How far is your commute to work?

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    I'm in Houston. Commute is an hour, but my husband and I work together so it's a fun ride!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    7 mins by car, 17 minutes by bicycle and 40 mins walking
  • 10 minute drive :)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Mine is about a 30 minute drive - 25 miles. Not to bad. Could be much worse. Some morning that 30 minute drive really does suck though...
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    10 miles
    about 15 minutes
  • 36 miles each way
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    I live about 1mile from work but it is NOT a bike/walking friendly city that I prefer to drive :cry: I wish I could ride a bike but the only street with a bike lane on the way to work is blocked by cars, and I don't want to risk my life especially during morning rush hour
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    15 mins
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    58 miles one way...coming home it can take me up to 3 hours sometimes!!! But without traffic it's a 40 minute drive (80 miles an hour of course)
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Depends on the time I leave, anywhere from 15 - 45 minutes. Usually 15 because I do not do traffic real well so I leave early.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    A few feet...down the hallway....I work from home
  • About 1 hr 15mins.

Most of the commute is on a really obnoxious, congested road with a million traffic lights. I wouldn't mind so much if it was all highway.
  • For my previous job the commute was an hour or more each way depending on traffic. Now a days I'm pretty lucky...1/8 mile!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    if i go the short way, it's a 10 minute walk. If I go the 'long' way (which i've been doing just for the extra exercise!) it's a brisk 20 minute walk!

I hope to continue the brisk 20 minute walk to AND from work in the Fall and Winter months...but there'll probably be some days with crappy weather that i'll just do the quick route to work and get there in 10 mins :D
  • It all depends on whether I sleep in my bed or the couch. From bed I usually stop by the coffee pot on the way and it takes a couple minutes. If I'm coming from the couch, it's a little shorter and I usually skip the coffee until break time.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    15 minutes on the train, 20-25 minutes on my bicycle... so, 35-45 total.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Exactly one hour for the most part... and it can be REALLY rough... especially in the mornings! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    An hour on the train.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    About 10 minutes. It's awesome.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    work?... pfft... suckers...