FOOD!

lol I don't deny myself it. Even if its 10pm.

and WEIGHTS.
  • kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Keep the end goal in mind. Not just a number on the scale, but what you really really want. In my case, smaller clothes,no belly flab and people around me not recognizing me.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Knowing Why I want to lose weight and staying focused on the reason. Making decisions that bring me closer to my goal
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Having a home gym!!!
  • Jester522
    Options
    my secret weapon?

FOOD!

lol I don't deny myself it. Even if its 10pm.

and WEIGHTS.

Also this!!!!
  • LarsyRagnhild
    LarsyRagnhild Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Diarising every day. Being mindful about what and how I eat...
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Premade meals taught me portion size. I still have one every few days just to remind myself. I want to buy smaller dishes, but we haven't the cash for it yet.

Water, water everywhere, and constantly I drink! (giggle) Seriously. I write from home, and there's a 32 ounce glass of water at my left hand, and I just sip on that all the time. I use Mio flavorings now and then to change it up.

Free days. I can eat whatever I want one day a week, no matter what it is, and I only have to wait six days at the most for it.

Sensible indulgences. Ice cream is a little prepackaged tub. Chocolate is a single truffle to be savored. At that size, it can be worked into the overall daily calorie count without too much trauma.

A goal. A custom made burgundy silk overbust corset with black Valenciennes lace is waiting for me at 160 pounds, and I so very much want that pretty thing.
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't go to sleep FULL or even satisfied. Go to sleep not having eaten in 2-3 hours. Ate a big/heavy dinner? Go for a walk (or jog/run.) Starting to feel the beginning of hunger? Drink a glass of water and go to bed! (2nd big secret: LOTS OF SLEEP!)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Portion CONTROL! All food made by me, so I know whats in it and how much is in there.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The mirror. It simultaneously inspires me with how far I've come and motivates me with how far I have yet to go.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I often start snacking when I am bored, so then I go for a walk instead.

90% homemade food.
  • llsand
    Options
    Food: Make you own meals, lots of natural protein and water -> lots of it

Exercise: Cardio first (to get your heart rate up and help your body burn a max of fat) weights after (to strengthen and tone)
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Eating a clean and pretty high protein diet...keeps me feeling full and satisfied...also, carb cycling when I hit a plateau
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Perseverance!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Green tea and Chia seeds.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    When i want to eat something either not healthy or more than I should be I quick put my workout shoes on and get out the door (bike ride, walk, run) or jump into a workout dvd.... I don't think just instantly do it! that way i am getting my mind off of the food and a bonus, when I get back from my workout I have more motivation to eat healthy!

the HARDEST part of doing this tho is to literally drop everything your doing and GET OUT THE DOOR!! :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Determination and drive.

This
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Willpower & the ability to break habits instantly.
  • Snuffle0107
    Options
    All things in moderation! Don't be a slave to calorie counting (works for me).