How should I be weighing?

2»

Replies

• Do you have something of know weight? Like a 25 lb plate? Or a gallon jug filled with water? You can put that on your bathroom scale and see how accurate it is. If it's off, there is normally a way to calibrate it. Mine has a little dial on the side and I just turn it until it reads the weight of the object I have setting on it.

Or you could weigh yourself on the wii and then stand on the bathroom scale and adjust it until it reads the same as the wii. Then they would match, even though it might not be accurate.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    I use a scale for more trending versus actual weight - every scale is a bit different. Consistency is key - as long as you weigh the same time every time you can see a trend in your weight.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    id stick with the bathroom scale
  • Rftw1
    Rftw1 Posts: 3 Member
    Are either of the scales being used on a rug or a carpeted floor? If so.....Make sure you place them on a solid surface and try again. Should be more accurate!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    After much wailing and gnashing of teeth i have come to the conclusion that there is a 3 lb discrepancy between what my digital bathroom scale says and what the wii says (w/ "2 lbs" of clothing on on the a.m.)
  • I changed from my normal scale to a scale that measure BMI a few months ago. It was 6 pounds higher than my original scale so I had the same problem. What I finally decided was to not record my weigh ins until I had reached my last number on the original scale. It obviously created a flat line on my graph for a while but I decided the number was less important than the difference from weigh in to weigh in and it was the best way I could think of at the time to get things back on track. That darned weight number messes with your head so try not to put too much stock in it.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    It doesn't matter which one you use as long as you stay consistent with the device, day, time, and method in which you weigh. I would use whatever you used to post your start weight (bathroom scale). Some things that help give you a little weigh-in edge: weigh in the morning first thing right after you go to the bathroom. As few clothes as possible. Try to stop drinking liquids a little earlier before you go to bed. Take an epsom salt bath; it helps pull out any residual bloating you might get from lactic acid and working out. And pick one day of the week to weigh; you normally fluctuate day-to-day so if you see yourself go up, it can get disheartening.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Good lord!! Talk about obsessing over the scale!! Pick one and stick by it. Even better get a tape measure and go by inches that you lose!
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 313 Member
    Go with the Wii and change your starting weight on MFP to relflect what the Wii has you at.