Part way there - still embarrassed but w/ a pic

Options

Replies

• elizcarman
    Options
    You can clearly see the results of your hard work! Keep it up. You are doing great!!
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    You look great.... Never be embarrassed, you are an inspiration for those of us who are just starting on this journey.... Thank you!!
  • HazelChase
    HazelChase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!! Not only did you lose weight, but your skin looks so much healthier, and you look so much happier! Keep up the good work! You are truly an inspiration!

33034889.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I can see a big difference, you are doing an awesome job!!!!! I personally can't see any progress in myself but other people can. I guess it's because we see ourselves all the time and the changes are gradual. I will have to post some pics too if I get up the nerve.
  • newlife3182
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the good work! :)
  • YOUCANDOIT165
    YOUCANDOIT165 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be embarrassed about...you look great.
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You're on your way and that's what is important. Keep up the good work!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My goodness! Thanks for all the new posts. I originally posted this three months ago and am just now at a point where I really needed a boost. From my profile pic maybe you all can tell that I've lost a bit more. 11 more pounds gone in these past three months. That's not what I was hoping for but I'll claim it and be proud that I've not given up. More will follow. Count on it!
  • MDIRunner
    Options
    Beautiful progress!!!!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    There is no need to be embarrassed! You are heading in the right direction and doing a great job!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Making great progress! :D
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be embarrassed about, because you look wonderful ....... thanks for sharing ...... and yes, it helps the rest of us !

Keep doing what you're doing :flowerforyou:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    No reason to be embarrassed!! And good friends like that one you have is like a precious gift.

Thanks for sharing--the pics and your story. Keep up the great work.

And..congrats!!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on both your progress and your courage to put up what you admit is embarassing. Yes, the 40's and 50's have a way of taking away of bodies and our image of ourselves. But maybe that is why we finally choose to take our lives back. I know I certainly did and I feel better than I've felt in a long time.

There is a sense of accomplishment that comes with this.
  • croz1007
    Options
    Great job of posting the pics to show your progress. When you are making positive progress like this you have to be proud of the results and show them off. Let others know that it can be done. It is the smaller wins that let others know that they can do it too. Great progress so far...keep it up.
  • Katy_G2013
    Katy_G2013 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are BEAUTIFUL!!! I think you look great! Keep up the hard work and determination! Can't wait to see your next updated pic. :)
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you for being bold, you are definitely an inspiration. Be proud, you look great!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    A couple of friends have encouraged me to share them here. The kicker came when one told me that if I wouldn’t share my pics just because I am embarrassed, then I have no right to look at anyone else’s pics. She said that if I get motivation and inspiration from others willing to share their pictures, then I’m being selfish not to share mine. A good friend will kick you in the butt when you need it most and she is a very good friend indeed!

The above is definitely not true. Weight loss is a very personal journey, and if you aren't comfortable posting pics for others to see, you have every right to your privacy. The people who do post pics here are both proud and comfortable with it. You don't have to post if it makes you uncomfortable.

That said, good job! You look great!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should be proud of yourself. You look amazing :)

Curb that embarrassment! You're getting yourself healthier; there's nothing embarrassing about that. Keep it up!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story and the pictures. you are doing great! You are looking great too. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!