PRETTY PLEASE READ THIS and help it wont take long :(

Options
124»

Replies

• LupaNera
    Options
    Hi, I read all the thread and I am really glad that you understood which is the right way to take care of yourself. You seem to be a smart girl so really don't even think to try to imitate some commercial models.
    Think only that in TV with the right make up a 60 years old person shows like a 40 years old.
    As others have told you go for a good lifestyle and if you want to have fun also hit for a gym and do whatever course you would like to do. And you will see that exercising in group is more funny and that you will end with new friends.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Why is anyone even encouraging this girl to be 97lbs?
    At 5'3 that is an unhealthy weight - she should be 105lbs minimum.
    The fact that she wants to be 97lbs because her "favourite singer is skinny and weighs 97lbs" is also scary and very sad.
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    -_- ok thanks, so tell me what i should do then?

18yrs, 135 lbs, to 115 muscular lbs, 63" tall.

Don't do those routines more than 5hrs a week. Best to spread out the rest days, not back to back.
    Move up to using as heavy weight as possible. Better if you want to do weight lifting, burns fat better.

Eat 1870 every day, workout or not. If you actually miss an hr workout, skip 150 calories that day. If you make it up, add 150 on that day.

Set macros to Carbs 55%, Protein 25%, Fat 20%.

If you decide to log your workouts, log 1 calorie, or do it after the last meal of the day and meeting that 1870 goal.

This will feed those workouts so you actually get stronger and can burn fat.

Report back after 5 lbs loss, goals will change.

what do you mean 'Report back after 5 lbs loss, goals will change.' ? and thankyou for trying to help me out :)
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The fact that she wants to be 97lbs because her "favourite singer is skinny and weighs 97lbs" is also scary and very sad.

Sorry - I got angry after reading only half this thread and now see you have come to your senses thanks to Heybales!!
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    thanks for everyones concerns and answers.. ive decided that my weight doesnt really matter. i just want to be 17% body fat and i wanna do it the healthy lifestyle way...
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    At 5"3 97lbs is kinda low...but then yea 12 weeks reducing your body fat percentage would be a better idea <as suggested to me by another mfp member>
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im planning to lose 40 pounds by doing turbo fire and chalean extreme in 85 days.. 134.9 to 97lbs

do you think i can achieve this ? any experiences

I don't know what turbo fire and chalean extreme are but ...... it does sound extreme. What works for me is "slow and steady" .... changing some lifetime habits permanently rather than extreme dieting. Sometimes if there is a special occasion coming up then I will follow a more restrictive diet. Try The Beck Diet Solution (book/Kindle) for motivation/support/behaviour changing.

And I love cats too ...... we are running an unofficial cat sanctuary here in Puglia
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    [/quote

hows it scary? i just want to be beautiful like her lol she inspired me -.- but dont worry i changed my mind about 97lbs i relised how unhealthy it is.. now i just want to be 110-113lbs (my weight at start of the year), 17% bodyfat and just tone up a little :)
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    Im planning to lose 40 pounds by doing turbo fire and chalean extreme in 85 days.. 134.9 to 97lbs

do you think i can achieve this ? any experiences

I don't know what turbo fire and chalean extreme are but ...... it does sound extreme. What works for me is "slow and steady" .... changing some lifetime habits permanently rather than extreme dieting. Sometimes if there is a special occasion coming up then I will follow a more restrictive diet. Try The Beck Diet Solution (book/Kindle) for motivation/support/behaviour changing.

And I love cats too ...... we are running an unofficial cat sanctuary here in Puglia

thankyooou for advise and aw thats great :)
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Probably not since your goal weight is low but give it your best attempt and you will still lose weight:)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Don't do those routines more than 5hrs a week. Best to spread out the rest days, not back to back.
    Move up to using as heavy weight as possible. Better if you want to do weight lifting, burns fat better.

Eat 1870 every day, workout or not. If you actually miss an hr workout, skip 150 calories that day. If you make it up, add 150 on that day.

If you decide to log your workouts, log 1 calorie, or do it after the last meal of the day and meeting that 1870 goal.

what do you mean 'Report back after 5 lbs loss, goals will change.' ? and thankyou for trying to help me out :)

Well, after you lose 5 lbs, here's the new goal for 130 lbs - 1785
    For 125 lbs - 1735
    For 120 lbs - 1805 (yep, went back up because you want to go into last 5 lbs with full burning metabolism, no need slowing it down now)
    For 115 lbs - Goal weight - 1970 if you keep up that routine. 1600 if you drop the workouts altogether. But now's the time to really gain muscle, eating at maintenance at goal weight. Likely will keep shedding fat, and adding LBM.

