Strange things we say to our SO

Options
soontobesam
soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
Quack quack = I love you!

When I first got my phone I set my text tone to a duck quacking and since then quack quack has become a term of endearment between me and my boyfriend.

What oddities do you and your SO say to each other??

Replies

• soontobesam
    Options
    bump :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    He always uses really strange greetings.

"what's up hoodrat" "What's up Poccohantas" "What's going on, chief"
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have had entire conversations consisting of nonsense words like "murr," "nya," and "nom." I can't explain it.

But, funnily enough, when I got my iPhone I set his text tone to the duck quacking. xD
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband used to use "dirty slut" was a term of endearment. I actually kinda miss it.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    He and I have started putting "-ers" on the end of certain words when we are being cute & our favorite is now saying "I lovers you a lotters" which turned into "I lovers you a lotters like otters...but not snotters" When one of us (usually me) is irritated with the other one I'll say "i lovers you a lotters like snotters" Which lightens up the mood for the both us. It's weird and we sometimes I have to catch ourselves from saying it in public.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was an independent 35 year-old, and had a hard time getting used to having someone want to do everything with me. So, I called him an imprinted duck to try to get him to give me some space. It had the opposite effect: he thought it was cute.

Now, over 20 years later, we both call each other 'Duck.' When social circumstances require me to call him by his proper name, it feels really weird.
  • soontobesam
    Options
    He and I have started putting "-ers" on the end of certain words when we are being cute & our favorite is now saying "I lovers you a lotters" which turned into "I lovers you a lotters like otters...but not snotters" When one of us (usually me) is irritated with the other one I'll say "i lovers you a lotters like snotters" Which lightens up the mood for the both us. It's weird and we sometimes I have to catch ourselves from saying it in public.

haha I can imagine people thinking you guys are weirdo's in public - very cute though!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    I met my husband when I was an independent 35 year-old, and had a hard time getting used to having someone want to do everything with me. So, I called him an imprinted duck to try to get him to give me some space. It had the opposite effect: he thought it was cute.

Now, over 20 years later, we both call each other 'Duck.' When social circumstances require me to call him by his proper name, it feels really weird.

Ducks are where it's at!!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    I also call my boyfriend my penguin because I heard a while ago that penguins mate for life! I wonder if its the same for ducks??
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    We have jokes about woo girls. I also call him old man (only a couple years older than me).
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Blackie Cavolise - random...anytime we need a smile

Selfish Melvin - anytime we are being unkind or selfish

these are two of my favorite :laugh:
  • soontobesam
    Options
    He always uses really strange greetings.

"what's up hoodrat" "What's up Poccohantas" "What's going on, chief"

This must be a guy thing - I can expect a new greeting each day after work!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've started being called 'snowflake' - relates to a song we both love
    I'm not sure if I use such a term to him but I'm sure he'll let me know if I do :o)
  • soontobesam
    Options
    We have jokes about woo girls. I also call him old man (only a couple years older than me).

Do tell us what a woo girl is?? I'm thinking along the lines of the drunk girls who yell "woooooo" when taking a shot or at any other opportunity available?
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Blackie Cavolise - random...anytime we need a smile

Selfish Melvin - anytime we are being unkind or selfish

these are two of my favorite :laugh:

I like that - great to have someone who can let us know about both those things!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    No matter what I've weighed (and it's been a 70 lb up/down thing), my husband has always called me "beautiful one", "sexcito", "gorgeous", etc. The only time he uses my give name of Michelle is when he is ticked off about something. The kids know it and stay away whenever they hear him call me by my name... like in today's phone call at work, every sentence he ended with my name, so I started doing it back. Guess what? He then called me the forbidden "C" word and hung up on me! LMAO! This on the day before our 6 year wedding anniversary. More LOL's!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    When I hug my husband, I sometimes say, "I want to wear your skin." I'm usually cold and he's warm. I've started calling him my little pork sausage which makes him smile because I think he's little.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I also call my boyfriend my penguin because I heard a while ago that penguins mate for life! I wonder if its the same for ducks??

I don't know about ducks, although it might vary by type of duck, but mating for life is fairly common among birds. They're actually better at monogamy than people.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    We were in the living room one day and his daughter (14) came out of her room and went "CAW CAW" like a crow....... and we kept doing it. That and if its hot, one of us will inevitably say "I'm sweatin like a hot turbo". My daughter (4 at the time) said that at the park one day and we thought it was hilarious, so we kept it going.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    We call each other "seal" because once upon a time he tried to balance my boob on his nose and the joke kept growing. Now when we say something to each other we usually start it with "Hey seal..." Our friends give us weird looks but thankfully haven't asked about it =P