What's Your Favorite Meat Source?

Options
Mine is definitely chicken/poultry. Baked chicken breast + spices + Olive oil = heaven! Tuna and Albacore come in a close second.

Replies

• Jester522
    Options
    Wild caught atlantic salmon. Protein plus omegas!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wild salmon
    Cans of tuna
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wild game meat all the way! (Bison, Elk, Deer (Yes Bambi!), and moose)
    Chicken
    Salmon

I'll eat other fish but I'm not a huge fan. And I'm allergic to beef (Such a bad Albertan I know)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I hate myself for it, but it's beef and pork.

I'd eat organic chicken - the other kind actually makes me nauseous - but I don't feel like spending $16 for a bird that'll last me two days. Turkey makes me sick all the time.

Not experimental enough with fish - it's salmon, trout, tuna, usually. Yes to shrimp, on occasion. YES to scallops and crab.

Lamb, I like, but again, nauseating if not organic, & organic too expensive.

More exotic meats, I haven't tried.

What's weird to me - I remember being a kid and having to work really hard to like meat. It all smelled and tasted dead. As an adult, I'm very unhappy unless I get a couple of steaks in a week.

(Thinking about it... I'll spend 10-12 bucks on a steak for *one* meal, no problem. I think it's that I don't trust chickens anymore.)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    steak! or bacon.

only two meats i really like. i love morning star burgers :]
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

And... uh... more bacon. :laugh:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Chicken on the grill!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just learned several days ago that poultry/skinless or otherwise is just as bad as eating beef, ESPECIALLY Grilled! "Live To Eat"

So I have given up all meat sources except the occasional piece of fish/seafood...and guess what, I feel soooo much better. I definitely believe "we" were meant to eat meat, but NOT in the quantity that we eat it. There is NO way that a human being should eat meat more than twice a week, absolute Max. And the increase in Colon Cancer and other digestive problems verifies that...check out the book , Eat To Live...very interesting.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Just learned several days ago that poultry/skinless or otherwise is just as bad as eating beef, ESPECIALLY Grilled! "Live To Eat"

How so? And what exactly do you consider bad about eating beef?

To the OP's question...no real favorite, I like variety. Wild caught king or sockeye pacific salmon that I can get basically fresh is incredible. Pasture raised (preferably organic) beef, free range chicken.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    Mine is chicken for sure! I could live off of it. My family gets annoyed because every time they talk about what to make for dinner I say chicken.
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haha great feedback. I also love how there's so many bacon lovers out there ;)
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    OMG How could I have forgotten about Crab and lobster!

There's just so much good yummy meat out there!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Chicken, tuna, and crab! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It would definitely be some type of fish, but it's hard to choose a favorite. A friend gave me a huge chunk of mackerel he caught once and I think it was the best tasting fish I've ever eaten. It's a great source of Omega 3, but as a predatory fish, I hear it's also high in mercury. And those huge Gulf shrimp are pretty tasty. And it's pretty hard to beat my husband's blackened catfish.

But I think a nice thick cut of wild caught salmon might win out as favorite.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chicken. It's easy to cook/grill/bake and I can stock up on it at Costco.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options

So I have given up all meat sources except the occasional piece of fish/seafood...and guess what, I feel soooo much better. I definitely believe "we" were meant to eat meat, but NOT in the quantity that we eat it. There is NO way that a human being should eat meat more than twice a week, absolute Max. And the increase in Colon Cancer and other digestive problems verifies that...check out the book , Eat To Live...very interesting.

For an alternative view, read the book, "Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It" by Gary Taubes. He makes a pretty compelling case that just the opposite is true. (He even points to some primitive groups in whose language the word for "hungry" translates to, "when we have to eat plants.") :bigsmile:

(I am paraphrasing, not quoting in the above. Please forgive me if my recollection isn't exact - but it is very close.)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    My list:
    Bacon
    Sausage
    Ground beef (and I can dehydrate it into Jerkey... yum!)
    Shrimp
    I eat chicken regularly because it's good for you and not awful if seasoned and the occasional steak.
    I hate seafood, except canned tuna. ETA I know shrimp is seafood, but it's yummy. Oh and my mom always ate oysters froma can, so I find those tolerable as well.

I'm super picky :( I was vegetarian for years though, still have trouble with eating meat that looks like meat. Hence why my top choices are processed!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Lamb and duck.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Chicken eggs, quail eggs, TVP, beans, or protein flour.
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    None. Zero. Read "The China Study" and "Becoming Vegan". If you want to avoid disease in your life and live a long time, don't eat meat and don't eat dairy!