Progress... With Pics!

Options
Yesterday was a confusing day for me.

I was disappointed with the results I got from weighing in/measuring. And it wasn't that it wasn't enough of a loss. It was the fact that I gained BF%, and lost lean body mass. Which is what started my crusade to find out what I had been doing wrong. If you read my post yesterday, then you already know I figured it out. When I got home last night, I read Matt my blog posting from yesterday. He asked why I was so disappointed. He couldn't understand, because he was focused on the progress I have made, not the one, minor, not even a whole percent increase, that I was obsessing over. And he was right.

As many of you know, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some Pintrest. On my FatGirl board, I have a quote that says "The number one reason that people quit is because they look at how far they have to go, not how far they've come." This is soooo true. Yesterday, I was SOOO focused on the one thing that brought me down, instead of focusing on the amazing numbers I have achieved.

Today, I am celebrating just how far I have come. So, here are the stats again, along with a progress pic. GO ME!!!

So far on my journey, I have lost 68 pounds.

Since I actually started keeping track (of more than just the scale), I have lost 15.4 pounds of PURE FAT. I have gained 17.5 pounds of PURE MUSCLE. I have lost 31 inches off my body. I have lost 4 pants sizes, and gone from a 2X sized shirt, to a L.
I have not taken a single diet pill, or miracle drink, or gone on a fad diet. I have counted every calorie, and worked my *kitten* off.

And these are the results... :)

[Untitled.jpg

Replies

• OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    A) You're awesome
    B) You look amazing
    C) I'm extremely proud of you

:heart:
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!!! Way to go!!! :)
    Thank you for being such an inspiration!
  • clbowman11
    Options
    You look awesome!
    And it's true sometimes I find myself looking at how far I have to go, but really for the most part I'm just shocked by how far I've come. I've only lost 16 lbs but I've been lifting heavy & I can tell I've gained muscle. But, it's true we really do need to focus on how far we've come and what it took to get there and be proud of ourselves for accomplishing that!

And again, Great Job!!!
    (:
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! I'm so glad you shared your story! Just what I (and most people) need! :)
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree you are looking amazing!
    You've already shown that you can do it!
    so Keep up the great work!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Thanks for your post! In a small town where "everyone" is having gastric bypass in some form or seraching for a quick "fix", it's often hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for the inspiration - I totally needed it!
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. I am so happy for you that your hard work has paid off. Thanks for helping me keep things in the proper prospective.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same person as in your "before" picture! You look amazing! You are absolutely right - we all need to focus on what we've accomplished and then take it one day at a time. :drinker:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    "The number one reason that people quit is because they look at how far they have to go, not how far they've come."

I love this. And look how far you've come....you look great and should be so proud!
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss... You look awesome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    AWESOME! Thanks for your post! In a small town where "everyone" is having gastric bypass in some form or seraching for a quick "fix", it's often hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for the inspiration - I totally needed it!

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that is frustrated by gastric bypasses. I totally agree that for some people it is the answer. It is not the answer for me though!

My sister and best friend have recently had the surgery and tell me all the time that I need to do the same. It is so frustrating. Why is it so hard to accept that I would rather work at it and lose the weight naturally.

Good for you for doing what is right for you! :flowerforyou:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    these are the posts that get my off my *kitten* when I don't feel like putting in the effort for a walk. Seeing progress photos reminds me how worth it it will be. thanks for sharing, you look amazing!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love this post.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great work
  • karmanc04
    karmanc04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow... keep up the great work. I Love that quote on Pinterest as well....
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    When we "see" each other everyday almost you forgot how far that person has come! You look great! You motivate me most everyday in my feed even though I don't always tell you! Thanks! Congrats on your progress!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Congrats on your progress!
  • Ericaaa89
    Ericaaa89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look great girl! Inspiration I needed this morning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!