How did YOU sneak out?

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    There was no point in me "sneaking out." I lived in the middle of nowhere, so there wasn't anything to do outside of the house.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My father was a ham radio operator and he had a 90 foot antenna tower bolted next to the window of the spare bedroom on the second floor. So... open window, swing leg out to the ladder, scamper down 40 feet or so and reverse to get back in
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I learned how to open the back and screen doors without making a sound.....would have friends stay over because it was so much easier sneaking out of my house instead of theirs....yeah, good times \m/
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Bedroom window - I had to carefully crawl over my sleeping sister. LOL
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I was very close with my mom and I just told her...she didn't care. I grew up on the water and since my first car was a 13' Boston Whaler, there were many late night excursions with my friends. Funny, but there's no way I'd let my 15 year old do this now.

Plus, my bedroom was in the back of the house near the sliding glass door so I just used that whenever I wanted.

I did have a neighbor friend who came and went in our house as he pleased through the same door. My mom even started buying his favorite foods just in case Jay stopped by the back door. :drinker:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    front door! My parents put solar screens on all the windows and they weren't removable!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I just never came home...it's much easier to just leave during regular shopping hours and come back right before the store opens again for the day.
    this right here.....only i dont come back until it was time for a lunch break........
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My Bedroom Window... Put Car in Neutral... Push to Road... Idle to Stop Sign... And, HAUL *kitten*!! : D

This was me - with one exception. It was the spare bedroom window. The rooms were on the 2nd floor and the porch roof was directly below the window in the spare bedroom. Getting in was always a bit of a *****, though.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I never snuck out...

... but I did lie about where I was, once.

Yeah I was a pretty good kid. How boring.

This was me...
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I would just wait till my mom fell asleep and then leave. I snuck people in more often than I snuck out though.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I never had to sneak out

my parents were hippies of sorts and as long as i was honest in what i was doing they usually didn't mind
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    My bedroom was in the basement, so I usually went out the window or out the back door.

Sad but true story - My parents were very over protective and I still had a curfew @ 19, the summer I was home between freshmen and sophmore year of college. The plan was that my friends would drop me at home for curfew, drive to the other end of my block (church parking lot), I would climb out the window and meet them there. On their way to the lot, a police officer saw them pass something between the front and back seat (a stick of gum), pulled them over and they all had to get out of the car and stand with the arms and legs spread against the hood of the car.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I lived on the 14th floor of a condo... Had to tiptoe past my parents' bedroom, open the front door as quietly as possible, and then walk around to the elevator on the far side of the building. This only happened a couple of times; usually I'd just stay out late and tell them I was somewhere I wasn't.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I used either my bedroom window (parent's house was a one story ranch) or made my way across the house and went out the glass sliding down in the family room. Everything went well for months and months until one day I was getting back home at 2:00am and my bedroom window was now locked. I had to go to the front door and ring the door bell to get back in. The **** hit the fan, my Dad was outside in the middle of night screaming and nailing my window shut from the outside. lol
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    I never snuck out...

^^^THIS
    I was a little goody-goody.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Lived in a ranch house, my bedroom was at the front while my parents' room was at the back of the house. Just opened my window and crawled out. To get back in I'd have to wake up my brother by knocking on his window so he could let me in the front door.
  • tonicandgin
    Options
    would lie and say I was babysitting :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I never snuck out...

^^^THIS
    I was a little goody-goody.

me too. then college happened. and that's all she wrote.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My window was right above the AC unit so I was able to climb out pretty easy. Would head over to the GF house. Now hers was a little more of a challenge. Her window was higher off the ground. Her dad was an avid CB user at the time had a rather large built in antenna next to her window I could climb up and sneak in her room, had to be very very quite her parent were just down the hall. Oh scary but fun :) Almost got caught one night had to jump off the bed and go under it...ooops oh well fun times ;)
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I walked out the back door. (giggles.. i said backdoor)

No but really, I just walked out the door.