constipation and diet.........

Options
2»

Replies

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    hey just to give you a little medical advise, constipation in dieting is very common and as stated it comes from not being hydrated enough. You can drink a ton of water but it may take quite some time before you get back to normal. I would suggest or "prescribe" a mild laxative such as ducolax. It works very quickly and would help get you into a normal routine. Once things are moving, sufficient water should keep this problem to a minimum. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me as it can be serious to not have a BM for more than 2-3 days. "DONT WANNA KEEP THAT STUFF IN TOO LONG" Feel free to message me if im not at the hospital i will answer back asap
    Thank You:smile:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd be so glad to here others talk about their BM's,lol. Been having this problem for 2 weeks , glad to hear I not alone. Altho I drink LOTS of water I'm still having problems. Will start back on activia and get some Milk of Mag. Have lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks... yeaaaaa me.
    Congratulations on your weight loss:flowerforyou: I know I have lost some weight, but I will record it when I weigh in at the doctor. :smile: Only been dieting a week now. I think I will pick up some activia as well. Just wonder how it tastes:flowerforyou:
  • OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    :embarassed: Since I started this diet almost a week ago I am having problems...I eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies. I would think things would be working like a clock.:happy: When you first started the diet was your system messed up at first?

And here I thought I was the only one!!! :blushing: I used to have no problem with my plumbing... (LOL) but now, since I'm dieting, I don't go as often or at all!!! :grumble: It sucks, I know - but I usually try to eat some prunes, raisin bran... all that good stuff!

Good luck to you!