How did YOU sneak out?

Options

Replies

• Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    didn't have to SNEAK out, no one was ever home to realize I never went to school.....

I played hookey QUITE frequently ( see what happens when BOTH parents work so much they're oblivious to the kids??? :wink: :laugh: )

but became so proficient @ forging my mother's signature that I wrote my own excuses too....
    and I could copy just about anyone else's parents too- so I SOLD excuses and earned $ on the side.

Gee, my first stab @ being an entrepreneur @ age 12.
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My parents didn't care. So my sister and I would walk out the front door. If parental units asked. We said none of your business and went about our business. Its a miracle that my sister and I lived beyond our teenage years. Let alone to almost 40 LOL!!!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I never had the desire to sneak out when I was a teen to hang out with friends because all my friend were pretty much under lock and key like I was!

However, my sister around the age of 13 started hanging out with people my age (was 16 at the time) and they were not a good bunch of kids so when she would sneak out of our bedroom window which was only 4 feet off the ground I felt the need to accompany her to make sure nothing happend!

We did get caught once but I never got in trouble because my mom knew exactly why I snuck out with her and she told me later that she was glad I did!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Only did it once, but it was pretty epic.

I was determined to go pick up my boyfriend from the airport, who I hadn't seen in 3 months (felt more like 2 years to a 15-year old). He was arriving in the early morning before a school night, and the airport was two hours away, so my parents told me I couldn't.

My contrary 15-year old brain decided to do it anyway, along with one of my friends. We decided to surprise him as well, so we didn't tell him. I snuck out of the front door at 3 o'clock in the morning, leaving pillows in a person shape on the bed and a typically over-dramatic teenage note explaining where I was on the pillow.

We managed to hitch a ride in a tiny car that was already full of five guys, so I sat basically on the gear shift in the front of the car. The guys were determined to graffiti the whole way along the ride, which made them incredibly slow. I was also pretty terrified that they were going to take off with me, so every time my friend got out of the car to let them spray stupid stuff on the side of the road, I had to get out too.

Eventually we got to the airport, only to find that the flight had come in early, and my boyfriend was already on the way up to school. We had to spend all of our money on a taxi to get us back again.

My poor boyfriend (who knew nothing about it) was greeted by my mother (also a teacher at our school) in a towering rage demanding to know where her daughter was. And I got grounded for two weeks, so couldn't see him anyway.

11 years later I'm married to that boyfriend. Pretty terrified to have children in case they turn out to be as dumb and reckless as I was!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My parents didn't care. So my sister and I would walk out the front door. If parental units asked. We said none of your business and went about our business. Its a miracle that my sister and I lived beyond our teenage years. Let alone to almost 40 LOL!!!!

You died before you were 40?

How sad! I feel so bad for you :cry:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I lived a very sheltered life. And living in in a small town your parent were able to find out where you were the night before. I know I was a dork back in the day.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Our pack door on the bottom floor of the house was really quiet, so I used that then just walked or rode my bike about a mile down the road to meet my friends at night. We used to hangout under a bridge in my neighborhood and go fishing and swimming at night.
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always went out the front door and left it unlocked so I could get back in...This plan worked until one night my mom woke up and thought she forgot to lock the door..and locked the deadbolt. Soo I ended up sleeping on a dog bed, on the porch. After that, I snuck people in but I never snuck out again. Anddd by the time I had my license my parents had given up trying to control me. It was an impossible feat anyway. ;)
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options

You died before you were 40?

How sad! I feel so bad for you :cry:

Also, hahahahah!!
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    I didnt. I had a very sheltered childhood and never dared to do something that would anger my abusive and controlling stepfather.

I had enough trouble functioning under the roof with him there let alone when i wasnt.

Ex- After having an argument with him as a teen, i went to my room and slammed the door. He ripped the door off the hinges and threw it in the dumpster.

To prevent us from turning on the bedroom light, he took our light bulb.

My life was hell because of him and nothing makes me more happy than to be well over 1000 miles away and to know he is where he belongs.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    i never snuck out.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    When I was a teen ...............I just used the front door and didn't sneak:)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I never snuck out. The thought honestly never crossed my mind and I really saw no point in it. Night time was for sleeping. Never mind the fact that the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint my parents and get grounded for it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I always went out the front door and left it unlocked so I could get back in...This plan worked until one night my mom woke up and thought she forgot to lock the door..and locked the deadbolt. Soo I ended up sleeping on a dog bed, on the porch. After that, I snuck people in but I never snuck out again. Anddd by the time I had my license my parents had given up trying to control me. It was an impossible feat anyway. ;)

Sometimes I would come back and the door was locked, so I learned how to pick it. LOL

I think my grandparents knew I was sneaking out and were trying to mess with me.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I couldn't really. I lived in the country with no nearby neighbors so if they heard a car start up they'd know it was theirs and I lived 10 miles from town.

However, I snuck home once. I got detention and didn't want my parents to know so I timed it so that my friend dropped me off at the bottom of our driveway (it was long, forested, and on a hill so they wouldn't see) at the time that I normally got off the bus. Since I lived in the sticks it normally took an hour for me to get home, so I got home at the normal time even with a 30 minute detention factored in. God bless friends with cars.

Also I had a horse, and if I rode out to the logging road behind my house I could see our town from there, including where fireworks lit off. So one fourth of July I decided to sneak out at night and ride my horse out where I could watch the fireworks. Not the safest idea ever and my mom was pretty pissed. Saw the horse and I were gone and came out to find me with a flashlight. Sheesh. Nothing got past them.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I never snuck out. All the kids I hung out with had the same curfew times so we just made sure we had got done what we wanted done by midnight.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I was afraid of my dad so I didn't sneak & made curfew most of the time. If I knew then what I know now - I probably would've gotten away with more, but was too afraid to try anything :(
    Goody two shoes for long enough - then I got sassy & my hubby is happy for that :D
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to sneak out either. I usually lied about WHERE I was going but I never had to sneak out. I'd say I was sleeping at a friend's but we'd go to parties, etc.) My parents were divorced and my mom (who I lived with) was very lenient with the rules. My dad was much more strict but he didn't find out about half the stuff my mom let me do.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I placed pillows and clothes under my bedsheet to make it roughly me-shaped. Then quietly snuck out the back door. I would take one step, listen, another step, listen...just like the narrator in The Tell-Tale Heart. Minus the lantern.

Sounds very familiar! I knew exactly which boards creaked and everything.
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never have. My parents literally let me do anything including alcohol and wild parties(not like I got invited to any though). Though I'm still 18 for another year so I still have a chance of "sneaking out".