Bananas - good or bad?

Options
I don't like fruit... pretty much all kinds.
But each week I try to have at least 1-3 peices for variety and health benefits.

I really don't like bananas at all, but for variety and health I have been trying to have one at least a week.

What's your take on bananas??

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    They go great with peanut butter, cocoa and whey in shakes.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    But each day I try to have at least 1-3 peices for variety and health benefits.

FIFY
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    have one a day with breakfast and dip it in my peanut butter that is melted on my toast... :drinker:
  • ejbrin
    Options
    Oh man, I couldn't live my life without bananas. Especially finger bananas, they amuse me so much.
  • ejbrin
    Options
    haha. Totally forgot I changed my profile pic to a monkey with a banana.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i like bananas, and i just ate one
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Totally terrible and dangerous for the body.
    Especially the fibers, pectin, potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium it contains.

Vitamine C, B1, B2, and B6 that bananas have is also something you would definitely watch.

:drinker:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Fruit is not essential in your diet, but a useful addition. I'd rather have veg which is far lower calories, full of nutrients and you can have more of to fill you up.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Bananas are a great source of potassium.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i love bananas....lots of potassium!!!!!!!!!
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    haha. Totally forgot I changed my profile pic to a monkey with a banana.
    Epic!

bananas are delicious!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love bananas but they have a lot of calories.
  • macpacman
    Options
    Totally terrible and dangerous for the body.
    Especially the fibers, pectin, potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium it contains.

Vitamine C, B1, B2, and B6 that bananas have is also something you would definitely watch.

:drinker:

Clap.gif
  • careyannal
    Options
    delicious!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't like bananas much either, but if I slice it and put in in a bowl with yogurt and granola (and maybe some honey if I'm feeling saucy) it's pretty filling and a great way to stay full for hours.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I really like fruit. If I was trying to feed fruit to a child that didnt like it, I would blend frozen fruit in the blender with a little milk and/or yogurt. It comes out like a milkshake and tastes soooooooooo good.
  • omanitshann
    Options
    I used to hate them, but i love them now. They are so good with peanut butter or in oatmeal or cereal
  • TiffADee
    TiffADee Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I really don't like bananas at all, but for variety and health I have been trying to have one at least a week.

I don't think you should have to force yourself to eat anything you don't like. If you REALLY don't like bananas, there are plenty of other foods you can eat. For example, if its potassium you're looking for, [sweet] potatoes, orange juice, and yogurt (among others) are also great sources. Enjoying your food is such a huge part of your diet maintenance. If you have to hold your nose and force it down, don't eat it.

For the record, I love bananas ;-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I love bananas. But if you don't like them, don't eat them.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love to eat them on the way home from the gym. quick easy snack. reasonable calories and cheap to buy(since I share my fruit with three children. lol)