How do you squeeze in time to exercise?

Options

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as the excuse 'I don't have time to work out'. You just aren't making it a priority. If you have time to post in these forums, you have time to work out! You could be working out right now instead of typing. You just have to make it a priority.

Get up a little earlier. Squeeze in a workout in your lunch break. Park further away from work and walk. Bicycle to work. The possibilities are endless but you just need to make time for it.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used the 30 Day Shred, I went to bed 22 minutes later OR woke up 22 munutes earlier to fit it in.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I schedule it in to my calendar.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i squeeze mine in after work....between the times of 5-10pm...whenever i can get the time to go. Weekends i workout in the morning
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    I get up earlier in the morning & do it then...... Then do 6 hours at work & usually go for a jog or cycle (depending on the day)

Just fit it in when you can, even if its only a bit a day, at least your still doing something :-)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4:30am
    Yes, Mine goes off at 4am.
    I am most happy to get up IF:
    I have gone to bed the night before at an early hour
    I have prepared my workout clothes.

I am very sad if I miss my early am time!!

Debbe2 says "I schedule it in to my calendar."
    That's smart!!!!
  • BARBY1956
    Options
    I get up 1/2 hour earlier to do JM Ripped in 30. It's less than 30 mins. then I'm set for the day.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You CAN fit into your schedule. MAKE it a priority.

Wake up earlier....or stay up later to work out...

If you have time to sit down on the internet to chat, you have time to workout. Workout while watching TV....tons of 10min or 12min exericse routines on Bodyrock.tv website.

Jump rope for 5mins in the morning.

Instead of sitting at your desk on lunch or at a table...WALK....

Multi-task...doing housework? Make it a workout! Put on some loud tunes and dance around the house while cleaning.

Running errands? Walk instead of drive...or bike ride. If you have to drive, park further away from the door or down the street....

Take the stairs...jump up and down while brushing your teeth....lift weights while at your desk....wear ankle weights while running errands....

Here are some fun ways...lmao
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/cut-calories-and-lose-weight
  • trigirlie1
    trigirlie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try incorporating it into what you are already doing...walk/jog while waiting for children at practice, make family time a workout, keep hand weights in your kitchen and do sets while waiting for water to boil, be creative with workouts. It does not have to be an hour in the gym...Good luck!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I would start with the mindset of "squeezing it in". Do you "squeeze in" having meals? Do you not brush your teeth if you can't "squeeze it in"? Do you skip sleeping entirely on days where you can't "squeeze in" a full 8 hours?

See where I'm going with this?

I prioritized exercise by scheduling my workouts, as though they're just another meeting in my day. I'm an executive, sit on the board of a few different organizations and play a competitive, semi-pro sport. I get being busy, but it just means I have to plan better. And even more importantly, once I've planned, I have to make sure I execute better.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    BTW, not much I can give up at the moment to accommodate for exercise. I am tapped out.

Stop making excuses and CHOOSE TO DO IT
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Just like everything else in life. prioritize. We all have 24 hours each day. We make choices on how to spend it.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning. Sometimes, I'll do it in the evening, but I HATE that. I also started out doing 10 minutes a day and gradually worked up to do 60-90 minutes every day.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Plan Plan Plan

I have two kids and a full time job. I get up at 4:45 am, workout at the gym, shower, and pack lunches/breakfasts before anyone else in the family is awake.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Count me in the up early group! Some days it sucks but I feel so much better for having done it. In the end, that's way more important to me than the extra sleep that I usually don't really need.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Get your *kitten* out of bed early and get it done. It sucks for like 3 or 4 days, then your body gets used to it. I'm running or lifting at 0500 every morning.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    If I have time to surf the internet- I have time to exercise.
    If I have time to watch TV- I have time to exercise.
    If I have time to shop- I have time to exercise.

At a minimum, I do a 30 min workout once a day. Even the president has 30 mins a day, that's how I look at it. :laugh:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at 4:30 AM. Afternoons are jammed packed with kid's activities. I do it for me and for them. They need me to be healthy to be the best mommy I can be. That motivates me. No excuses here.

I see your ticker says you want to lose 100 pounds. You need to make time for exercise if you really want to lose 100 pounds and keep it off.
  • Myosha86
    Options
    Instead of eating on my lunch break I go to the gym.
    Then I have a protein bar or sandwich at my desk for lunch.
  • Hamncheezr
    Options
    I used to get up early and walk for an hour. Lately I've been doing a Jillian Michael's DVD (it takes no more than an hour) on afternoons we're home while my kids eat a snack and watch a cartoon, 2 nights a week I take a 45min fitness class at my son's taekwondo studio after his lesson.