When Do You Log your Food

Options
I'm just wondering when everyone logs their food into their diary... immediately after you eat, just before you eat, or some other time?

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I generally plan the day before and then tweak it if anything changes.
  • Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tend to do mine all at once in the evening when i have the time. I have on occasion logged it straiught after a meal, but im not usually fussed i'd rather just do it all in one go and get it over and done with :)
  • Happyspud
    Options
    At the end of the day, or straight after if i am near a computer :)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I log it as I am eating it. Otherwise I may tend to forget something or end up at the end of the day with more calories than i thought.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Throughout the day, unless I'm going out to eat, at which point I typically pre-plan and pre-track my meal
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All throughout the day. Sometimes I plan things into my day, and fill in the rest as I go.
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I log it as I am eating it. Otherwise I may tend to forget something or end up at the end of the day with more calories than i thought.
    This. Also it helps to now what I have left for the day and stay motivated to keep on track.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    I log it right after I eat it or as I'm eating.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I tend to log my breakfast, lunch and dinner in the morning (or the night before) as I tend to know what I'm eating (or leave some flexibility if I only know parts of what I'm eating)

Then I can look in the morning and know how many calories I have for snacking and then I tend to log my snacks either just before I eat them or just after if I can :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I log the night before/in the morning and tweak throughout the day as needed.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    As I'm eating, or as I'm preparing a meal to see how many calories it's totalling. I use the recipe section a fair bit, put it all in, tweak it, and work out how much of it I can eat.

But definitely as I go along, or I'd never remember everything. There are so many little things I used to take for granted that I now realise tally up quickly, and I log absolutely everything down to the last herb.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I try to log it right after I eat it but that is not always a choice I have....by the end of the day anyway. There have been times I log it before I eat with a plan to eat well and then don't ....then I have to change it. Same with the exercise.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I generally plan the day before and then tweak it if anything changes.

this
    if not, i always end up over
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i do mine as i go! i am a firm believer of bite it write it!!! thats my motto :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If I know what I am having for dinner I will log it first thing in the morning. That way I know what I can have for the rest of the day. Other things, I will log right before I eat.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I used to log when I was cooking it or as I sat down with my plate, but lately f I know exactly what I'm going to eat that day, I've been logging it when I wake up. Not like there are many surprises in my diet these days, which is convenient.
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I log in advance, so my meals are planned out for a few days. If something changes I tweak it.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I also plan and pre-log my food and edit if there are changes. I prefer to do it this way because it gives me more time to find another snack if I need calories to reach my goals or to skip a snack if I'm over. I like knowing ahead of time what the day is going to be like.
  • misslou7
    misslou7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    With the app throughout the day - so easy to 'forget' what I've eaten otherwise!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Usually afte I eat it so I can keep track better and not forget something.