How do you guys drink water?

Options

Replies

• maggiemichigan
    Options
    With lemon is the best, I think. The tap water where I work is mineral-heavy, and they do filter it, but it has a weird taste. The lemon helps cut that taste. Cucumber would work, too.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I used to think that water was tasteless too; so I didn't drink much. You get used to it! I've been drinking out of water bottles for months now. I'll put about 6 in the fridge every night b4 bed. (I like water very cold.) Its easier to measure this way (i.m.o.). I don't go anywhere w/o my water bottle; if I do forget (which is not often) I kinda feel nakie! LOL
  • msbuteyfull06
    Options
    trying some lemon in it at room temperature I don's like water either but notice when I don't drink it I actually crave it which is so weird. I like to try the strawberry extract that actually sounds good will keep you posted!
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Water intake! Ahh the one thing we often talk about in my house. I drink a whole lot of water, anywhere around 18-20 glasses a day on average. In the morning I drink a 1 liter bottle of water within the first hour of being up. Then I have another 20 oz bottle of filtered water during my morning walk. By lunch I usually have had 8 to 10 glasses a day. I have also amped up my intake by taking a drink (a good sized drink) after every single bite of food. At each meal I usually down at least 20 oz of water. When I drink 20 oz at a time I only count it as 2 glasses so I know I'm getting extra. Only down fall to drinking all that water is I'm in the bathroom all the time. Sometimes it seems like that is all I do is drink and pee. But since starting the drinking after every bite just 3 days ago I have dropped quite a bit of weight already....

So I guess my advice is drink it throughout the day. Most of the time I use ice and a straw, makes it easier for me.

Good luck finding what works for you.
  • betrue76
    Options
    I fill a water bottle (1 liter) and add a crystal light to go flavor and drink that while I am at work - save me from drinking sodas all day. Then when I am working out I drink another liter but just plain water. I try to drink one glass of water before bed too.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Drink it all day long. Its good for you! Just do it.
  • wingshooter2004
    Options
    I used to never drink water. I only drank coffee, tea and soda. Lostr of sugar in my tea and cream and sugar in my coffee.

For the past year and a half I have drank only water except that I drink black coffee in the morning. Once I got used to it I love water. I love drinking it. I drink Aquafina mostly and drink it at room temperature so I can chug a whole 16 ounce bottle in one shot. I drink at least 4 bottles a day, usually more.
  • saptamani
    saptamani Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I keep my giant Oktoberfest beer mug at my desk at work, and I try to drink it once before lunch, and one more time after. Luckily, my desk is very close to the bathroom.
  • KeriW626
    Options
    I keep multiple containers of cold water in the fridge avg 16-28 calories each. If it starts to taste ick, I add a sqeeze of lemon/lime. I drink a helava lot of water.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle with me all the time and drink as much as I want (or as little) at a time through the day. By the end of the day, I'm usually between 8 and 10 cups, and I never feel like I've overdone it.

I also buy the Crystal Light to-go packs. I put one in a bottle that holds 3 cups of water (they're suggested one pack for 2 cups, so I'm diluting it). I generally only have one of those a day, and two bottles without, but they do help me get some of that water in.
  • msmia228
    Options
    I bought a mug that holds 64oz. it has a straw built it. I've always liked water and to change up a little I started adding Mio (a water enhancer). Zero calories, a lot of flavors to choose from. I find when I sip thru a straw I'm done before I know it. Hope this helps.
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    I buy the 365 water from Whole Foods (the 33.8 fl oz bottle). I know that one of those is 1/2 of my daily dose of water so I should be through at least one by 4 or 5pm. I sip throughout the day, drink water with ALL meals (except for black coffee at breakfast), and I drink a few sips before I eat anything. I eat a LOT of fiber though and that makes you thirsty. As many others pointed out, the weight you're seeing on the scale is truly water weight. You weigh differently at night than you do in the morning. The best thing to do is weigh in the morning before you eat/drink anything. Weigh at the same time every day (or however often you weigh). By evening, my tummy is often distended but by the next morning, it's normal again. Water helps clean out your system.
  • KeriW626
    Options
    THE OTHER DRINKS DO NOT COUNT AS WATER...:huh: i drink water at least 8 glasses :drinker: through out the day
    Unless you're aware of some new research that says your body can't use the water content of most beverages, please stop spreading false information.

thank you, I swear, putting lemon in my WATER doesnt turn it to Beer or gasoline. Damn if it did I would be rich either way. And by the way, drink as much unsweetened black tea as you do water, I promise you will be up all night, peeing.
  • KeriW626
    Options
    My question is a bit differant, How do you drink all your water and get any sleep?????
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Ice cold through a straw..I don't know why but I drink more when I use a straw

Same here, but my front teeth are really sensitive to cold (all those fillings).
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I it drink when I am thristy no really set schedule except some usually before I go to the gym, and at some night. I use LOTS AND LOTS of propel. I don't like the taste of plain water.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Whenever I don't drink enough, I get a new water bottle. Something fun to drink out of really helps me make sure I get it down. I have water with me ALL the time.

Also, the reason you gain like 4lbs after drinking a lot is because water is heavy! Even a cup or two has weight and drinking it all at once, will make you gain weight. So, if you don't want to see water weight, don't stand on the scale right after drinking! It can be very discouraging to see the weight for something you are just going to pee in a few hours!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I bought a Bobble water bottle (www.waterbobble.com) - it has a filter similar to a Pur inside the bottle. I use the 32oz size & carry it with my EVERYWHERE! And it has helped me get my water intake way up - i used to have things like Mio or reduced sugar drink mixes (Kool-Aid). Yeah they are little pricey ($14.99 for the 32oz bottle plus filter, which last roughly 2 months + plus new filters are 6.99) but it helps. The water tastes SO MUCH better, specially if ice cold :)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I drink most of mine at meals and when I'm working out. About 2-3 cups per meal and another 2-3 at the gym. I've replaced most other beverages at mealtimes with water. Makes getting your water intake easier.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    with my mouth... its generally the easiest way.