protein powder

Options
13»

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    well I got body fortress from walmart, sorry guys that said not too, but money is sorta tight right now, so thats what I got, I got the chocolate peanut butter, only because strawberry and cookies & cream were all gone, but I mixed it with almond milk and a banana in the blender, friggin awesome :drinker:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I use ON 100% Gold Standard in Creamy Vanilla...I mix it with water and some coffee and occasionally ice cubes....it's lush, like a frappacino! If I'm having it for breakfast I stick some blended berries in with it. Vanilla is a good choice because you can add lots of different flavours without a nasty taste conflict!
    OMG frozen coffee protein shake, ahhh I will make that
  • Ok.. first off i want to know what someone has against an MLM..? Because every single business out there is a MLM..
    Take mc donalds for instance .. at the bottom you have employees.. above them mgr..above them owner.. above them corporation..

Secondly you guys/gals really should check your facts on the ingredients before you call it crap.. First off it stacks up better than pretty much any shake you' will find in every category! Its less than 1 gram fat, 1 gram sugar, 90 calories .. and 7 grams carbs .. so if you can find a shake out there thats better.. id like to see it!

For any of you that claim its expensive... what are you basing it against? A Vi shake is a $1.50 a serving ! The average meal for breakfast or lunch is $6 ( bought or packed) so .. you replace breakfast and lunch with a shake that is healthier and has more nutrients than any meal ... and you save $9 dollars a day.. That adds up to $270 a month or $3240 a year.. to switch to something healthy..

For anybody that still cant afford it.. the company makes it simple to get it free each month.. i get all mine free.. and i did way before i became a promoter! i can personally attest to the results as well! i lost 50 lbs!

Finally.. if you think its soo bad and unhealthy .. why do over 3k people a day join it? Why do pro athletes like hulk hogan , ray lewis, roy jones(to name a few) all use it!? Why do doctors prescribe it to patients and why are insurances starting to fully cover it under their wellness plans?

If you dont want to use something then so be it.. but dont go bashing on something you know absolutely nothing about and are going by what you hear about MLM!

Thanks !
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been using Ultimate High Whey Protein Strawberry Flavor from our local health food store. I like the fact it is smooth and tasty, and has no soy or sugar.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Although I buy unflavored Milk Protein Isolate in bulk, my favorite commercial product is Trutein: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Banana Cream and CinnaBun.

2znnwva.png
  • Renee2817
    Renee2817 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use Unjury, it dissolves great in your drinks and has no taste, the chocolate in your coffee, Mocha Latte. Enjoy
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The one I use is Dymatize Nutrition's Elite Gourmet Milk Chocolate. I drink it because my trainer recommended that I buy one that is a whey and casein blend. My nutrition store had a few whey and casein blends to choose from. I selected this one and have stuck with it ever since.

If you are unhappy with your current protein drink, try another. I recommend avoiding walmart brands (You get what you pay for. I undestand that the more expensive ones dont guarantee the best quality, but I would avoid the bargain basement ones.). I would go to a local nutrition store and try another one. If you dont like the taste, try a different one.

Buy a protein powder that has at least 20 grams of protein (per scoop) and as little sugar as possible. (Mine has 21g of protein and 0 grams of sugar).
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of protein powders. I just discovered truestrength protein and love it. No soy/gluten/dairy or artificial sweeteners. Low in sodium and calories. And it is delicious with non after taste! It's a bit pricey compared to the others, but worth every penny to me.