There, see, now you don't have to report back for details in the future. So come back here and start this thread again with your results.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    You can achieve ANYTHING you put your mind to. Work hard, be consistent, and stay determined. Amazing things will happen!
  • pussycat1997
    Options

For 125 lbs - 1735
    For 120 lbs - 1805 (yep, went back up because you want to go into last 5 lbs with full burning metabolism, no need slowing it down now)
    For 115 lbs - Goal weight - 1970 if you keep up that routine. 1600 if you drop the workouts altogether. But now's the time to really gain muscle, eating at maintenance at goal weight. Likely will keep shedding fat, and adding LBM.

There, see, now you don't have to report back for details in the future. So come back here and start this thread again with your results.

so how do you know this would work for females ?
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    You can achieve ANYTHING you put your mind to. Work hard, be consistent, and stay determined. Amazing things will happen!

thankyou :D
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

For 125 lbs - 1735

Females?! - that is based on your stats actually, custom made for you. I caught you were female early on.

Well, you and any other female 18 yrs old, currently 135 lbs and 5'3", and doing 5 hrs of intense workout each week.

It's called knowing your BMR (MFP Tools - BMR Calc) and your activity level, and therefore your TDEE and creating a deficit appropriate for amount to lose.

Of course I use a spreadsheet to make it easier. Linked in this topic.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/677905-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-calc-macro-calc-hrm
  • pussycat1997
    Options

For 125 lbs - 1735

Females?! - that is based on your stats actually, custom made for you. I caught you were female early on.

Well, you and any other female 18 yrs old, currently 135 lbs and 5'3", and doing 5 hrs of intense workout each week.

It's called knowing your BMR (MFP Tools - BMR Calc) and your activity level, and therefore your TDEE and creating a deficit appropriate for amount to lose.

Of course I use a spreadsheet to make it easier. Linked in this topic.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/677905-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-calc-macro-calc-hrm

ohk thanks! thats right
  • LunaHare
    LunaHare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look at your mental health as it seems you may have body dismorphia (seeing your body as different to how it truly is). In your profile you said you want to loose weight to be loved, this made me sad. I have been there too a long time ago and its not a nice place. As mad as this sounds, I am sending you love right now. You are loved. For who you are, not for a number on a scale.

I suggest looking at some of the photos of the strong women on these forums, the ones that have used their determination not to get 'skinny' but to be strong, independant beautiful women. Building strength eternally builds strength internally. Eat healthy, do excercise that makes you smile and feel happy and above all enjoy your life, you are far too young to be worrying so much about this, I promise you. Eat healthy and forget about it. If you want to work out, work out to be strong so you can do anything. Become superwomen.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i know it is low for my height 5'3 , but i wanna be skinny as my favourite singer and her weight is 97lbs...
    Firstly, how do you know your favourite singer is 97lbs? Did you see her stand on the scales? If your read it in a magazine then it's sensationalist horse *kitten*. Trust me on that one as I've a family member who has worked for a famous tabloid magazine. The issues which have cover stories about emaciated stars or issues with "What the Celebrities Actually Weigh" on the cover sadly sell the most issues so it pays for these publishing houses to print this ill-informed and frankly dangerous BS.

Secondly 97lbs if you're 5' 3" will look dreadful, I don't care what your frame is. I am 5' 3", recovering anorexic. I am currently about 96lbs (hard to be exact as low weights mess with your kidneys so you retain a lot of fluid sometimes) and I look like *kitten*. Nobody thinks I look good or admires my figure.

Honestly hon, I think you would be better off addressing your distorted body image and, when you begin to see yourself properly, then make a decision about losing weight. I bet if you were able to really see yourself as you are, you'd be very happy!

Take care of yourself (and please ditch those nasty, evil magazines!!)
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That is the best advice I've seen on here.

You're 18, you won't listen to 'old' people, or your family, or most of your friends. In your head, you look very different to how we would all see you, and that is so common. I too have body dysmorphia, and have struggled for years and didn't/wouldn't listen to others, just heard what I wanted to and ignored the rest.

Magazines will fill you full of hope, great plans, diets, exercise stuff and push you to look like someone you admire...but it's all crap.

You have to admire yourself for this to work, you can start a diet or plan, but get bored, then put weight back on and be back to or worse than where you started. It's too easy to stop, then get in a rut and blame anyone or anything other than unrealistic targets and media.

Take some time away from it, be honest with yourself and speak to someone you love and trust about how they see you, bet them to be honest too - and come back with a plan you can stick to, that have realistic and achievable goals, and won't make you ill.

As has been said, you are loved, you really are - you have the same issues as nearly everyone your age, stop listening to the media, don't idolise singers, actors, actresses etc. please - just be yourself, love yourself too.