How do you guys drink water?

Options
I used to not drink water at all - or very little, perhaps a cup a day - I would just drink strawberry/chocolate milk as as a substitute for water, or sweet tea, or some sort of soda - and I'm glad I stopped! Gosh, think of all that sugar, it was very unhealthy.

Now, I generally drink one bottle of water (approx. two cups) throughout school, and then come home and drink another two before I exercise, and spread the rest out afterwards while I study and stuff.

But sometimes it feels kinda...icky to drink so much water, if you know what I mean. xD (That's probably because I drink whole cups at a time.)

Also when I go on the scale after drinking water I gain like 4 pounds for no reason.

So how do you guys drink water? Spread it out through the whole day? Take big gulps at once?

Replies

• JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I always have water throughout the whole day...a bottle, a cup whatever...I drink it ALL the time.

When I get up in the morning I chug a glass, it feels great, almost (I said almost) as good as coffee to wake me up! Before or after a meal I chug a glass....water is my taste-less friend :)

The sloshy feeling of drinking too much water will lessen with time. once your body gets used to all that hydration. :drinker:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I usually drink mine out of a glass.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    its super easy you just get a cup fill it with water put it to your mouth and drink it.. tad dah
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Filtered in a pitcher, filter changed as soon as the little light turns yellow. Cold with lots of ice. I carry a reusable bottle with me almost everywhere I go. Once you start drinking more, you realize how much you need it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    its super easy you just get a cup fill it with water put it to your mouth and drink it.. tad dah

I was going to say something like that. Love sarcastic remarks :D:D
  • Cullenbraille
    Cullenbraille Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink a big glass in the morning and before each meal. In the morning is the hardest! There are lots of unsweetened flavored green, black, or white teas out there if you are looking to increase your liquid intake and need something other than water.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I used to not drink water at all - or very little, perhaps a cup a day - I would just drink strawberry/chocolate milk as as a substitute for water, or sweet tea, or some sort of soda - and I'm glad I stopped! Gosh, think of all that sugar, it was very unhealthy.

Now, I generally drink one bottle of water (approx. two cups) throughout school, and then come home and drink another two before I exercise, and spread the rest out afterwards while I study and stuff.

But sometimes it feels kinda...icky to drink so much water, if you know what I mean. xD (That's probably because I drink whole cups at a time.)

Also when I go on the scale after drinking water I gain like 4 pounds for no reason.

So how do you guys drink water? Spread it out through the whole day? Take big gulps at once?

I bought one of those bpa free portable cups and fill it with lots of ice and water and sip it during the day, I try to drink 2 full glasses of water after I wake up in the morning because I feel dehydrated anyway.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    All throughout the day.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 12-16 cups of water a day and felt excellent about it.
    This sounds terrible (and lazy) but my water bottle doesn't fit into the sink we use in our dorms...so I've gone down to one cup a day at most.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I drink mine all throughout the day. I used to never drink water - only diet Pepsi or diet Sundrop. Now I drink mainly water, with one or two sodas throughout the week. It took me a little while getting there, but now I can tell when I haven't had enough right away. Maybe try drinking throughout the day instead of a lot at one time
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I need Mio to make my water intake more tolerable. Only straight water while I work out.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    wasn't a huge water drinker until i started mfp. now i drink a gallon a day. one of the things i found helpful was playing with the temperature of the water i drink. for me, room temperature is the easiest to drink. even in summer, it was always room temperature. i also found a glass that held about twice a regular glass. i drink out of that. it is my water cup. i try to get two glasses (one of my big glasses) in at breakfast before i go to work, then two to three of my big glasses while i work. and another two or so after work. some nights i will wake up to pee, but that doesn't bother me. i pee clear almost all the time. my body now craves water. i can tell when i haven't had enough, or when i have.

i buy a gallon of water a day. it costs me $1.59. i figure i would spend that much on soda, or a beer or two, if i weren't drinking the soda, so the price doesn't bother me.

find what works for you. as you up your intake, you will use the bathroom all the time, but your body adjusts to it. i usually up mine when on vacation or at least off from work. my coworkers usually laugh when they see me carrying my gallon in to work. and practically fall over when i tell them i will drink it all before i go to bed.

good luck.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water in the form of diet pepsi.... lol

outside of that.. I drink it from a water bottle or glass... dont chug it all at once and you wont feel 'icky'..... just sip on it throughout the day.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    THE OTHER DRINKS DO NOT COUNT AS WATER...:huh: i drink water at least 8 glasses :drinker: through out the day
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Yep. This.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ice cold through a straw..I don't know why but I drink more when I use a straw
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    THE OTHER DRINKS DO NOT COUNT AS WATER...:huh: i drink water at least 8 glasses :drinker: through out the day
    Unless you're aware of some new research that says your body can't use the water content of most beverages, please stop spreading false information.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ People are scrooges...geez....you know what she meant; you just wanted to be included - right?!? :wink:

I agree....I only count plain water as my water intake...the rest of those drinks are slammed with sugar and other crap you don't need. Water plain old water....that is all.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I usually take a empty water bottle and fill it up. Drink. Pretty easy.

Jokes aside... Start small and work your way up. You are pretty much drinking a liter of water a day. Next week, set a goal to drink 2 liters a day. That's double what you are already doing. Sure, some days you may have to pee more than usual. Your body will adjust. Spread it out. Don't drink it all at once unless you are really thirsty. Do that for 2 weeks until you are ready to set another goal; 3 liters.

I think you will be very surprised when you start drinking more water. When at work, I drink 3-4 liters. When I was on vacation last week, I may have drank 1 liter or less a day. I can't really explain why, but I was craving water more than ever. Your body just gets into a routine.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Shaken not stirred.

In all seriousness, just plain or with a slice of fruit in it. Oranges, lemons, limes and strawberries are all yummy choices. I have a 32oz water bottle that I always keep on hand and just sip from it all the time. It's very easy for me to surpass the minimum 64oz. Almost done with my third bottle full.