Options
    200.jpg
    I really don't know how much I weighed here - over 200, though :/

154.jpg
    154 pounds! :)
  • areinders1
    areinders1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First Post on the forums - just took a photo of myself yesterday, saw this post and figured it was a great place to share.
    I started with MFP at the end of June, and I have lost 37 lbs to date. 277 down to 240. My first goal was 250 by end of Aug. I exceeded that. The next goal is 225 by Christmas. Then we will see!
    The first photo was from last spring - I would guess somewhere between 275 and 280-ish. The second photo is at 240.
    :)

IMG_4501-edited-BW-web.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

It is great to see so many people here who are on the road to a healthier lifestyle! Nice photos!
  • FlightlessbirdG
    Options
    I don't think my face has changed that much. (From 156 lbs to about 127 lbs)
    I took the last one probably 5 minutes ago and the first one around May or June..
    haha2.jpg
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    So glad this thread has kicked off! Some amazing photos in here :)
    I love you tattoo :) cute!!

Thank you!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Innerfatgirl - you can def see a big difference. You are beautiful. You have a lovely heart shaped face :)

Thank you so much! I am also shocked at my face shape. I thought I had a round face, but you're right, it's more heart shaped!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    4stonelosscomparison.png

Lost nearly another stone since taking the pics on the right :)

Wow! You look amazing! I love your hair too, it's beautiful.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    You are SO BEAUTIFUL! It's seriously making me swoon, will you be my new internet crush? :-D

I'm going to assume that's to me, seeing as I was the OP.

Thank you :D I will certainly be your internet crush!

You look amazeballs. Love that pic :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Wow, one you are simply gorgeous (I was amazed by how beautiful you are before and after).

Two, good job on the weight loss! :)

I can't see much change in my face yet but hopefully soon. I have a long way to go though so I think it'll just take a little longer for me.

Thank you so, so much!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    33a976cb.jpg

I love your eyes.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    wrgaaa.jpg

See, your eyes got less puffy like me!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    This was about 215 to 148

0FE2B107-3A54-4610-8092-1AC26B18287B-2309-000003908BB80040.jpg

Wow! Your whole face opened up!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    111-horz.jpg

From blob to throb! ;)

LOL

You look like a compleely new person!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Weight loss makes some of us look older, so for those of you who look better with a thinner face enjoy it.

Oh hey, my name's Carmen too :D
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Me (on the right) and my cousin cindy. Around 200 pounds.

Newfoundland046.jpg

Me with my sister (on the right again) a few pounds ago at 158.

aprilandi.jpg

You were pretty before, but WOW, the weightloss defo enhanced your natural beauty!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Wow! Amazing loss in your face! What a progression :) Here is mine 1 year apart from visitin Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado, and I was really on MFP for 6 months prior to the 2012 pic :) LOVE MFP!

1yr.jpg

:o)

Love it!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Here we go!

@ 291lbs (September, 2011)

Face-291.jpg

@ 182lbs (Today)

face-182.jpg

Big difference!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Before:
    July2011.jpg

During:
    face.jpg

I LOVE your hair colour. I have a thing for red hair. It's so gorgeous.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    ok. You look amazing! My question is do you have naturally curly hair and if so how do you get it so defined with curls or straight in the last pic? Are there any products you recommend?

My daycare girls have had thier hair thinned and the straightening they have had hasn't helped. I tried to look information up online to help their mom, but really can't figure out what products they should be using?

Any advice for them? They are only 9, 11 and 13 and on a very limited budget, so hopefully it isn't an expensive fix, but even if it is... every girl should be proud of how they look :)

Yes, my hair is naturally curly :)

I don't use products in my hair, but I do take good care of it. I wash it with conditioner instead of shampoo (I use shampoo once in a while). I don't dry brush it.

When I've rinsed my conditioner out with cold water, I get my PVA chamosis and gently scrunch the excess water out of my hair. Then I flip my head back up, put the chamosis on my shoulders and gently finger comb my hair down, then I scrunch it again. After that, I do not touch it until it is dry. Curls need to clump to gain definition.

This is what works for me, however, some curlies can not get definition without product. In this case, I would recommend gel with a softer lotion/butter on top, a curl definer (alcohol free) or conditioner left in. One of the most important things is to not touch your hair while it air drying, though.

Heat damage can cause curl patterns to loosen. I would recommend not using a blowdryer, ever, unless on the cool setting, and limiting flat ironing to once every few months, if not abolishing completely.

Ends do not need to be trimmed on a schedule, only if they are split. Buy hair cutting scissors and upkeep the ends by searching for split ends individually and cutting them off.

My hair was flat ironed in the straight haired pics, but I rarely do it. It's very damaging and I always run the risk of loosening my curl pattern.

Getting curly hair to look good is more about the health and technique than products :)

Naturallycurly.com, CurlyNikki.com, and longhaircommunity.com can help if they need more advice :)

Hope this helps!
  • LuisaAdames
    Options
    Everyone looks so much younger...at least by a decade! AMAZING!
  • andie2013
    Options
    Do I add pictures?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!