How far is your commute to work?

Options
U2BFM
U2BFM Posts: 21 Member
I got an hour and 10 minute commute and some days it's just a killer. Like today....

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's not too bad... but it seriously ranges from 15 minutes (usually getting TO work, naturally) to 45 minutes... it's about 12 miles I think... but all city driving so a ton of stop lights.... and stupid *kitten* drivers.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have one hour and 20 minutes - leave the house at 7:20 drive to the train station, jump on a train, get off in the city and walk a mile to the office, get in around 8:40. Jeez know wonder I'm tired.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's about 4 miles or 7 mins one way. Exhausting.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    15 miles...
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    within walking distance, which is nice I'd hate to have to drive to work every morning. I can get out of bed 40 minutes before work starts and get there on time, showered, dressed and stress free.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    9 miles... 15 minutes... no traffic out here in western South Dakota...
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

ever had to take a snow mobile to work?
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    All the way across town, about 7.8 miles (just maped it on Google). Takes me about 12 minutes. 2 stop lights.

I moved here 4 years ago sometimes need to remind myself that this makes up for not having all the shops, dining options...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    About 40 mins if there is no traffic. Can take longer than an hour when there's traffic. Which of course, there always is.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    7 minutes if I stop for coffee:)
  • Brengild
    Options
    10 miles, 2 gravel, 1 blacktop, the rest highway, practically no taffic. I am pretty lucky because we live at least 30 miles in all directions from any major towns so most have to commute. Have to go to town to do my grocery shopping once a week, nothing more than a convenience store in the small town I work in.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

ever had to take a snow mobile to work?

nope!! but its nice to have a big Azz 4 wheel drive///
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    One flight of stairs :) I work predominantly from home, but when I have clients with me I am all over Austin and the surrounding area (I'm a Realtor)
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    about one minute, i have to get up out of bed and walk down the hall. brutal :)

if i do have to go into the office its 5min one way, or 45m walking...
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    24.7m and anywhere between 45-75min.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    30-35 minutes if I am running late and everyone moves! On days when the universe aligns and I am on time, 40 minutes.
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    From door to door it takes me 2 hours of which 70 mins is walking :noway:

45 min walk to local station, 50 min sit on train and 25 min walk through central London. Then I have to do the same on the way back.

Blimey just realised 4 hours of commuting a day! I must be mad lol

I do sometimes drive to the station or get the bus or tube but the money really adds up and my yearly train ticket costs enough!! :explode:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    About 40 minutes without traffic but I always hit traffic so about 70 minutes. If I go local about 50 minutes.
  • ozznando
    ozznando Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    About 15 seconds from the bedroom to the next room where my home office is. :)
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    under 10 mins of driving, but it kinda sucks for winter. Too far to walk in the dead of winter.