Anyone else eat hardboiled eggs?

Options
I just figured out the nutrition in one egg and its actually very nutritious. For under 90 calories you get a satisfying snack and a good amount of protein(also low Carb)., It's relatively good once in a while- which is because of the high cholesterol in the yolk.

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yes hard boiled eggs are awesome! Great nutritious quick snack or breakfast.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one egg almost everyday....never had a problem with cholesterol counts so hasn't been a problem for me. However, studies change all the time. Eggs are bad....Eggs are good....like everything else. :)

We always keep a bowl of them in the fridge. Can eat them as a snack or I'll even chop up one with a second egg white with a bit of low fat mayo, mustard, touch of hot sauce and throw it on a ryvita cracker with a slice of low fat turkey. It's a great lunch!!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I too keep a bowl of them in the fridge. The kids love them, and on days when we are rushed, 2 eggs make an easy go -to breakfast.

My cholesterol is fantastic. It is my iron levels that need some attention and egg yolks are a good source for iron.

I love tuna with a little mayo and chopped egg and pickles. I eat it right off the spoon, no carbs required! ;o)
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep, often for an on the go snack or as part of a meal. Never had a cholesterol probem
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I swear you can't listen to doctors these days...looks like I see more eggs in my future :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 hardboiled eggs every weekday as well as 2 each on Saturday and Sunday.
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs most mornings; I love that I can hard boil them and leave them in the fridge for a super quick breakfast. They're also a super after work out snack too :-)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I just figured out the nutrition in one egg and its actually very nutritious. For under 90 calories you get a satisfying snack and a good amount of protein(also low Carb)., It's relatively good once in a while- which is because of the high cholesterol in the yolk.

Yes, I eat eggs almost any way they can be prepared.

I eat upwards of 6-8 eggs per day and my cholesterol has actually lowered.

Cholesterol in food is NOT the enemy.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs are great as a snack.

Eggs are fantastic, you can make a whole chicken from one ...

Dietary cholesterol does not affect blood serum cholesterol.

Never has, never will.

And is 'high' cholesterol a good predictor for heart issues?

No.
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Yes, I eat eggs almost any way they can be prepared.

I eat upwards of 6-8 eggs per day and my cholesterol has actually lowered.

Cholesterol in food is NOT the enemy.

Very intriguing. Thanks!
  • Elisabeth2506
    Options
    My father eats up to 4 eggs a day, and on his last medical the doctor had commented that he'd never seen somebody with such good cholesterol levels that had never been on medication to lower it so I try not to think too much about it.

I scoop the yolk out, mash it up with some paprika and put it back. Sort of like devilled eggs, and really quick :)
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Four every morning. Now along with 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, and a cup if milk ;)
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I too usually have a bowl of them in the fridge for quick meals. My favorite thing right now is to cut 2-3 of them in half, remove the yolks. Sprinkle the whites with a little sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Then I take 1/2 of one of the yolks and crumble it up over all the egg whites. If I have turkey bacon on hand I'll have some of that with it too. I like to wash it down with a small can of low-sodium V8. This is a quick brekkie that carries me a lot longer than I expected when I first tried it!

(I only use a little of the yolk because I have not had bloodwork done in a long time and am concerned about cholesterol levels, so just trying to watch it until I have health insurance again someday and can get a complete workup.)
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    To throw out some fancy sounding jargon

Dietary cholesterol has little to no affect on serum cholesterol levels.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I love them. I chop them up and put them on salads or just eat them whole.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I just ate two of them! However, once my carton is empty (5 left), I will be cutting eggs out of my diet entirely. I have a food intolerance to them (found out yesterday).
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    YES! and always with chili powder!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Love them....just boiled 5 yesterday! A little salt and a little pepper! YUM
  • i usually have a few cooked and in the fridge for a grab and go snack or put some toast on for a quick breakfast. yum! my fav! my house is hecticin the am, anything fast and nutritious wins me over.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I ate a hardboiled egg just about every day last week! Time to stock up, going to boil some eggs for a convenient after gym snack and then try and track down a delicious healthy egg salad recipe I found and hook that up for some lunches next week. Thanks for the reminder. :drinker: