Options
    Subway veggie, turkey, or bacon
    McDonalds SW salad with grilled chicken, no dressing
    Wendy's baja salad, half size, no dressing or chips

:smile:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    a 4 piece kids meal from chick fila.... 130 cals for the chicken, 300 cals for the fries and 10 calories for a diet lemonade....grand total of 450 calories.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    For my plan I'd just lose the sugars/starch and pick something meat/protein heavy.

I'd have two cheeseburgers and not eat all the buns, for instance.

Calories unimportant.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion for subway - check out their online menu calculator - very easy to use, and lets you make all kinds of changes to the variables to see what suits you best.

Wendy's (in Canada at any rate - don't know about the US) has some decent options. They also have an online menu calculator - very helpful.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Culvers - Grilled chicken breast sandwich - around 300
    This is me....until I eat the whole side of fries :frown:
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is terrible, and I think South Park did the best explanation of that. Subway...if I want a sandwich made with pre-packaged meat I'll go to the store and pick up some tasty meats, and a good bread.

When I go out to eat I don't really think about the calories. I don't eat out often (anymore), so I think of it as my treat for eating right so much. Willy's is my go to place on the weekend, and it blows Chipotle out of the water. :D
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you have a Noodles and Company near by, I would recommend, The Med Flatbread sandwich.
    330 Calories
    10 grams fat
    20 grams protein

Flat bread with a mayo sauce, grilled chicken, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, cilantro and feta cheese (I do mine with out the feta-don't like it) It is awesome!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Noodles and Company. I may have to go there Saturday! MMMMMMMMMMMM
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    might not be a perfect choice, but mcdonalds bacon ranch chicken salad grilled and be frugal with the dressing
  • belle165
    belle165 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The grilled chicken salad at Carl's Jr. wasn't bad. Also, most fast food places have a Nutritional Information sheet. If you're going inside (and why not take the few extra steps, you can ask for it.) It really helps with better food choices.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If I am stuck away from the house I try the following:
    1) Stop at a grocery store for yogurt, string cheese, fresh fruit, 4 bean salad from the deli
    2) Subway with whole grain bread, turkey/ham, light mayo and tons of veggies\
    3) A salad, grilled chicken, light dressing on the side

I avoid the following:
    1) White bread/pasta/rice
    2) Oil/deep fried/butter
    3) Sweets
  • belle165
    belle165 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have, when someone has made a Subway run and I'm desperate. just eaten the middle of the sandwich. (Not great, but better than turning to candy.)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like wendy's baconator....It just under 1000 as long as you leave the mayo off.
  • dancermom11
    dancermom11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That salad is really good but watch out for the manderin oranges.They have sugar and this isn't good if you are diabetic.
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    In South Africa........

Nandos.......grilled chicken breast with salad on the side ( no dressing)

Approved by the heart foundation and recommended by Weigh-less.
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    my husband LOVES to eat out - it's his passion, I think - I get faced with this a lot and I have learned that as long as you get a salad with dressing on the side (not one covered in cheese or tortilla strips, however) it adds up to about 600 cal normally which honestly is pretty good compared to the 1000's in everything else on the menu
  • RBoop57
    RBoop57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Depending on how hungry I am, I will do a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich without the sauce and bun and ask for extra tomatoes and lettuce. I use the lettuce as my bun. which is about 165 calories. Or If I am super hungry I will get the grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce, extra tomatoes and lettuce and eat 1/2 of the bun (usually the bottom because it is smaller) and calories are about 245.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    That salad is really good but watch out for the manderin oranges.They have sugar and this isn't good if you are diabetic.
    No one knows what salad you're talking about since you didn't quote anyone. Anyway, I'm going to guess that diabetics know that sugar is bad for them and that oranges have sugar.
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    no such thing as "FRIENDLY fast food" for me. I rather not eat for up to 6-8 hours and eat plenty before hand or bring my own food. Or at least that's what I try to do. If I eat out is gonna be ugly.
    Some people may make it work. I guess some of the suggestions will be helpful. I hope you at least you can minimize the damage.
    :)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you end up on a business/working lunch on this trip the chain sit-down restaurants you can ask for a nutrition guide. If you're at a local establishment (non-chain) they'll usually have something marking what's healthy and not healthy.

NOTE: Salads aren't always your best option.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Subway needs to start offering lettuce leaves instead of bread. I'd totally order a 6 inch turkey on lettuce.