Is there anything you NEVER track?

Options

Replies

• deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices. I track chutney in sandwiches, but not mustard. I'm one of those 'scrape it on and scrape half back off' people, so with such a translucent layer of mustard there can't be many calories going onto the sandwich!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and diet soda. I also don't track my water intake anymore. I was always getting well over 8 cups when I did track it. Now I just don't bother.
  • jdploki70
    Options
    Condiments, coffee, diet soda, and spices. I track everything else
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    LOL..I must be totally anal, I track just about everything!! Unless I really can't find or figure out the calories myself, then I guess-timate it.

Haha I can be like that too. The other day my boyfriend fed me a cracker with cheese and I was like "Thanks a lot. Now I have to log a cracker and slice of cheese! :grumble: " lol

^^ This is me. I was in Publix (grocry store) yesterday and I tried two of their samples. I went home and threw in some quick calroies to try to account for it.

However, now that I've been at this two months and getting used to it I am starting to drop no-calorie entries. I add condiments and so forth, as I am sometimes amazed at how many calories can be jammed into a little serving.
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    weight lifting. i mean, i only have 5 lb dumbbells. i pick them up and to 10, 15, 20 moves of something, then i'll put them down, and pick them up later. and i have NO idea what i'm doing with them. i just pick them up and move. i dont' really think it makes a difference.
  • christimw
    Options
    *wonders if seman is in the database*

i couldn't find it!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Spices or salt. I don't track sodium in my macros because I can't imagine it ever actually being accurate. I just try to keep it lowish.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

I'm sure there is a value for that on the internet. Add it to your foods? :laugh:
  • christimw
    Options

I'm sure there is a value for that on the internet. Add it to your foods? :laugh:

found it. :)

Typically, semen contains rather high nutritional content. In one typical ejaculation (approximately one teaspoon), semen contains 150 mg of protein, 11 mg of carbohydrates, 6 mg fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 7% US RDA potassium and 3% US RDA copper and zinc.
    There are trace amounts of several vitamins in a regular, healthy, ejaculation-full of semen. In fact, the amount of vitamin C is about the same as in an orange.

A typical ejaculation fills up about one teaspoon; the actual amount is determined by a man's age (younger men usually make more semen), when he last ejaculated, and how long he's aroused before ejaculating, among other factors. Contrary to what you've heard, semen is not loaded with calories. Each teaspoon of ejaculate has about 5 - 7 calories and some 200 - 500 million sperm. Since sperm make up only about 1 percent of semen, what accounts for the other 99 percent? Well, its other ingredients include:
    Fructose sugar
    Water
    Ascorbic acid (a.k.a., vitamin C)
    Citric acid
    Enzymes
    Protein
    Phosphate and bicarbonate buffers (bases)
    Zinc

Can swallowing semen enrich a poor diet? Unless you're gulping gallons of it each day, it's no substitute for real nutritious cuisine.
    It is anti depressant and contains epinephrine.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I never track my coffee, even though I put cream and sugar in it. I figure if I can't lose while drinking one cup of coffee a day then I'm doing something wrong!
  • TheGuyMatt
    Options
    Beer. Because if you can remember how many you had, you're doing it wrong.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't track spices. It's not even worth it. And sometimes I forget to track my zero-calorie drinks.

I am about the same! lol
    Same for me and I rarely ever have diet soda but when I do I just count it as one serving of water.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't track my coffee. It's straight up black coffee, 12 oz each morning. Everything else I track most of the time. Sometimes I won't track a few of the veggies I put on a sandwich (1 slice of green pepper, 1 onion slice, etc). Usually do though.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I drink way too many beers I don't bother tracking them, because I know that I am obviously way over. One or two beers I will track though.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    No, I log everything always.

Unless I'm bingeing then I just stop logging for the whole day because it's too embarrassing.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    I don't track spices. It's not even worth it. And sometimes I forget to track my zero-calorie drinks.

I am about the same! lol
    Same for me and I rarely ever have diet soda but when I do I just count it as one serving of water.

Are people still tracking any and all liquids are water? Isn't the purpose of tracking water to make sure you're hydrated enough? Don't most other drinks (coffee, soda, alcohol etc.) do the exact opposite? Or am I just crazy?
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just gum... I figure it's dumb unless I'm eating say, 15 sticks out of the entire pack.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Water. I drink a ton of the stuff. I don't need to track it to know I'm drinking enough.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I'm bad with tracking coffee...sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.

Condiments are the worst; I always forget.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I use a little half and half in it, and have one mug every morning. I know I'm consuming calories in it, but it's a consistent, daily thing, and it hasn't impacted my weight loss thus far.

I also usually don't track mustard, ketchup, or a slice of tomato on a sandwich.