I hit my goal weight today!

Options
It's been over a year old process for me. From May-August 2011, I lost 25lbs. We then moved several states away and I maintained that weight within 5 or so lbs from August-May 2012. I thought that I was happy where I was but when Summer and beach season started rolling around, I knew that I could do a little better than that. Since May, I've lost another 15 pounds, maybe a little bit more depending on the scale (who is stupid and I'm now breaking up with until further notice).

I'm 5'2 and went from 170 to 130 pounds- size 14/16 pants to a size 8 (sometimes 6), L/XL shirts to a S, I also lost half of a shoe size and a ring size.

I gained a crapton of self esteem and self worth. It's had some hard moments but I can honestly say that it's been every second of struggle, doubt and lack of motivation on the worst days. It's been worth the times that I almost threw in towel and thought it would be easier to be fat than to WORK for what I wanted to be. Moments like that were the ones that have kept me going

I'd like to loose more body fat and have quite a bit of body work to do, but I'm happy to see that number.... and fling my scale out of the window. Have I mentioned that I hate that thing?

Me before and me this morning:

goalweight.jpg

100_4041.jpg

The first size small thing I was able to buy:

greendress.jpg

face before:

DSC01266.jpg

and now:

DSC07998.jpg

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Sabdavis
    Sabdavis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Contratulations!!! Now what??? LOL!
  • annie5678
    Options
    You look fantastic! As much as I hate my scale, I can't keep myself from getting on it all the time!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    mother-of-god-gif-240x180.gif
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    haha @ now what. I have no idea! I'm going to start bumping up my cals a little bit.. just in time for the holidays! ;)

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.. just keep swimming swimming swimming.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You are almost my twin! except I am 5'6". I started at 170 and while my goal is 145, I would like to keep going and hit more like 130/140. Starting about a size 14.

You look fantastic!!!!! Great job!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!! We were about the same size! I'm 5' 2.5 BW 165 CW 150 GW 130, I know I have a long way to go, but my goal is to be 135 by Christmas. I started Aug 6.

Congrats!! You look great!!
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    all I can say is "U GO, girl!" looking absolutely amazing :drinker:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great and such a inspiration to everyone!
  • sritt004
    sritt004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look stunning!!
  • tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    congratulations! You look amazing and you give so many people hope by sharing your struggles and being honest!
    Thank you!
  • dw4378
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look AMAZING!!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Congratulations!!! You should be super proud!!!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, thank you very much. I was pretty discouraged this morning when I weighed in and thought "I still have SO much work to do" but then I put my pics side by side. Sometimes our brains just need to catch up to our bodies. :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congratulations, sassy mama! you deserve all the praise possible for hitting an amazing goal!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Congratulations to you. You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!