What is your healthy "I don't want to cook meal?"

Options
When I am lazy I take an avocado and a pouch of salmon mix it together and eat it with wheat thins (sundried tomato flavor). I had this just a few minutes ago. It seems I have been eating this a lot lately. I have been to busy to cook.

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I really like salads, so I throw together a chickpea tuna salad. Romaine and red-leaf lettuce, a can of tuna, 1/3 to 1/2 can of chickpeas, a little Italian dressing and a splash of lemon juice. Delicious. Could also be really good with canned chicken!
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna, or beans, or cottage cheese with raw vegetables.
    Or oatmeals + fruit.
    Cottage cheese (well i want to say tvorog, not sure if it's the same thing) plus fruit make a quick and tasty smoothie, very satisfying. Oww, I need to replace my broken blender, I miss my smoothies )
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Butterfly a chicken breast and throw it on the George Forman grill for a few minutes. Reduced calorie bun, Hellman's light mayo, lettuce and tomato, salt and pepper. Delicious.
  • pammy211081
    Options
    At the minute i'm loving strawberries with blackberries and apple diced with two spoons of greek style yogurt with honey on top. I also love warm chicken salads so easy to throw together and tasty too!
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A microwave weight watchers meal. :happy:
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    At the minute i'm loving strawberries with blackberries and apple diced with two spoons of greek style yogurt with honey on top. I also love warm chicken salads so easy to throw together and tasty too!

Yes! Greek yogurt (0%) with fruit for sure. So much protein, and delicious.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    microwaveable weight watchers meal.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, but does anyone have any vegan ideas?
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    a chicken salad sandwich yummm
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    cereal. I drink lactaid milk and I only buy cherrios and special K so its healthy the way around!!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    I like campbells tomato soup made with milk so it is more nutrient dense & is more filling. I like to make some garlic toast on the stove to go with it out of whole wheat bread that I toast in a pan with parm cheese & garlic seasoning.

Cereal is also a favorite meal of mine. Any time of day. lol

I like grilled sandwiches. It just makes it into more of a meal when you grill it. Also great with some low cal canned soup.

Pickled eggs on low fat crackers with tobasco sauce.
  • choxxxie
    Options
    i) Diced green apple with greek yogurt and spoonful of granola sprinkled on top.
    ii) Purple sweet potatoes (microwaveable)
    iii) Oatmeal or oatbran with soymilk with a dash of cinnamon - yummo!
  • MissMay87
    Options
    I sometimes have a container of Chobani with 1/4 cup of almonds as my lunch if I have to work and don't have time to sit down to eat. Or if I'm feeling lazy at home I can throw together a wrap in less than 5 minutes. I usually make them with lunch meat, egg salad, or tuna salad.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast added to a simple salad. Fast and delicious!

Edit: But I always love to cook! LOL
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and fresh fruit. I have this almost every day for my work lunch. I find it filling and I don't feel like I'm going to fall asleep at my desk at 3 pm. :wink:
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    1/2 can of chili. 1 ounce of chips. 1 ounce of cheese, optional. 1 chopped tomato.

Nachos!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    sardines and triscuit dill crackers....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    PBJ on Wasa
    Amy's frozen GF burritos (I have stomach issues, thus the GF).
    corn tortillas with blue cheese melted on them
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    6 oz 0% fat greek yogurt with cocoa roast almonds- 100 calorie pack- and 1/3 c Trader joe's dried montmorency cherries! Or Crown Prince smoked baby clams.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Beans on toast, corn chips, or tortilla
    Salad with chickpeas or sunflower seeds
    Baked potato and salsa
    Porridge, fruit, or whatever is in the fridge!
    Great suggestions, but does anyone have any vegan ideas?