I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just want to get in on this curvy conversation, so I'll just say that there are all different types of curvy women (and all are beautiful to me). Sometimes strangers will comment on how curvy my figure is. And I'm sure other people would never consider me curvy because I am small and slender (and fit). It doesn't really matter to me either way. My body is the same body whatever other people's impressions or judgements are. But, I would not think of my body as being voluptuous (although ladies with that body type are gorgeous). It's kind of funny the way ladies bodies get picked apart, when you really think about it. Women here are getting very possessive about the word curvy. and I had no idea it meant "fat". I just thought it meant curvy.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I would LIKE to call myself curvy as I loooove my curves, but I feel that word has been stolen by the big girls, so I shall settle for voluptuous!

progress.jpg?t=1338907384
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.

Close ups of all of these areas would be helpful.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

Close ups of all of these areas would be helpful.

hahaha
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options

How big are you up top, you dont look big too me.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I would LIKE to call myself curvy as I loooove my curves, but I feel that word has been stolen by the big girls, so I shall settle for voluptuous!

progress.jpg?t=1338907384
    Yes! ^^^ She's curvy. She's little, but she's curvy.

I'm not saying you have to be a certain size to be curvy. Girls that are a size 2 can be curvy, I'm a 12 and I'm curvy, and women that are a size 20 can be curvy.

I'm talking about the actual word being taken to mean "fat" in a nice way. Which is why I said call a duck a duck. "fat" might not be a nice word, but not everything in life is rainbows and butterflies.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

36DDD
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Exactly how big do you expect big to be?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options

36DDD
    im 34hh, which is quite big indeed lol. I cant even buy bras in ordinary shops lol. If the frontal pic is you, you have a nice little curve going on, and a nice shape.But I hate it when people call curvey, fat, so that would make me fat then.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.
    if your adressiing that too me i pmsl, my boobs are enough to smother someone and they have always been big, they never go down when i diet, so envy doesnt cut it lol, I was just curious at what level she thougt very big was. KATIE PRICE IS SMALLER THAN ME BUT HERS LOOKS HUGE LOL.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

if your adressiing that too me i pmsl, my boobs are enough to smother someone and they have always been big, they never go down when i diet, so envy doesnt cut it lol, I was just curious at what level she thougt very big was. KATIE PRICE IS SMALLER THAN ME BUT HERS LOOKS HUGE LOL.

Lol I don't know wtf you're saying. Punctuation is your friend.

BTW: Big boobs =/= hourglass. You've talked to the OP and other people and LITERALLY have said, "I'm curvy, you're not curvy." You, my friend, are the subject of this original post. The people you are attack clearly have hourglass measurements, they're just not... as big as you think they need to be. Like someone else said: .7 ratio from hips to waist. Classic hourglass. You can't be too subjective with math.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe, she was the one who started those words, and hey by the standards of today she would be considered over weight.

No she would not. That is a myth. Marilyn was TINY. Watch Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and tell me how overweight she was. There is ONE photoshoot (in the white bathing suit) where she appears a bit heavier, but she was not that size most of her life. Not even close.

In today's clothing sizes, she was probably a 2 or 4.
    MONROE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIZE 16 YOU, NOW WHICH IS BULL COZ SHE IS CLEARLY WAY SMALLER.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe, she was the one who started those words, and hey by the standards of today she would be considered over weight.

No she would not. That is a myth. Marilyn was TINY. Watch Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and tell me how overweight she was. There is ONE photoshoot (in the white bathing suit) where she appears a bit heavier, but she was not that size most of her life. Not even close.

MONROE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIZE 16 YOU, NOW WHICH IS BULL COZ SHE IS CLEARLY WAY SMALLER.

1. Why are you yelling?

2. Size 16 in the 1950s and 1960s was not the same as a size 16 now. She very well could have been a size 16 at the time.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

BTW: Big boobs =/= hourglass. You've talked to the OP and other people and LITERALLY have said, "I'm curvy, you're not curvy." You, my friend, are the subject of this original post. The people you are attack clearly have hourglass measurements, they're just not... as big as you think they need to be. Like someone else said: .7 ratio from hips to waist. Classic hourglass. You can't be too subjective with math.

:drinker:
  • hazelovesfood
    Options

IM NOT ATTACKING ANYONE, . iTS NOT MY IDEA OF CURVEY, SHE IS VERY SLIM IMO AND LOVELY WITH IT, AND WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , WHEN A MISTAKE IS MADE, JESUS GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i BETTER GOT GET THE DICTIONARY OUT BEFORE i POST.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options

1. Why are you yelling?

2. Size 16 in the 1950s and 1960s was not the same as a size 16 now. She very well could have been a size 16 at the time.
    Im not yelling, im prefectly quiet !!!!!!!!. Im just making it stand out.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Im not yelling, im prefectly quiet !!!!!!!!. Im just making it stand out.

Using all caps is considered yelling on the internet.