Do you eat all the extra calories you get when you exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have read those threads and understand the reasoning behind it...it's just hard to get into my head to eat more! LOL! I have done well eating what I have and doing what I have...but interestingly enough, when I upped my gym time is when my losses slowed and I started having plateaus, etc. The only other maintains I had before that were Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks..(I am down 75 lbs since Sept).....so, perhaps upping my gym time and not upping my calories caused my body to not lose.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure you being correct in the size of your portions.

You really would have to be training 1 to 3 hours a day to need that much water (biking, swimming, running)... Like pushing your body to the max.

But, as long as you keep enough electrolytes, you shouldnt have any problems drinking that much other than peeing alot.
  • sebmsu
    sebmsu Posts: 26
    Options
    My problem is that I work out at night and then I don't want to eat that much extra before I go to bed. Do you just get used to eating more during the day?Do you eat small meals or 3 large ones? I don;'t think I've been eating enough but I'm full. Any suggestions?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I work out at night and then I don't want to eat that much extra before I go to bed. Do you just get used to eating more during the day?Do you eat small meals or 3 large ones? I don;'t think I've been eating enough but I'm full. Any suggestions?

slowly ramp up your calories over a few weeks. Not eating enough is almost as detrimental as eating too much.